Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 11, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #782 of 8,192
Just realized that I did all my standby tests with wifi off. Will run it overnight again with wifi enabled.

I had noticed that when I turned on my screen on the DAP without anything being used the WiFi icon in the status bar was showing the up and down arrows meaning it was active, although I wasn’t actually using it. So maybe there is something going on there.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #784 of 8,192
24 Hour Standby Battery drain.

Cayin N6II 72% remaining
FiiO M11 96% remaining
iBasso DX220 94% remaining

Mine is not bad but the volume wheel cuts out on even #'s (weirdest thing ever)

Love the sound though

HBB, was that with WiFi on?

Twister6’s comment got me wondering about that piece.

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #785 of 8,192
I have both DAP's.

Stage is a psycho acoustic illusion (with IEM vented ones can seem more natural/wider) since my Ex1000 sound wide as they should do to their tuning...the N6II and DX220 show no difference great enough to make any claim that would direct a purchase of one or the other.

Most of soundstage/width is created by the choice of iems rather than dap. Just get the dap you like using the most. Also, do you like the idea of changing amps or whole module. If neither appeal just get a fiio m11

Well Said.

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #786 of 8,192
Credit where due, iBasso product support is exemplary. Look at how many update DX200 received. DX220 just few months old and received 3rd update.

Now look at N5iis... Hope Cayin don’t abandon the ship the moment they released new gear.

I have to say this was the main reason I did NOT buy a Cayin n5 or n5ii to replace my ONKYO DP-X1. I read through both the 5n & 5nii threads and was really disappointed with Cayin's blatant abandonment of their past products & clientele.

I have watched and will continue to watch this thread and possibly purchase a n6ii down the line if there are no major issues.
Support is VERY important, especially when spending in the $1000 range.

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #788 of 8,192
I had noticed that when I turned on my screen on the DAP without anything being used the WiFi icon in the status bar was showing the up and down arrows meaning it was active, although I wasn’t actually using it. So maybe there is something going on there.

Testing it at work now with wifi on, display off, for the last 3hrs, and battery did drop by 4%. So, realistically a drop of 1-2% an hour is possible. Also, I see the same with wifi, down arrow, then up/down arrows; definitely some pinging activity. @AEIOU9 , I think your battery is OK.

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #789 of 8,192
Btw, there is a Scheduled Power Off option which you can enable, but I don't see the setting for it, unless I missed it. Power off after some fixed idling time or something else? Would be a good option if you forget to turn the DAP off.

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #790 of 8,192
Btw, there is a Scheduled Power Off option which you can enable, but I don't see the setting for it, unless I missed it. Power off after some fixed idling time or something else? Would be a good option if you forget to turn the DAP off.

I saw the option but I was under the impression was scheduled power off from the time you set it , and not a scheduled power off from when the DAP is idle (like you can with SP1000).

I haven’t tested but it though.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #791 of 8,192
Testing it at work now with wifi on, display off, for the last 3hrs, and battery did drop by 4%. So, realistically a drop of 1-2% an hour is possible. Also, I see the same with wifi, down arrow, then up/down arrows; definitely some pinging activity. @AEIOU9 , I think your battery is OK.

Thanks twister6, I ran another benchmark and this go around is performing much better. The DX220 lost 4% in charge over 8 hours while the N6II lost only 3% over 8 hours. Extrapolating the N6II drain out to 12 hours gives a much more acceptable result than my overnight test last night. I'll give it a reboot and do another overnight test tonight.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #792 of 8,192
Thanks twister6, I ran another benchmark and this go around is performing much better. The DX220 lost 4% in charge over 8 hours while the N6II lost only 3% over 8 hours. Extrapolating the N6II drain out to 12 hours gives a much more acceptable result than my overnight test last night. I'll give it a reboot and do another overnight test tonight.

Another thing, and I personally do it with all the DAPs, I keep wifi/BT on only when I need to use it. Otherwise, it's always off because sometimes I forget to turn off Android DAPs.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #794 of 8,192
I have to say this was the main reason I did NOT buy a Cayin n5 or n5ii to replace my ONKYO DP-X1. I read through both the 5n & 5nii threads and was really disappointed with Cayin's blatant abandonment of their past products & clientele
Actually yeah, I bought the N5II when it came out, and it was the worst device I ever had - super laggy. It stuttered, was slow, produced static noises etc. I returned it. I hope N6II is not like that!

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #795 of 8,192
Actually yeah, I bought the N5II when it came out, and it was the worst device I ever had - super laggy. It stuttered, was slow, produced static noises etc. I returned it. I hope N6II is not like that!
I demoed it and well It sounded ok but I didnt buy it cause I had better more expensive set ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back