Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 24, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #4,877 of 8,192
Does your n6ii also loose battery life while completely turned off ? I charged it to 100% turned it off over the weekend , started it today and got 84% left ...

Nope. I always charge it while it’s off, and 2-3 days later when I turn it on, it’s still 100%.

Aug 24, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #4,879 of 8,192
Over one night/day it doesn’t loose anything. If over a weekend it might loose say 2%. One thing I always do though is take the cable jack out of the port. This seems to lead to less drain on the battery.
There was nothin plugged . Charged on Friday . Stored in my desk , turned off . Yeah over night / one day also don’t loose any power . Was the first time that I could not use it for 3 days

Aug 24, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #4,880 of 8,192
Im on the fence about buying one of these but the battery/power MGMT is what is stopping me. Can anyone else chime in about power consumption when turned off?

I never turn my N6ii off. However, I do always unplug the headphones from it and exit all apps when I know I won’t be using it for a while. With the headphones unplugged the battery charge lasts for days and days! My estimate is around a full week at least.

Aug 24, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #4,881 of 8,192
I never turn my N6ii off. However, I do always unplug the headphones from it and exit all apps when I know I won’t be using it for a while. With the headphones unplugged the battery charge lasts for days and days! My estimate is around a full week at least.
You don’t really listen much eh ?

Aug 24, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #4,882 of 8,192
Does your n6ii also loose battery life while completely turned off ? I charged it to 100% turned it off over the weekend , started it today and got 84% left ...

There was nothin plugged . Charged on Friday . Stored in my desk , turned off . Yeah over night / one day also don’t loose any power . Was the first time that I could not use it for 3 days

The first thing come to my mind is the battery estimation is not accurate. Lithium battery installed in N6ii does not have memory effect, it does has what we called inaccurate gauge issue, and this is a common problem to Lithium battery based appliance. If you run into inaccurate battery reading, or in the worst case, sudden power off when the battery reading indicated there should have over 10% battery, I suggest you do a gauge calibration to verify the problem. In fact this is something that we all should be doing occasionally. Take a look at THIS link, it explains "what" and "how" to calibrate a Lithium battery in great detail.

If you have run into the situation again after you calibrated your battery gauge, then the worst case scenario is hardware failure. For example, a capacitor cannot hold its charge during power, hence losing certain amount of battery. I sure hope this is not the case, so please calibrate the battery gauge first, if problem remains, then PM me and we need to perform some vigorous test on your player.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 25, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #4,883 of 8,192
Looks like we have very different opinion regarding the background noise of E02 and Solaris, so the remaining factor is music content and personal sensitive level to background noise?

I always hold the opinion that even when you can hear small amount of hiss, it won't necessarily interrupt your musical experience. Sounds good is a lot more important to me than completely silent. For instance, E02 hiss more than E01 with my Andromeda, in my ear, with my music, but I prefer E02 over E01. I am not particularly sensitive to background noise, I only trained myself to find the noise when I have to (part of my work).

By the way, @Rockwell75 PAW 6000 and N6ii(E01) both consider hiss-free with your Solaris?

Yes I got more hiss from the P6K with than with E01. With E01 it's barely noticeable. E01 is my favorite source for Solaris-- am thinking of upgrading to the E02. Is E02 an improvement over E01 with Andromeda/Solaris in your opinion?

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #4,884 of 8,192
The first thing come to my mind is the battery estimation is not accurate. Lithium battery installed in N6ii does not have memory effect, it does has what we called inaccurate gauge issue, and this is a common problem to Lithium battery based appliance. If you run into inaccurate battery reading, or in the worst case, sudden power off when the battery reading indicated there should have over 10% battery, I suggest you do a gauge calibration to verify the problem. In fact this is something that we all should be doing occasionally. Take a look at THIS link, it explains "what" and "how" to calibrate a Lithium battery in great detail.

If you have run into the situation again after you calibrated your battery gauge, then the worst case scenario is hardware failure. For example, a capacitor cannot hold its charge during power, hence losing certain amount of battery. I sure hope this is not the case, so please calibrate the battery gauge first, if problem remains, then PM me and we need to perform some vigorous test on your player.
sure i try that :)

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #4,885 of 8,192
Yes I got more hiss from the P6K with than with E01. With E01 it's barely noticeable. E01 is my favorite source for Solaris-- am thinking of upgrading to the E02. Is E02 an improvement over E01 with Andromeda/Solaris in your opinion?

That really depends on material, 70% of my daily listening are vocal based, so E01 fit my bill, but when I bring the setup to a audiophile meeting, I'll change to E02 instead.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 25, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #4,886 of 8,192
As you have seen from my posts, I too was very hesitant on buying the E02. I finally took the plunge though and I’m happy that I did. I know what it’s like with a blind buy and the fact that there is nowhere to listen to these things first is really annoying.

Whether it is worth getting the E02 depends on what type of sound you are after. If I was to give the basic feel of each board I would say that the A01 is warm, smooth, laid back with a more intimate sound stage. Whereas the E02 is more crisp, more detailed, a bit brighter and with what feels like an increased sound stage.

There could also be an element of synergy with IEMs and cable as well. I’m currently trying different combinations. Today I was using the 64a Trio and the PW No.5, and although the sound was crisp and clear, I just wasn’t feeling the love like I did when I paired the E02 with the Legend X and the Thor Silver II+ cable. Together the LX, Thor and E02 seemed to make the music come alive. In all seriousness it is the best I’ve heard things since I first bought the N6ii. I am going to try the Trio with the Thor next on E02 and see how that sounds.

Overall though I think the E02 was a good purchase. I bought mine from Audio Concierge and it took about 4 days to be delivered.

Thanks for the reply the other day - appreciated.

I really can't make my mind up what board I want to take a punt on if I'm being totally honest and with the upgrade being c£350 here, I was thinking about just skipping these altogether and just getting the new N3 pro when it comes out, just to give the tube sound a listen, as this has 3 or 4 sound flavours to run with - seems a better value for money to my mind!?

Let's wait for a couple of the reviews to pop up and see what the opinions on the N3 pro are like first - interesting times.

Aug 25, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #4,890 of 8,192
How does T01 sound compared to E01?
i hadnt the most time with T01 yet , i go to night shift soon and will have 7h straight with it. But so far : i would say T01 has less warmth in the mids , a overall more "cold" or uncolored signature , a harder bass slam with T01 and a more crisp treble response . E02 has still the widest Soundstage of all .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back