Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 29, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #4,908 of 8,192
Something is not right? The 4.4mm of E02 is TRRRS, not TRRS.

1598642573511.png

This is interesting. So I guess the Beyer balanced cable won't work. It's this one here:

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/audiophile-connection-cable-balanced-1-40-m.html

It's terminated in a 2.5mm plug so would need an adapter anyway. Is the E02 socket a Sony Pentaconn compatible one? I'll email Beyer about their balanced cable as it does look to be wired completely differently to the diagram that you posted.

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #4,909 of 8,192
This is interesting. So I guess the Beyer balanced cable won't work. It's this one here:

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/audiophile-connection-cable-balanced-1-40-m.html

It's terminated in a 2.5mm plug so would need an adapter anyway. Is the E02 socket a Sony Pentaconn compatible one? I'll email Beyer about their balanced cable as it does look to be wired completely differently to the diagram that you posted.

We follows the 4.4mm specification as defined by JEITA(Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association). Sony DAPs supports the same definition except some of their DAPs don't have the the Ground pin connected.

If this is a 2.5mm Balanced, that it makes sense, Our earlier DAPs (N5, i5, N5ii, N5iiS) supported 2.5mm balanced but we changed to 4.4mm since N8. We make adapter for 2.5mm headphones, you can ask your Cayin dealer whether they have THIS adapter in stock.

IMHO, 2.5mm is fairly fragile when compare to 4.4mm, and with full size headphones and cables that are much thicker (and heavier) then IEM cables, 4.4mm balanced connectors probably works better with your Bayer headphone. Maybe you can ask Beyer whether they has a 4.4mm headphone cable for their T5PGen2.

1598693955262.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #4,910 of 8,192
We make adapter for 2.5mm headphones, you can ask your Cayin dealer whether they have THIS adapter in stock.

Isn’t that the same adapter that is included in the box with the N6ii?

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #4,911 of 8,192
Isn’t that the same adapter that is included in the box with the N6ii?

Yes, it was included in the N6ii package. I forgot about that completely. :beerchug:

Aug 29, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #4,913 of 8,192
I also forgot about this. Unfortunately I cannot find the box for my Cayin N6ii. It is somewhere in the house but I've spent 30 minutes trying to find it, without luck!
Keep looking, it will save you some cash on getting a new adapter 😃

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #4,915 of 8,192
Finally found it!

32mC8Zi.jpg

Now all I need is a good deal on an E02 board in the UK.
That adapter surpasses many I’ve tried, unbelievable quality, Cayin does everything excellent... still it annoys me that they cannot implement an auto turn off feature (yes yes yes i know, its been asked before... yet the Hiby r6 pro has the option and it works) you guys excel at your job, you can find out how to, i find turning off a couple of android services off not only does it make a huge battery life change (android market all permissions on and its secondary app), it kinda makes the unit work smoother

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #4,916 of 8,192
That adapter surpasses many I’ve tried, unbelievable quality, Cayin does everything excellent... still it annoys me that they cannot implement an auto turn off feature (yes yes yes i know, its been asked before... yet the Hiby r6 pro has the option and it works, you guys excel at your job, you can find out how to, i find turning off a couple of android services off not only does it make a huge battery life change (android market all permissions on and its secondary app), it kinda makes the unit work smoother

Which Apps are you turning off?

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #4,917 of 8,192
Since the cat's out of the bag, I might as well provide a bit more information. :beerchug:

The A02 will be a line out and pre-out Audio Motherboard, no headphone output. A high quality desktop-grade line out is straightforward, we done that many times in DAPs, the pre-out is the innovation. The A02 will allow you to use the N6ii as source to a lot of analogue power amplifiers. You can use the line out to connect the N6ii to integrated amplifier and headphone amplifier, or use the pre-out to connect the N6ii to active speakers or power amp. of speaker based audio system. Since the input impedance of solid state and vacuum tube amplifiers varied significantly, we decided to extend the R&D by 1 month to conduct more tests, to make sure the pre-out can work with a larger variety of power amplifier satisfactory. Our tentative schedule was to launch the A02 on August 2020, but now you need to wait till September.
This is something I’ve been looking forward to - thanks for taking the time to make it right!

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #4,918 of 8,192
xP4hdye.jpg

N6ii adds MQA decoder in the next firmware update

After months of cooperation with MQA, we can now announce that MQA will come to N6ii with the next firmware.

You can find our official Press Release on our official website.

All four existed Audio Motherboards will support MQA decoding, while A01, E01, and E02 will support 8x MQA decoding, T01 will support 4x MQA due to the limitation of PCM1792A DAC chipset.

The new firmware will be available ASAP, please stay tuned for the update.

Last edited:

Aug 31, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #4,919 of 8,192
Which Apps are you turning off?
Calendar, Clock, printing services, pinyin keyboard, enable all permissions on google play store and google play services (this worked for the hiby r6 pro, it had a severe battery problem, the app was draining it, i found it helps in any android dap)
xP4hdye.jpg

After months of cooperation with MQA, we can now announce that MQA will come to N6ii with the next firmware.

All four existed Audio Motherboards will support MQA decoding, while A01, E01, and E02 will support 8x MQA decoding, T01 will support 4x MQA due to the limitation of PCM1792A DAC chipset.

Hooooooooollyyyy ! That’s awesome ! ! !

Aug 31, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #4,920 of 8,192
xP4hdye.jpg

Finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back