Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 13, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #4,052 of 8,215
I'm sure I've read somewhere that the E02 needs several minutes to warm up before it delivers optimum sound quality.

5-10 minutes, depends on the playback setting and room temperature. This is typical for fully discrete amplifier, more so you using speaker amplifier but normally will require longer time to warm up. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 13, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #4,053 of 8,215
Ohh, pay, then what do you think will be a better balanced portable tube amp than ba300s. And then which one will be a better portable balanced than ma-1b? Please help me with some good options brother.

Regards,
Vishy

There wasn't a lot of choice right now. Hum ma-1b is a very "portable" option. Romi Audio RA200AMP+ is another choice, it is bigger then ma-1b, but rated at 3000mW @40ohm. I can't find any English coverage on this amp, if you don't mind, you can go through its specification HERE. Interesting that both amp come form Hong Kong.

If you have a deep pocket, Mass-Kobo 428 is probably the benchmark for fully balanced portable headphone right now.

Cayin is working on a fully balanced portable headphone amplifier, but we don't have an official launch date right now, Given the delays caused by the coronavirus globally, we have to wait patiently. :scream:

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #4,054 of 8,215
There wasn't a lot of choice right now. Hum ma-1b is a very "portable" option. Romi Audio RA200AMP+ is another choice, it is bigger then ma-1b, but rated at 3000mW @40ohm. I can't find any English coverage on this amp, if you don't mind, you can go through its specification HERE. Interesting that both amp come form Hong Kong.

If you have a deep pocket, Mass-Kobo 428 is probably the benchmark for fully balanced portable headphone right now.

Cayin is working on a fully balanced portable headphone amplifier, but we don't have an official launch date right now, Given the delays caused by the coronavirus globally, we have to wait patiently. :scream:
I had the Mass Kobo , yes its a nice amp.

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #4,055 of 8,215
Some additional info: there is a weird bug that causes e02 stop outputting sound when you plug in the headphone, but it can be resolved by plug in the headphone again. In my case it happens 1/10 times.

The 4.4 socket on e02 is tighter than the t01, seems built with better quality.

E02 runs much cooler than t01. There is no worries for overheating with e02.

Battery life seems improved as well.

The bug is caused by a false negative detection when you plug the 4.4 headphone connector into E02 too quickly. Thats' why it only happened infrequently (1 out of 10 times as you have experienced). We are working on a solution right now, I believe our staff have contacted you already, making sure you'll be informed and followed up when we solved the problem. :beerchug:

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #4,056 of 8,215
A sound quality comparison between E01 in Class A mode vs E02 in Class AB mode would be interesting.

Hmm, why not AB vs AB?

Well, why not using 2-3 earphones with different design (and probably different sensitivity), and then compare E01 (A) vs E01 (AB) vs E02? The fair game is not compare Class AB of E01 vs Class AB of E02, but the best result of E01 vs best result of E02. :ksc75smile:

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #4,057 of 8,215
Hmm I have been getting quite a bit less with E01; I also found it doesn't go loud enough when used with my Utopias.

The E01 is OK with Focal Clear and Stella, but the Utopia is rated at 80ohm, it is indeed a little bit beyond the reach of E01. :o2smile:

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #4,058 of 8,215
How do you close apps on the Cayin N6ii? The Cayin Music app always seems to be running, as does UAPP, TIDAL and Qobuz. Ive tried doing a 'Clear all' but that doesn't seem to help. I want them to be closed (i.e. quit and not running) when I'm not using them.

@jmills8 Unfortunately that doesn't completely close the apps. I tried that, locked the screen (pushed volume control), unlocked (pushed volume control in again) and the Cayin Music app was still there ready to play the last song that I was listening to. However, specifically for the Cayin Music app, I have found one way: tap the gear icon in the top-left of the Cayin Music app and the select Exit and OK. That completely shuts down the Cayin Music app.

Taz777 is corrected. The Cayin Music App and Hiby Music App are both SYSTEM level application, they can only be closed by the EXIT command in the Music App menu as he described. Other user installed applications can be closed through the Recent App List.

N6ii Turn off System App.jpg

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #4,059 of 8,215

Thanks a lot for these recommendations @Andykong , those are some very powerful amps, but I guess the RA200 amp+ seems to be the only one that fits the budget! But the power numbers look too good to be true sir. Have you heard these, how good are they compared to hum ma-1b, and in which aspects? And are these that powerful as stated? Those numbers look unreal for something which doesn't look that big!!!

Please let me know your opinions as it would help me zero in on an amp for the E02 module! TIA.

Cheers,
Vishy

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #4,060 of 8,215
Taz777 is corrected. The Cayin Music App and Hiby Music App are both SYSTEM level application, they can only be closed by the EXIT command in the Music App menu as he described. Other user installed applications can be closed through the Recent App List.

N6ii Turn off System App.jpg

Thanks for confirming, @Andykong. I'm happy with closing down the Cayin Music amd HiBy Music apps from within those apps. I prefer to only have one app running at a time - it's just a strange OCD that I have!

Apr 14, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #4,063 of 8,215
Just got my E02 and I shall let it burn in for a while for more detailed audition. First impression that it is more neutral than T01 with higher resolution, and better extension of both treble and bass.

With my preliminary opinion, E02 is easily my favourite comparing to A01 and T01, all on balanced out. Besides, the difference before the 10 mins burn in is very substantial, in term of overall smoothness and tonality.

Attachments

• 20200414_154921.jpg
    20200414_154921.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #4,064 of 8,215
Just got my E02 and I shall let it burn in for a while for more detailed audition. First impression that it is more neutral than T01 with higher resolution, and better extension of both treble and bass.

With my preliminary opinion, E02 is easily my favourite comparing to A01 and T01, all on balanced out. Besides, the difference before the 10 mins burn in is very substantial, in term of overall smoothness and tonality.

Awesome, can you also share your comparisons with E01 AB mode?

Regards,
Vishy

Apr 14, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #4,065 of 8,215

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back