Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
May 18, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #5,611 of 6,262
Amplifier is nothing without good speaker

You can not put it in your pocket. Portability is the key.

Of course my tube amp is not portable:). It is for when i lie back in my recliner listening through some really good full size high impedence headphones such as my Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, my Sennheiser HD580, my AKG K702, my Fostex th500rp planars etc, I have to get music to the amp so I use a good dap with line out such as the N3. That tube amp is not connected to my PC. With my PC I use Foobar2000 usb to a nice solid state dac/ headphone amp.

If I want portability I use Iems, buds, or low impedence headphones straight out of a dap. I tend to use my Cayin the most. I do not carry or even own a smartphone. I have no need to. I hate phones...they interrupt music!

For apps I have tablets that I use on the home wifi network.

May 18, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #5,612 of 6,262
Does this mean you get to use less peat, to heat your cottage? :thinking: :wink: :smiley:

Well it is a cozy listening corner. No cottage though. End of terrace Victorian house. A small house.

May 18, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #5,613 of 6,262
Of course my tube amp is not portable:). It is for when i lie back in my recliner listening through some really good full size high impedence headphones such as my Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, my Sennheiser HD580, my AKG K702, my Fostex th500rp planars etc, I have to get music to the amp so I use a good dap with line out such as the N3. That tube amp is not connected to my PC. With my PC I use Foobar2000 usb to a nice solid state dac/ headphone amp.

If I want portability I use Iems, buds, or low impedence headphones straight out of a dap. I tend to use my Cayin the most. I do not carry or even own a smartphone. I have no need to. I hate phones...they interrupt music!

For apps I have tablets that I use on the home wifi network.

I use the USB out for charging only. I insert the TF card directly to PC to copy music.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #5,614 of 6,262
I use the USB out for charging only. I insert the TF card directly to PC to copy music.

Maybe I was unclear. I also use USB for charging only. For Line Out to my tube amp I change the Cayin to Line Out in the settings and then use the headphone jack on the Cayin to the RCA inputs on the tube amp using a 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable.

May 18, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #5,615 of 6,262
You can not put it in your pocket. Portability is the key.
But you can put this in your pocket??

images

May 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #5,616 of 6,262
I had put up an description to remove and install the back panel of N3 previously.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-297#post-13789042

If you need warranty and repair service, please email service@cayin.cn, its on my signature.

I hope your unit will recover soon, please keep up informed.

Thank you for responding to my question. I've looked at your comment and now I have another question for you. What is the proper way of placing it back together once it's been opened? Would I have to close it from the top, then sides, and finally the bottom? I've held off from opening it again as I want to make sure I have the correct procedure. The back of my device is closed but the side where the sd card resides is slightly loose (by slightly loose, I mean if I were to firmly press on that side gently it does not feel as secure as the other side).

By the way, the device is functional now, I just needed to press on the reset button after closing it and then I could turn it on. I'm starting to use the Hybi app on my phone as a way to listen to my device when I'm working out instead of using the cayin itself, I'm finding that I'm less likely to drop it now.

I suggest you perform a surface scan on the TF card to test if there are any bad sector or list clusters. Alternatively, copy all your files to computer, format the TF card and copy the files back to the TF card again.

I had the same problem except mine occurs typically if I either drop it or sometimes even by placing it down lightly enough somewhere.

May 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #5,617 of 6,262
Finally got round to getting me a new USB-C cable, an Anker Powerline+. It's great, a very nifty bright red braided cable and with a carry pouch; so thanks to all for the recommendation. The cable that came with the N3 still charges okay, so it now lives in the car just for re-charging purposes.

Also, I've just bought an ex-demo pair of Meze 12 Classics on ebay for only £33. The reviews are generally good so I'm really looking forward to them and burning them in. I'm hoping/expecting them to be a marked improvement on my Sennheiser earbuds.

May 22, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #5,618 of 6,262
haii everyone, i would like to ask you oppinion about custom skins i made from left over Fiio X1 vinyl. what you peps think?
IMG_20180517_010946.jpg IMG_20180517_011018.jpg IMG_20180517_011032.jpg IMG_20180517_011049.jpg IMG_20180517_011140.jpg

May 23, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #5,623 of 6,262
Dear all, we will move to a new office and we shall be out of reach from Thursday (24th, May) onward. We shall resume duty as soon as our computer network is reinstalled, hopefully I'll be able to catch up by Monday (28th, May).

Will you have a nicer office?

May 26, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #5,625 of 6,262
Hi everyone, just bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless Over Ear but I wasn' t able to pair it with my N3...anyone tried?
I did reset the N3 but still doesn't connect
The N3 has installed the latest firmware 3.0.
The headphones are fine and connected immediately with my phone Samsung S8 and Asus gaming laptop.

From Sennheiser website:
senn1.jpg

EtX8

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back