Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Jul 1, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #6,256 of 6,262
Anybody try swapping out the battery on a N3? Mine is beginning to run down pretty quickly (or quicker than I remembered...) and I saw that someone is selling a alleged replacement battery on Aliexpress. Anybody try doing this repair?
@Andykong, I have sent you a PM regarding N3 battery replacement, which you may have missed because until now you haven't answered it. My problem is the same as that of duetta.

You've mentioned elsewhere in this thread that air safety laws prohibit sending a bare N3 lithium battery. In the event that I could get my hands on a replacement battery with the same exact specs, could you or Cayin please send us instructions on how to properly replace the N3's battery?

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #6,257 of 6,262
@Andykong, I have sent you a PM regarding N3 battery replacement, which you may have missed because until now you haven't answered it. My problem is the same as that of duetta.

You've mentioned elsewhere in this thread that air safety laws prohibit sending a bare N3 lithium battery. In the event that I could get my hands on a replacement battery with the same exact specs, could you or Cayin please send us instructions on how to properly replace the N3's battery?
Send email here john@cayin.cn. He responds quickly

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #6,258 of 6,262
Anybody try swapping out the battery on a N3? Mine is beginning to run down pretty quickly (or quicker than I remembered...) and I saw that someone is selling a alleged replacement battery on Aliexpress. Anybody try doing this repair?

Someone had opened up the N3 in this thread (back in mid 2017), and this is one of the photo that showed the battery installation.

If you can secure a replacement or compatible battery, its not a difficult job to replace the battery. If you are uncomfortable of doing it yourself, present this photo to your local mobile phone repair technician and they should be able to handle it for you. I have also provided a detail instruction to take of the back panel of N3 previously (HERE), that should help you or your technician to get started.

9958967.jpg

=

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #6,259 of 6,262
Someone had opened up the N3 in this thread (back in mid 2017), and this is one of the photo that showed the battery installation.

If you can secure a replacement or compatible battery, its not a difficult job to replace the battery. If you are uncomfortable of doing it yourself, present this photo to your local mobile phone repair technician and they should be able to handle it for you. I have also provided a detail instruction to take of the back panel of N3 previously (HERE), that should help you or your technician to get started.

9958967.jpg

=
Thank you so much! And reading that thread you linked, I think I would need plastic spatulas to pry the back open instead of metal ones. That is, if I manage to get hold of a proper replacement battery.

Oct 11, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #6,260 of 6,262
Hi Folks. I am new to this thread. I recently got an old unit of Cayin N3 and it still sounds amazing, and it's a great thing that it supports both Analog and Digital Line out.
Out of curiosity, I tried to connect a USB Dongle DAC (Questyle M15) with the N3, from the USB C Port, and I realize I cannot control the volume on N3 anymore and it runs on full volume which is not ideal.
Does anyone know if this is possible, or am I doing anything wrong? Basically I am trying to use N3 as a source here and since M15 doesn't have any volume control, can I use the volume control on N3 anyway?
P.S. - Firmware on N3 is V3.1 which I believe is latest.

Thanks in Advance

@CayinSupport @Cayin

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #6,261 of 6,262
Hi Folks. I am new to this thread. I recently got an old unit of Cayin N3 and it still sounds amazing, and it's a great thing that it supports both Analog and Digital Line out.
Out of curiosity, I tried to connect a USB Dongle DAC (Questyle M15) with the N3, from the USB C Port, and I realize I cannot control the volume on N3 anymore and it runs on full volume which is not ideal.
Does anyone know if this is possible, or am I doing anything wrong? Basically I am trying to use N3 as a source here and since M15 doesn't have any volume control, can I use the volume control on N3 anyway?
P.S. - Firmware on N3 is V3.1 which I believe is latest.

Thanks in Advance

@CayinSupport @Cayin
Unfortunately you have nothing to do, you need a DAC/Amp or dongle with volume control

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #6,262 of 6,262
Unfortunately you have nothing to do, you need a DAC/Amp or dongle with volume control
Ah, damn! I figured as much, but thought of checking anyway if at all there was a way to achieve this. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back