Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Aug 30, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #6,242 of 6,262
Need help
Trying to connect N3 with chord mojo with usbc coax cable
When playing a song on N3, Getting very high levels of output from headphones connected to mojo. Such a high sound output can surely destroy headphones as well as eardrums. Is something need to be done within the N3 settings?

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #6,243 of 6,262
Need help
When playing a song on N3, Getting very high levels of output from headphones connected to mojo. Such a high sound output can surely destroy headphones as well as eardrums. Is something need to be done within the N3 settings?
No volume control on N3 from usb.

Aug 30, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #6,244 of 6,262
Need help

When you connect N3 to Mojo in coaxial, N3 acts as the source and output the original bitstream. you have bypassed the DAC and headphone amp circuit inside N3 and therefore no volume control. You should control the volume on the Mojo instead, which function as DAC/Amp.

When you said very high sound output, so what are you comparing to? Before you listen to N3 as your source, what was the source of your mojo? your mobile phone connect to USB input of Mojo?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 31, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #6,245 of 6,262
Andy
any idea when the N3 Pro will be available in the US?

Aug 31, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #6,246 of 6,262
When you connect N3 to Mojo in coaxial, N3 acts as the source and output the original bitstream. you have bypassed the DAC and headphone amp circuit inside N3 and therefore no volume control. You should control the volume on the Mojo instead, which function as DAC/Amp.

When you said very high sound output, so what are you comparing to? Before you listen to N3 as your source, what was the source of your mojo? your mobile phone connect to USB input of Mojo?
First i connected N3 as source. output level from mojo was too high.
Then connected to my android phone using USB C to USB A cable. Everything was ok.
I read somehere that mojo needs DoP signal via USB C Coax cable. I think N3 S/PDIF setting needs to be on DoP .
Earlier i used D2P setting.
Will try and report.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #6,247 of 6,262
First i connected N3 as source. output level from mojo was too high.
Then connected to my android phone using USB C to USB A cable. Everything was ok.
I read somehere that mojo needs DoP signal via USB C Coax cable. I think N3 S/PDIF setting needs to be on DoP .
Earlier i used D2P setting.
Will try and report.
What gain setting are you using for your N3? Low, medium or high? Try changing the gain setting to Low and see if it solves the problem.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #6,248 of 6,262
Anybody try swapping out the battery on a N3? Mine is beginning to run down pretty quickly (or quicker than I remembered...) and I saw that someone is selling a alleged replacement battery on Aliexpress. Anybody try doing this repair?

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #6,249 of 6,262
I have an intermittent left channel cut out in the headphone jack and the rewind button sometimes acts up as well. Is there a way to get these repaired? I'm assuming my warranty is out of date (I've owned it for 2 years).

TIA

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #6,250 of 6,262
@Andykong Does John from Caiyn take over service emails? I sent him an email and I wrote that I want to buy a motherboard for my N3 with USB problems and the jack plug

Attachments

• IMG-20210629-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20210629-WA0002.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #6,251 of 6,262
@Andykong Does John from Caiyn take over service emails? I sent him an email and I wrote that I want to buy a motherboard for my N3 with USB problems and the jack plug

If you have channelled your request to service@cayin.cn already, that's the appropriate route for your request. There are several staff reading and responding through service@cayin.cn, depends on the product involved and nature of the problem.

But like trying to replace the main PCB of your old mobile phone, the cost of the PCB will likely exceed the market value of your mobile phone. That's how it works out in the consumer electronic industries.

Last edited:

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #6,252 of 6,262
I have an intermittent left channel cut out in the headphone jack and the rewind button sometimes acts up as well. Is there a way to get these repaired? I'm assuming my warranty is out of date (I've owned it for 2 years).

TIA

If you want to submit your N3 for repair, you should go through your local dealer even when the DAP is out of warranty, the dealer are more familiar with the tax documentation for sending electronics in and out of China. If you do that yourselves, a simple mistake might cause hefty tax consequence like 20% of the ORIGINAL retail price. If your dealer is no longer available due to various reason, you can email service@cayin.cn for detail instruction.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #6,253 of 6,262
I'd just buy a used one. Not worth repairing like Andy said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back