Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #4,441 of 6,262
Cool. Got one of these: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B012PMD336 (except the USB C version). Works pretty good, just not too thrilled about having it sticking straight out.
If I could find something like this in USB C https://www.amazon.ca/LEEF-iAccess-iOS-Micro-LIACMWK000E1

That second link will not work for me.

I bought this one because I thought it would be less stressfull on the usb connector. It is the one shown in the photo that I posted earlier. I like it because I can plug any usb card reader or flash drive into it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FM51812/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #4,442 of 6,262
That second link will not work for me.

I bought this one because I thought it would be less stressfull on the usb connector. It is the one shown in the photo that I posted earlier. I like it because I can plug any usb card reader or flash drive into it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FM51812/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Turns out those were some weird referrer links. Anyhow its one of those lightning adapters that bend around 180º, sit nice and flush with the back of the iphone/ipad.
The problem I have with the adapters like you posted is how long the C plug is. With my luck I'd snap it off. I should just order one of those SD ribbon cable adapters that'll let you use a full size sd card in the msd slot. The comments I've read is that they work well and don't drain the battery like OTG.

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #4,443 of 6,262
Someone asked if they can remove the back panel so that he can rescue his N3 few days ago. I have asked the factory to send me a piece of back panel and take some photo for reference.

WARNING: You might lost your warranty if you attempt to modify, repair or replace any components inside N3 without proper training and/or authorization.

First of all, let's take a look at the locking mechanism of the N3.
N3 Back Panel.jpg
The two "retention clips" at the bottom of the rear panel (green outlined) are the two locks that you should release them before anything else, you can then unlock the retention clips on both sides gradually, you'll reach the two "holders"on the top finally, they are fragile, so please be very caution when you approach that.

This is a close up on the access hole to unlock the back panel.

N3 Rear Panel 01.jpg

Stick a pin into these hole, push it gently to release the lock.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 17, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #4,444 of 6,262
Someone asked if they can remove the back panel so that he can rescue his N3 few days ago. I have asked the factory to send me a piece of back panel and take some photo for reference.

WARNING: You might lost your warranty if you attempt to modify, repair or replace any components inside N3 without proper training and/or authorization.

First of all, let's take a look at the locking mechanism of the N3.

The two "holders" at the bottom of the rear panel (green outlined) are the two locks that you should release them before anything else, you can then slide it gradually, there is another two "holders"on the top, they are fragile, so please be very caution when you approach that.

This is a close up on the access hole to unlock the back panel.

Stick a pin into these hole, push it gently to release the lock.

Cool. Thanks for that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #4,446 of 6,262
A few minutes ago from typing this post, I tried to connect my Cayin N3 to my PC. I had stepped away from my PC but I noticed that the screen had gone completely black. I ended up pressing the reset button and that seemed to of resolved the problem. Anyone else experience this before?

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #4,448 of 6,262
A few minutes ago from typing this post, I tried to connect my Cayin N3 to my PC. I had stepped away from my PC but I noticed that the screen had gone completely black. I ended up pressing the reset button and that seemed to of resolved the problem. Anyone else experience this before?

I just connected my N3 to my PC with USB & DAC modes and I kept not touching my PC(window 7 64bit) for 10 minutes.My N3's screen went black in 30s (because I set my N3 backlingt time to 30s before) and its indicators still kept flashing but my PC's screen stays always-on.When I clicked on N3's capactive or power button,its screen went on again. Do you mean N3's screen or PC's screen went off when you stepped away? If it is PC, I guess it is maybe your PC settings and you may contact its support.But if it is N3, you can change its backlight time to always-on in system settings to have a try.If it is still unresolvable, please providing more details like FW, N3's mode,PC version etc for us to reproduce your problem. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #4,451 of 6,262
Yes, and as well as switching from DAC to USB mode. Fatal error, blue screen, then Windows collected memory dump and, don't exactly remember, either the PC turned off itself or I shut it down by pressing power button. Windows 7 Pro x64, HP EliteBook 8560p, Cayin 1.2. I suspect this might be the cable, as quite a few users complained about it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #4,452 of 6,262
Yes, and as well as switching from DAC to USB mode. Fatal error, blue screen, then Windows collected memory dump and, don't exactly remember, either the PC turned off itself or I shut it down by pressing power button. Windows 7 Pro x64, HP EliteBook 8560p, Cayin 1.2. I suspect this might be the cable, as quite a few users complained about it.

Hi MajesticSquirrel & MPNow,

I indeed perform several tests regarding this problem today and unluckily couldn't reproduce your problem.In this case, would you mind recording an video about this problem and sending to community@cayin.cn so that I can better analyse it and find a solution for you?

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #4,454 of 6,262
Hi,
recently I have a problem with my N3. I hold the power bottom but it wont start. I have to try it couple of times till it start working. .
Any one has the same issue? is it a software problem or the bottom is ruined? I bought the device a month ago so it is still new.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #4,455 of 6,262
Hi,
recently I have a problem with my N3. I hold the power bottom but it wont start. I have to try it couple of times till it start working. .
Any one has the same issue? is it a software problem or the bottom is ruined? I bought the device a month ago so it is still new.

I had that issue and I finally exchanged it. All the buttons have been more responsive on the new one. My first one was cyan but I have the red one now. I wanted to make sure I did not get one from the same production run...just in case there was a faulty batch.

Earlier in this thread a few other people reported the same problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back