Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
May 28, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #5,627 of 6,262
Hi everyone, just bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless Over Ear but I wasn' t able to pair it with my N3...anyone tried?
I did reset the N3 but still doesn't connect
The N3 has installed the latest firmware 3.0.
The headphones are fine and connected immediately with my phone Samsung S8 and Asus gaming laptop.

From Sennheiser website:
senn1.jpg

EtX8

This is a known issue. We have tested and confirmed that sennheiser deployed a special BT connection. If we accomendate ourself to their BT connection, it may cause other headphones cannot connect to our product by BT connection. So we need to add an independent part for sennheuser headphones, which we are still trying our best to develop.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 28, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #5,628 of 6,262
This is a known issue. We have tested and confirmed that sennheiser deployed a special BT connection. If we accomendate ourself to their BT connection, it may cause other headphones cannot connect to our product by BT connection. So we need to add an independent part for sennheuser headphones, which we are still trying our best to develop.
This just broke my heart :cry: I really liked the sound signature of this DAP.
Now I have to sell my N3 and get another DAP that works with my headphones, because with all the consideration towards Cayin the headphones matter more then any DAP.
Anyone in UK interested, I will sell it for £120. It still looks like new as it was very very well taken care of, just like all my "toys".
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173337664914?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Most likely I will go for the Hiby R6 or R3.

If I am breaking any rule by advertising a sell please let me know and I apologize in advance.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #5,629 of 6,262
Haha, we move to a smaller office,we just need to be more efficient when the rent goes up 30+% in 3 years time.

The price of living in a successful city

May 29, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #5,632 of 6,262
Hi everyone!
I'm a happy Cayin N3 user since last september, I been loving all the features and sound quality of this little guy, but recently I started noticing something quite strange, some loose part was inside the N3 every time I picked up or move it, I assumed is battery that got loose, but it doesn’t have much sense since I had never drop the N3 or something similar. Since I bought it from Aliexpress and I’m from México I’m sure that it’s going to be nearly impossible to apply for a warranty replacement or something so I’m thinking in open the N3 and check if some part that was holding the battery broke up or something. Does anybody experienced something like this before?
What do you recommend @CayinSupport ??

Thanks in advance

May 29, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #5,633 of 6,262
Hi everyone!
I'm a happy Cayin N3 user since last september, I been loving all the features and sound quality of this little guy, but recently I started noticing something quite strange, some loose part was inside the N3 every time I picked up or move it, I assumed is battery that got loose, but it doesn’t have much sense since I had never drop the N3 or something similar. Since I bought it from Aliexpress and I’m from México I’m sure that it’s going to be nearly impossible to apply for a warranty replacement or something so I’m thinking in open the N3 and check if some part that was holding the battery broke up or something. Does anybody experienced something like this before?

Thanks in advance

This is very wired. I never received similar feedback before.Right now, does it still work properly?

Last edited:

May 30, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #5,634 of 6,262
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance

Well since the first time i got the player, i can feel the battery is loose or something. But i thought it was normal, but guess not -.- well it doesnt affect the sound anyway, just little bit scared, that some day the batrry hit some parts of the cicuit and knock it off from the board or something, hopefulle it wont be the case

May 30, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #5,636 of 6,262
Well, looks I'm not the only one for the looks of the post before this one :triportsad:… My N3 still works properly as @hsilmi ‘s , but I’m afraid too that if I keep it in this state it will eventually hit some part an malfunctions

When and where did you buy it? If you use it by following user manual and don't drop it or hit it, normally this problem will never occur. hsilmi's issue indeed very wired.

May 30, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #5,637 of 6,262
When and where did you buy it? If you use it by following user manual and don't drop it or hit it, normally this problem will never occur. hsilmi's issue indeed very wired.

well to be honest mine is still working properly, by moderate using everyday, the moving parts inside barely noticeable. when i shaked it (vertical direction) bit harder, then you'll be notice it.
and when im trying Bluetooth connectiion to my ATH-ar5bt and Bose AE2 wireless, the connection is really bad. even just put the player in my pocket or just simple cover it with my hand, the connection getting worse or sometimes disconnect. Thats why i assumed that, because of the moving parts inside hitted bluetooth parts or something. any enlightment for me @svil3 ?

May 31, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #5,638 of 6,262
I have a question for @CayinSupport @Andykong

The pleather back of my beloved N3 is starting to get really beat up, and its even started to lift in one of the corners. Is it possible to replace it? And if so is it also possible to change it to the glass back as supplied in the special edition bundle?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #5,639 of 6,262
I have a question for @CayinSupport @Andykong

The pleather back of my beloved N3 is starting to get really beat up, and its even started to lift in one of the corners. Is it possible to replace it? And if so is it also possible to change it to the glass back as supplied in the special edition bundle?

Thanks in advance!

My pleather back is in the same condition, even though I mostly use it at work and it's always laying on a clean sheet of printer paper. :triportsad: I may have to break out a rattle-can of black paint.

May 31, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #5,640 of 6,262
My pleather back is in the same condition, even though I mostly use it at work and it's always laying on a clean sheet of printer paper. :triportsad: I may have to break out a rattle-can of black paint.
I share your pain. I always treat my gear with the upmost respect. It's a shame that it's wearing out. That's why I'd rather go the glass route if it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back