Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
May 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #5,597 of 6,262
anybody else having an issue with the N3 losing track of the TF card and having to rescan it ? Mine will be working fine one minute and not have a clue where the SD card is the next. I have to remove the card, reseat it and rescan the library before I can use the player. This hadn't been an issue until recently so not sure if it is a 3.0 firmware thing or a hardware issue.

May 15, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #5,598 of 6,262
anybody else having an issue with the N3 losing track of the TF card and having to rescan it ? Mine will be working fine one minute and not have a clue where the SD card is the next. I have to remove the card, reseat it and rescan the library before I can use the player. This hadn't been an issue until recently so not sure if it is a 3.0 firmware thing or a hardware issue.

Mine has been rock-solid for over a year, now.

May 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #5,599 of 6,262
we have 3 in the family and only one is exhibiting this - the oldest of the three (about 16 months).

May 15, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #5,600 of 6,262
May 15, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #5,601 of 6,262
May 15, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #5,603 of 6,262
I had the rescan problem once -- I tracked it down to a bad file (corrupt FLAC) that was on there, but otherwise it is a very trouble-free unit.

Good luck with the T2s -- they're nice enough, but I've never found them a very comfortable wear.

May 16, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #5,604 of 6,262

I suggest you perform a surface scan on the TF card to test if there are any bad sector or list clusters. Alternatively, copy all your files to computer, format the TF card and copy the files back to the TF card again.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 16, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #5,605 of 6,262
Will do, thanks

May 16, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #5,606 of 6,262
Hi,

I recently dropped my N3 as I was exiting out of my car and I discovered later on that part of the back became exposed. This is preventing it from turning on. I've tried to plug it in and I get a response from the buttons (they blink) but still no screen. I've tried to open it some more to close it but I'm still noticing that it's still partially opened. Is there a way to close this shut to prevent it from opening again while moved around? Also, I've tried not to open it all the way to prevent anything from coming undone. Does anyone know what could be causing the screen to stay black and not come on?

If I need to reach out to Cayin's technical support, what are my options? info@cayin.cn?

Update: I was able to get the device to turn back on again after hitting the reset button. However, I'm still having trouble getting the device to seal completely. I noticed that one corner had a form of sealant glue on it. What would you recommend I use to keep this sealed shut, super glue?

I had put up an description to remove and install the back panel of N3 previously.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-297#post-13789042

If you need warranty and repair service, please email service@cayin.cn, its on my signature.

I hope your unit will recover soon, please keep up informed.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 17, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #5,607 of 6,262
I read some said that Line Out is very bad. It depends on the analog implementation of the connected amplifier/speakers. Please use hi-fi amplifier/speaker and you won’t need external DAC because internal DAC is enough. Don’t waste your money to buy things that is already included. Cayin N3 DAC is there for you.

I use Apple Music iPad connect to Cayin N3 as Bluetooth DAC and then the Line Out connects to Onkyo A-9010 analog input. I compare to Airplay connect to the amplifier optical input. The result in my ear: Line Out is better because less noise.
After the comparison, if I want to play Hi-Res, I use HiBy Link with Line Out connect to the amplifier analog input.

Thanks Cayin for giving me an affordable DAP.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #5,608 of 6,262
I have used the Line Out setting with my Cayin N3 to my xDuoo ta-03 tube amp which sits on a little table next to my recliner sofa. Great results. I also use my Opus #1 for that but have no intention of attempting a comparison. Waiting for Hidizs to implement Line Out on the AP200 so I can use that with the tube amp as well.

41tdCywaGxL.jpg

May 17, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #5,609 of 6,262
I have used the Line Out setting with my Cayin N3 to my xDuoo ta-03 tube amp which sits on a little table next to my recliner sofa. Great results. I also use my Opus #1 for that but have no intention of attempting a comparison. Waiting for Hidizs to implement Line Out on the AP200 so I can use that with the tube amp as well.

41tdCywaGxL.jpg

Does this mean you get to use less peat, to heat your cottage? :thinking: :wink: :smiley:

May 18, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #5,610 of 6,262

41tdCywaGxL.jpg
Amplifier is nothing without good speaker

41tdCywaGxL.jpg
You can not put it in your pocket. Portability is the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back