Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 31, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #796 of 6,262
Mar 31, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #797 of 6,262

Dang it, now I can't remember if I chose the blue or the black
blink.gif

And why did I come into this room?

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #798 of 6,262
Mar 31, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #799 of 6,262
The N3 does sound better after a few days worth of use.  Bluetooth also sounds a lot better than it did from my phone.  

Is anyone else having issues with playlists.  I still cant get them to work using an imported playlist.

Sort of wish i got the cyan now much more metallic than it looked in the sales adverts.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #800 of 6,262
  The N3 does sound better after a few days worth of use.  Bluetooth also sounds a lot better than it did from my phone.  

Is anyone else having issues with playlists.  I still cant get them to work using an imported playlist.

Sort of wish i got the cyan now much more metallic than it looked in the sales adverts.

Oh oh, you got CYAN remorse.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #801 of 6,262
Hi all, 

I was about to buy the Fiio X1 ii but then i saw that there are several issues with it. Then i arrived on this thread and learned a bit about this Cayin N3. Now because of you, I want to buy the Cayin N3 ! It'll remplace my old iriver Spinn, which has only 8Go.

I have one question, where did you buy your Cayin N3 ? I live in France and there's no shop where i can buy it. Should i order it on Ebay and wait 2 weeks ? 

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #802 of 6,262
Yay, it has arrived.  'Course, I had to go to the post office to pick it up; apparently MusicTeck requires a signature (even though I have a locked steel package box). 

Anyway, it pairs with a Jam Rewind, if anyone was wondering.  Lol.

Fuzzy cell phone pic follows. 
L3000.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #803 of 6,262
When I am trying to change the startup volume it's always come back to 20. Is it a bug?

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #805 of 6,262
Sadly wont be able to get one RIGHT NOW. Hopefully in June or July. Perhaps in time for the new color Green or Gold. Enjoy Gals and Fellas. I anticipate some reviews by this weekend.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #806 of 6,262
We may need Andy to verify.

I hereby confirmed that the black works just as well as the cyan. :D

But I can't confirm the black sounds the same as cyan, I don't comment on subjective listening of my own product, you have to buy them all and AB compare yourself in order to find that out. :p

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 31, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #809 of 6,262

I don't typically use playlists, but I had a few M3u8 files that I created in MM for the X1-II. They play fine on the X1-II, but when I click on the file, the N3 just reboots. So, it's probably something in the formatting of the playlist that is read differently. I'll have to hand edit the file a few times and see if I can see the layout that works when I get some time.

Ah, wait...the same file works fine. Looks like there's a character somewhere that the N3 doesn't like and is causing the reboot. Here's how my playlist file is laid out:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:253,The Moody Blues - Tuesday Afternoon (Forever Afternoon)
..\Albums\Lossless\Moody Blues\1996. The Best of the Moody Blues\02. Tuesday Afternoon (Forever Afternoon) - The Moody Blues.flac
#EXTINF:241,Letters to Cleo - Laudanum
..\Albums\Lossless\Letters to Cleo\1995 08 01. Wholesale Meats and Fish [Lossless]\05. Laudanum - Letters to Cleo.flac
#EXTINF:210,Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
..\Albums\Lossless\Phil Collins\2016. The Singles\2302. Groovy Kind Of Love - Phil Collins.flac
#EXTINF:179,Billy Joel - Don't Ask Me Why (Album Version)
..\Albums\HDA\Billy Joel\2013. The Essential Billy Joel (24-96 HDA, Remaster)\116. Don't Ask Me Why (Album Version) - Billy Joel.flac
#EXTINF:328,Melissa Etheridge - I Want to Come Over
..\Albums\Lossless\Melissa Etheridge\11. I Want to Come Over - Melissa Etheridge.flac
#EXTINF:297,Edie Brickell - What I Am
..\Albums\Lossless\Edie Brickell\1988. Shooting Rubber Bands at the Stars\01. What I Am - Edie Brickell.flac
#EXTINF:201,Mary Chapin Carpenter - Passionate Kisses
..\Albums\Lossless\Mary Chapin Carpenter\1999 05 25. Party Doll and Other Favorites\06. Passionate Kisses - Mary Chapin Carpenter.flac
#EXTINF:188,Jimmy Buffett - Come Monday
..\Albums\Lossless\Jimmy Buffett\1992. Ballads\01. Come Monday - Jimmy Buffett.flac
#EXTINF:192,Sierra Hull - All Because of You
..\Albums\Lossless\Sierra Hull\2011. Daybreak\03. All Because of You - Sierra Hull.flac

If you're syncing via MediaMonkey, you set the playlist to M3U8 format, "Force Relative Paths", "Use Unicode (UTF-8)", and "Use Extended M3U". I set the destination for the playlist to \Playlists\ so that you don't clog the root directory with files.

In the playlist format, the ..\ before each track indicates to go up a directory. This playlist is stored in Root->Playlist, so it would go back up to Root, then down to \Albums.

The reboot I experience with the full playlist file (may) be related to the Unicode option. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #810 of 6,262

Let's say I purchased a Cyan cover from MusicTeck for my black one. Would some "color" to the sound signature? 
tongue.gif

If you want a clean black background, stick to your original purchase color 
tongue.gif

Got N3 today, and REALLY enjoying it!  Had it on burn in for about 5+ hours, sound really opens up.  Just had it paired up with my Note 4, what a treat being able to stream Spotify with N3 in my hand and my phone somewhere across the room, and not just streaming but being able to Play/Pause and Skip the tracks (N3 works great as a bluetooth wireless remote playback control), and of course change the volume.

This little guy is packed with features!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back