Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 31, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #766 of 6,262
  Yup, I'm waiting eagerly for Cayin to release one so that I can get it ordered. I hate silicone cases; makes everything feel cheap and crappy. Hell, my phones have clear acrylic cases that are made in China for $3. They're nicer than silicone junk.

Hint, hint...Andy! I'll be glad to beta a case for ya!

I wonder if they could make a TPU rubber case...it's different than silicone because it's smooth on the outside and doesn't attract lint and slides in your pocket easily. I'm sure you've seen them on smartphones.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #769 of 6,262
Waiting for hidizs ap60 vs cayin n3 review 
smile_phones.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #771 of 6,262
This is working nicely

Nice.
What cable are you using? Have a link?

I got this cable as a gift from Andy, I don't know where he got it.

I would also love a leather case. I either use leather or nothing, as the pic shows.

I will soon post the AP60/N3 comparative review.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #772 of 6,262
Got my 128GB card last night..so now fully operational.   

Noting that I come from an iPhone/iPad user interface (or iTunes to stereo system), question:  When in Genres, it looks like I just see songs, not the albums itself (making this feature ineffective).  How to I fix this so I can look at albums by genre?  

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #773 of 6,262
Mar 31, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #774 of 6,262
  Got my 128GB card last night..so now fully operational.   

Noting that I come from an iPhone/iPad user interface (or iTunes to stereo system), question:  When in Genres, it looks like I just see songs, not the albums itself (making this feature ineffective).  How to I fix this so I can look at albums by genre?  

That's why I prefer folder navigation: it puts the choice of organization in the hands of the user. For example, you could have top-level folders for Genres, then Artists below that, then Albums, and finally songs. I wish Tag navigation worked that way, so choosing a Genre first presented you with all the artists in that genre, etc. But tag organization is a decision of the firmware developers, not the users, so when you choose a genre, they just give you a massive list of songs to sort through.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #775 of 6,262
  That's why I prefer folder navigation: it puts the choice of organization in the hands of the user. For example, you could have top-level folders for Genres, then Artists below that, then Albums, and finally songs. I wish Tag navigation worked that way, so choosing a Genre first presented you with all the artists in that genre, etc. But tag organization is a decision of the firmware developers, not the users, so when you choose a genre, they just give you a massive list of songs to sort through.

+1 For folder navigation...works best for me as I prefer to listen to albums anyway.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #776 of 6,262
Great.  More file management.  

(Making me really appreciate iTunes...)

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #780 of 6,262

I wonder if they could make a TPU rubber case...it's different than silicone because it's smooth on the outside and doesn't attract lint and slides in your pocket easily. I'm sure you've seen them on smartphones.

Definitely not *any* rubber case. They just suck, pure and simple. Hard acrylic or leather is the only way a case should be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back