Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Jul 15, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #5,766 of 6,262
I found a post explaining that any earphones connected to the N3 cannot be used for making calls while the player is paired with a smartphone. However, will the user at lease receive some kind of notification of an incoming call?

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #5,768 of 6,262
does the sound quality of this N3 compare to that of a dragonfly black?

the N3 is more detailed and much closer to Dragon Fly Red, although I would still give the edge to the N3 in overall sound quality. I was not a big fan of the DF black.

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #5,771 of 6,262
Hi, does anyone know if the cayin cs-40tc35 USB c to coax cable can be used with other USB c devices as source? Or is it restricted to just cayin usb c products? Thanks!

Cayin has chosen to bring the SPDIF signal out on some unused pins of the USB C connector - but the SPDIF signal is not part of the USB standard pin-out.
So their cable won't work with any other device, unless it also has the non-standard wiring of SPDIF on those pins.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #5,773 of 6,262
Cayin has chosen to bring the SPDIF signal out on some unused pins of the USB C connector - but the SPDIF signal is not part of the USB standard pin-out.
So their cable won't work with any other device, unless it also has the non-standard wiring of SPDIF on those pins.

To the best of my knowledge, only HiBy DAPs are compatible. We work with each other closely and they have adopted our pin out arrangement to embed S/PDIF bitstream on the Type-C connector.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 23, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #5,774 of 6,262
Hello,
I bought N3 like a year ago with a pair of beyerdynamic 1350. Everything was great until last week. I have a very strange problem. N3 stops and starts, or changes tracks by itself. I am not sure it is a problem with the headphone jack or headphones themselves. The strange part is both N3 and heaphones work fine with other headphones/players. Only when i am using them together I have this problem. The problem gets worth when I am constantly moving around.
Any idea what is the problem?

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #5,775 of 6,262
Hello,
I bought N3 like a year ago with a pair of beyerdynamic 1350. Everything was great until last week. I have a very strange problem. N3 stops and starts, or changes tracks by itself. I am not sure it is a problem with the headphone jack or headphones themselves. The strange part is both N3 and heaphones work fine with other headphones/players. Only when i am using them together I have this problem. The problem gets worth when I am constantly moving around.
Any idea what is the problem?

That is really weird. I had that a couple of weeks ago with a new iem or bud (cannot remember which one). I used a couple of other daps with with it withoug problem so I knew that was not defective. I have since been using the Cayin with other iems and buds with no problem. Now I wish I could remember which combination was causing the problem. Something that arrived recently...

I have the most recent firmware on the Cayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back