Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
Jan 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #196 of 424
This is a very disturbing message for idap-6 users. Does this mean that we will not see any new software in the coming weeks / months?

Forget about quick response from software department, it looks like it is ODM product not directly in house development product. Did you seen German end user price .... it is joke I think (998.-EUR).

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #197 of 424
Forget about quick response from software department, it looks like it is ODM product not directly in house development product. Did you seen German end user price .... it is joke I think (998.-EUR).

I can't prove to you the effort we have put in, if this is an ODM product, that you can consider all the DAPs we have produced are ODM products as well because they are identical in terms of inhouse development process.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 7, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #198 of 424
yeee ... more marketing than real talking.
Weeks ago I ask you that you pass to your R&D request about add nework setup page and this is not so big problem like find where we have bug and how to resolve this problem but simply software coding.
In my opinion firmware is written by different company.

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #199 of 424
iDAP-6 supports gapless on NAS playback, but you have to use the control interface of the iDAP-6 to control the playback, and that will be in Samba protocol.

I understand that it is impossible to implement Tidal in idap-6, thank you for your honest answer. However, the lack of remote NAS support is not very convenient and I hope that at least here it will improve in the future. If it's necessary to get along with the creators of Hiby Music - you should do it.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #207 of 424
Andy must be very busy with Canjam, Firmware 2.0 just released in Cayin China website, not yet available in their international website, here is the link

http://cn.cayin.cn/down?name=iDAP-6+V2.0.zip

Google translate, but i try to rewrite some of it using my limited Chinese knowledge
iDAP-6 firmware V2.0 version of the new content
1, add shutdown timer, and make shutdown function idling (this one i don't understand);
2, add support for Opus Codec encoded music files;
3, optimize the song information display interface;
4, rectify the bug when connected via I2S interface, the DSD file left and right channel are reversed, advance to next song will back to normal;
5, Rectify the bug when your smartphone is connected to IDap-6 using HibyLink, and if you plugged new USB devices into OTG 1,2,3, the Hibylink app on your smartphone will show the newly added USB drive's directory, and you will be able to play the music file inside, BUT the capacity of directory is ZERO; (My problem on Hibylink is when added new USB drive after pairing IDap-6 and smartphone, the newly added USB drive will not show up in Hibylink, I need to un-paired and re-paired them in order to show the newly added USB drive)
6, optimize other BUG.

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #208 of 424
Andy must be very busy with Canjam, Firmware 2.0 just released in Cayin China website, not yet available in their international website, here is the link

http://cn.cayin.cn/down?name=iDAP-6+V2.0.zip

Google translate, but i try to rewrite some of it using my limited Chinese knowledge
iDAP-6 firmware V2.0 version of the new content
1, add shutdown timer, and make shutdown function idling (this one i don't understand);
2, add support for Opus Codec encoded music files;
3, optimize the song information display interface;
4, rectify the bug when connected via I2S interface, the DSD file left and right channel are reversed, advance to next song will back to normal;
5, Rectify the bug when your smartphone is connected to IDap-6 using HibyLink, and if you plugged new USB devices into OTG 1,2,3, the Hibylink app on your smartphone will show the newly added USB drive's directory, and you will be able to play the music file inside, BUT the capacity of directory is ZERO; (My problem on Hibylink is when added new USB drive after pairing IDap-6 and smartphone, the newly added USB drive will not show up in Hibylink, I need to un-paired and re-paired them in order to show the newly added USB drive)
6, optimize other BUG.

I was doing the translation of N3 and iDAP-6 firmware notice today, the official international version firmware notice will uploaded tomorrow, and the download link will direct international users to our Hong Kong web server which is more reliable then the Chinese sever for oversee visitors.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 5, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #209 of 424
I was doing the translation of N3 and iDAP-6 firmware notice today, the official international version firmware notice will uploaded tomorrow, and the download link will direct international users to our Hong Kong web server which is more reliable then the Chinese sever for oversee visitors.
I downloaded the new firmware this morning from Chinese website. Should I still use it or better wait for the international version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back