Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jun 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3,256 of 3,742
Hi everyone.
I just bought i5 second hand. It was purchased in January. Has been merely used.
The problem is when I connect with the USB type C cable with my laptop only the USB Mode ''Mass Storage Device''
actually works and I can transfer music files from laptop BUT my laptop cannot identify the player and/or load the relevant drivers needed for such connectivity.
Also the same happens when I switch to DAC Mode.
Would anyone be able to help me??

What version of Windows? We have been informed that the latest Windows 10 updated has changed the USB Audio setting and causing a lot of problem with existing USB Audio drivers. If you are updated your WIndows 10 to the latest version, then you might need to fall back to our previous version of USB driver, but please remember to disable Driver Signature Enforcement when you install the old version.

Other then that, if you are using the Windows 7,8, 8.1 and other version of Windows 10, you can install our Universal USB Driver, this should be straight forward and we have provided instruction in the download page for your reference.

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13481

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #3,257 of 3,742
What version of Windows? We have been informed that the latest Windows 10 updated has changed the USB Audio setting and causing a lot of problem with existing USB Audio drivers. If you are updated your WIndows 10 to the latest version, then you might need to fall back to our previous version of USB driver, but please remember to disable Driver Signature Enforcement when you install the old version.

Other then that, if you are using the Windows 7,8, 8.1 and other version of Windows 10, you can install our Universal USB Driver, this should be straight forward and we have provided instruction in the download page for your reference.

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13481
Thanks AndyKong for your interest, I appreciate. I spent something like an hour or more today with Technical online Support from Cayin, but this didn't solve the problem. I am on Windows 7 and I downloaded and installed the Universal USB Driver from same link as provided by you in above post. There remains to find if something is wrong with my laptop..I think the only way to find is by trying to connect to someone else's computer...thnx

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,258 of 3,742
Hi guys. I have just returned my second ibasso dx80 (a very good dap i think) and have recieved a refund and am considering other daps as well as another dx80. I was wondering what deal was with the Cayin i5 it looks good, has lots of features and i'm told sounds good, but I have also heard that it is very buggy! Which puts me off. The only problem I have with the DX80 is buggy firmware, the fact I have had to return two of them and the lack of bluetooth. I am also consider the Astell & Kern AK70, but spending an extra £100 over the i5 and £200 over the DX80, in not so sure about.

1. As I intend for the next dap i get to be my day to day use without a separate headphone amp, what is the lowdown with the i5 in regards to reliability and bugs.
2. Is there any owners of both the i5 and either a DX80 or AK70 that can give me some insight on the advantages and disadvantages of the daps in relation to each other.
3. How happy are you Cayin i5 owners with the dap?

Jul 1, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #3,259 of 3,742
1. As I intend for the next dap i get to be my day to day use without a separate headphone amp, what is the lowdown with the i5 in regards to reliability and bugs.
2. Is there any owners of both the i5 and either a DX80 or AK70 that can give me some insight on the advantages and disadvantages of the daps in relation to each other.
3. How happy are you Cayin i5 owners with the dap?

I got the i5 to replace my DX80, which I lost on the bus (still upset at myself about that one). Based on my experience, I would say most of the complaints about bugs with the i5 relate to bluetooth and streaming functionality. I don't normally use those features - I mostly use it as a straight-up DAP. Used in that way, I haven't had very many problems with it - much less firmware problems than the DX80 (though iBasso was pretty good about fixing bugs while I had it), and the firmware in general provides a better user experience (in my opinion). To me, as far as usability and ergonomics go, the i5 is a clear upgrade over the DX80.

I like the sound of the i5 better, too. It's a little warmer, but the bass is better (more extended and textured) and the sound in general is more refined and reveals more detail. I thought the DX80 was really dynamic, with some great punch, but to my ears (and memory - I never had a chance to compare them) it's not a refined sound compared to the i5.

Hope that helps.

Jul 1, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #3,261 of 3,742
It does help thanks. I am starting to lean towards i5 as a result. So long as it has an SD card slot I'm satisfied as it does have a little built in capacity.

In regards the the bluetooth issues, do you happen to know anything about that?

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #3,264 of 3,742
Can someone tell me where to buy the Blue Cayin i5 Leather case
a guy in Japan got in somewhere is in japanesee
WXiKNbe.jpg

7Nk3j38.jpg

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #3,265 of 3,742
Can someone tell me where to buy the Blue Cayin i5 Leather case
a guy in Japan got in somewhere is in japanesee
Lucky for you! I can speak/read Japanese!
The twitter member below asked where to buy, the original poster mentioned Ebay the
A6 EASECASE Custom-Made Genuine Leather Case For CAYIN I5
You can also pick and choose the colors of the leather on the Ebay Storepage down at the bottom so don't click buy right away!!
https://tinyurl.com/cayini5bluecase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back