1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Next

Last
  1. pr0b3r
    The company released the grey (which should have been the stock) case immediately just months after the DAP release. My experience with the first (brown) case was terrible. They're slippery and looks and feels even cheaper than its already cheap price. Imagine having the pretty DAP getting dented because of that case. I've seen some other reports echoing my sentiments as well. But for the grey one, it got a lot of praise. You might wanna think twice if you're planning to get that brown case.

2. bluedolphin
    Thanks, I might get the grey case first then Brown as alternative
    i can use the brown inside in bed when listening and the grey outside, i like both.

JaeYoon likes this.
  3. BartSimpson1976
    The brown is horrible.Too thick and the player will slip out. The grey fits snugly, but also the red stitching on it is done poorly.

That case was also another evidence that Cayin does not value its customers. Firstly, they obviously never tested the brown case
    before relasing it and after it has been proven being a failure they just silently released the grey. Without any discount whatsoever for people
    who wasted their money already on the brown.

4. Necron99
    So far, the Bluetooth performance on the i5 is not very good. For whatever reason, the pause/stop button does NOT WORK with any Bluetooth capable headphone I have used and in several cases the next and or back button doesn't work. Please keep in mind I am using 2.3 Beta, but I had the same issues with 2.2. Anyone's experience any different or the same?
    To answer your question, test them before you buy them.

5. Alexei23
    well my brand new i5 arrived today and it's not working! I turn it on select the language and timezone and the it says commencing experience and nothing happens!

6. smy1
    I had the same issue but you have to press the screen in the middle or something.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  7. Alexei23
    after getting angry and pressing all the buttons and basically manhandling it started working. but it get very warm is this normal?

8. pr0b3r
    That commencing thing fooled me too. I waited for a long time and felt like cheated when all I had to do was press that "commencing" button. And yes, it gets warm. I often drain the battery unintentionally because it was left playing even if I leave it on pause. I just turn if off whenever not in use.

Alexei23 likes this.
  9. Alexei23
    Can i ask you guys if it is normal for the unit to crash two or three times when it has just started up or been idle for a while? Because this is what is happening to me.

10. Alexei23
    Just noticed that this may be due to the 2.2 firmware. Do i need to roll back to 2.o firmware before installing the 2.3 beta or not?

11. JaeYoon
    From what I read much more stable on 2.0 or 2.3 beta.
    If you upgrade to 2.3 beta it's actually 2.0.
    As Cayin cannot downgrade. Andy just rerolled 2.0 into 2.3 beta for stability.

Alexei23 likes this.
  12. Alexei23
    Okay, cool. Thanks.

13. bluedolphin
    Does Cayin i5 Comes with the Brown leather case included for free?
    it say so in this video

14. Alexei23
    I ordered a brand new one from amazon and it didn't come with a case.

bluedolphin likes this.
  15. bluedolphin
    It must have been added recently in some countries
    video is from Feb 2017 New zealand

First

Back
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Next

Last