Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Feb 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #901 of 2,306
Just an FYI to all prospective buyers of Liquid Fire, I received an email yesterday evening from ALO Audio indicating that they have six units of the Liquid Fire amp in stock (although ALO Audio's website does state "pre order").  I'm sure if you ask if ALO Audio has it in stock, before purchasing, ALO Audio would let you know.

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #902 of 2,306
Same here - expecting to get both the long awaited BHSE and Thunderpants this month. :)

Quote:
So it's February now, is anyone else who has preordered the LF for Feb delivery getting anxious? Or has anyone heard as to when they may start rolling off the production lines and into shipping boxes?

This is going to be a looooong month.
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #903 of 2,306

Quote:
Just an FYI to all prospective buyers of Liquid Fire, I received an email yesterday evening from ALO Audio indicating that they have six units of the Liquid Fire amp in stock (although ALO Audio's website does state "pre order").  I'm sure if you ask if ALO Audio has it in stock, before purchasing, ALO Audio would let you know.

I paid up with Cavalli directly, but it may be that he's sent his dealers the first few completed models from this run, and others are soon(ish) to follow.
Could be good news, I hope so.

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #905 of 2,306

Quote:
I paid up with Cavalli directly, but it may be that he's sent his dealers the first few completed models from this run, and others are soon(ish) to follow.
Could be good news, I hope so.

I can chip in here, ALO does not have any amplifiers in hand and the paid up folk will get theirs at about the same time as any dealers get theirs..dB

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #906 of 2,306
I want me some Thunderpants. LF impressions when you get them, please. 

Also, this month is going to be ridiculous. I want my LF...NOW. At least my Girl With the Dragon Tattoo set ships in 2 days. But then I'll want the LF to listen to it. D:
Quote:
Same here - expecting to get both the long awaited BHSE and Thunderpants this month. :)

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #907 of 2,306
A few requests from LF owners with more headphones than I.

I'm looking to get a closed can that will pair well with the LF. There's not a big selection of high end closed cans out there (not counting discontinued models). I'm wondering how the small selection pairs with the LF.

I think the portable rig I'd be looking at to use them on as well would be the HP-P1.

Anyway. I'm specifically wondering about the DT770 (600 Ohm), Thunderpants, and any (fairly) easy to find AT woodies. I'd want a Leatherhead, but that's way out of the question right now.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #908 of 2,306
I can attest to the thunderpants - I don't own smeggy made TP's but have had several in my possession for an extended time and virtually only listen to closed orthos and the LF handles them superbly. 

..dB

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #909 of 2,306
My LA2000 sounds fantastic with the Liquid Fire. You'd think it would be overkill, as they're based on the humble d2000, but they scale amazingly well with high end gear.

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #910 of 2,306
best closed can i've ever heard is the W3000anv. 
i'm not sure how easy it would be to find. 

from the cavalli, it was not only competitive with the HD800, it had qualities that surpassed anything i've heard.  namely that luscious midrange.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #911 of 2,306
The Liquid Fire never fails to amaze me. Even listening to simple female vocal gives me the shrill. Awesome.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #912 of 2,306

Quote:
The Liquid Fire never fails to amaze me. Even listening to simple female vocal gives me the shrill. Awesome.

I really wish I could audition a LF.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #913 of 2,306

Quote:

Ya it sure will amaze. Try a quad set of matched nos early 60's Siemans CCA's and the HE6's with original cloth ear pads. 

That will give your SRM-727/SR-009's a run for your money.

Its because of how well the Liquid Fire does with my rig, that I backed off of the BHSE and waiting for the Liquid Lightning.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #914 of 2,306
I know this sounds crazy but I've been thinking lately that the LF fills in spaces in the music that I didn't even know existed. It's like it densely populates the entire musical experience with real information. Comparatively, my speaker system sounds, certainly not threadbare, but as if there are gaps, spaces that are not filled. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #915 of 2,306

Quote:
I know this sounds crazy but I've been thinking lately that the LF fills in spaces in the music that I didn't even know existed. It's like it densely populates the entire musical experience with real information. Comparatively, my speaker system sounds, certainly not threadbare, but as if there are gaps, spaces that are not filled. 

I don't know if I'd say you're crazy.  You may be hearing details and subtlety in the music that weren't being resolved by your previous system, or the presentation may be a little more forward or noticeable.  And even if you're crazy, at least it's a good enjoyable crazy. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back