Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Aug 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #331 of 349
I wonder if we should start a new thread for Liquid Fire Owners?  Amp finally here thread doesn't seem to fit.

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #334 of 349
I can merely echo many of the comments here, my amp is slightly different and would thus be more difficult for direct comparison. Hence my preference to enjoy the enthusiasm. My tube compliment of choice is a 6DJ8 bugle boy and 6H30 per channel which I know is not a reality for any other amps , will probably try a few other options over time but I seem to end up here whenever I fiddle with it. 

I toyed with the idea of rebuilding it is a power amp merely to watch Sachu turn green 
tongue.gif
 , but where's the fun in that ..dB

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #337 of 349
I've been listening to The Beatles in Mono.  Originally I had enthusiastically bought those, appreciated them and then proceeded to listen to the 24bit stereo from that point on........................until now.  I started with Sgt Pepper and it was a revelation.  I had listened to this w/my old WA22 but not with the same result.  Sgt Pepper has that dynamic in Mono when you (if you're old enough) first were hearing it everywhere that isn't present in the Stereo version-Lucy especially w/the flanging vocals.  The Liquid Fire has made these Beatles Mono's and incredible listen.

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #338 of 349
I don't know if I can continue to follow this thread
wink_face.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #341 of 349
Aug 18, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #342 of 349

Quote:
I've been listening to The Beatles in Mono.  Originally I had enthusiastically bought those, appreciated them and then proceeded to listen to the 24bit stereo from that point on........................until now.  I started with Sgt Pepper and it was a revelation.  I had listened to this w/my old WA22 but not with the same result.  Sgt Pepper has that dynamic in Mono when you (if you're old enough) first were hearing it everywhere that isn't present in the Stereo version-Lucy especially w/the flanging vocals.  The Liquid Fire has made these Beatles Mono's and incredible listen.

Are you listening the the original mono on vinyl?

It is interesting that the Beatles never mixed the mono recordings to be played back on an LF let alone a WA22--just on a plain-vanilla record player from the 60s. And to think it sounds incredible. Good to know. Good to know. Thanks, Icenine2.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #343 of 349
I'm listening to them from the CD Mono Box release.  Having lived back in the day I indeed did listen to both on high-end systems.  I was blessed with a Grandfather who was my original "Stereo Mentor".  He had electrostatic speakers as well as others.  Reference Marantz gear and McIntosh as well.  So going in even as an early teen I knew what music could sound like.  When I'd visit him he'd take me off to the then HiFi store and we'd listen to the latest equipment.  And of course I listened to them on the plain vanilla as well.  The Beatles recordings are top notch for the day.  Listen to the same era Stones, Kinks, etc and there's no comparison.

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #344 of 349
Well I just returned from the Netherlands about 5 hours ago. It took an hour to get through customs and all I could declare were a bunch of Dutch licorice candies. They let me go--this time. Anyway, I just got an email saying that my LF will be delivered on Friday! I can't hardly wait. Cavalli Liquid Fire power is soon to be in the house. I love the smell of new electronic equipment.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #345 of 349

Users who are viewing this thread

Back