Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Jul 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #166 of 349
As Saachi mentions there are relays in the power circuit to make the sequence work. There is also an output delay/detector that uses a small relay in the output path. This detector is similar to, but not the same as AMB's epsilon 12.

Jul 22, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #168 of 349
My amp is scheduled to ship today.  I have 3 DACs to try out with it: W4S DAC 2, PS Audio PWD and a highly modified Havana DAC by the Parts Connexion.  I also have a lot cans to try as well: LCD 2, HE6, LA7000, T1, HD800, Headphile modified K340 and the HD650.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #170 of 349
Steve,

Let us Know what the LCD's sound like after break-in.  I have the T-1's and am considering the LC's.

Quote:
My amp is scheduled to ship today.  I have 3 DACs to try out with it: W4S DAC 2, PS Audio PWD and a highly modified Havana DAC by the Parts Connexion.  I also have a lot cans to try as well: LCD 2, HE6, LA7000, T1, HD800, Headphile modified K340 and the HD650.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #171 of 349

Quote:

its like youre living my dream... stop it. haha jk enjoy!!

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #177 of 349
I'm cheating during break-in and listening to some Led Zep (thanks for the suggestion J!)  Don't want to go all nuts here but it's incredible.  I'm at 70 hours right now.  Listening w/T-1's

How about everyone here either weighs in or PM each other w/progress?  Make sure you mention what phones you are using.

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #178 of 349
Just got mine yesterday!! Still burning in (~60h), but like Icenine2, I can't help but cheat and listen while the LF burns in. I'm also using a W4S DAC2, Pure Music, and the LCD2s (rev 1), and even though the LF is still early in its burn-in process I can already tell that this amp is amazing. I had been using the Lyr, which I still think is a great amp, but the LF is already SO much more clear, fast, and real/live sounding. With the Lyr, I'd always thought that the LCD2s sounded a bit closed-in, but somehow the LF really does make the music feel like it is playing around you, not so much inside your head (at least as far as that is possible when using headphones). So far I've tried listening to some Miles Davis, DJ Shadow, Mogwai, Tom Petty, Young Jeezy, and Pink Floyd, and they all sound incredible with the LF. The only thing I feel is missing is a little more bass depth and punch, but its sounds like this will improve as the LF burns in more. I'll post some more after I reach 150h. 

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #179 of 349
Just spent a few hours listening to the Liquid Fire and comparisons versus the Stacker 2 I have here.  Setup was SB Touch as transport with the Rega DAC sourcing the Liquid Fire and the Assemblage 2.7 on the Stacker.  Fortunately, I have both my old LCD-2 and a new rev 2 over here, so I could put one headphone in each of them and A/B very quickly.  I also switched which amp had the rev 1 and rev 2 LCD-2 just to validate what I was hearing.

Firstly, it's all been said before, but the Liquid Fire has great detail, transparency, and clarity.  Imaging and soundstage are also very good, without the soundstage sounding too forcibly wide or deep.  It sounds like most of the instruments and voices are in the room with you, but not like they're way out there in some other area.  I found the forward depth to not be quite as much as the lateral left to right depth, but the sounds still are projected a little out of the listener's head.  I also found that in some very congested passages the LF was able to still add some space around the sounds and made the presentation seem effortless and tight.  Bass extension is good, with some nice impact but not so much that it starts smearing the rest of the sounds around it.  On the other end of the spectrum, treble extension is also excellent with a hint of brightness, but without excessive sibilance or etch to the highs.

Gonna do some more listening tonight and maybe write up an actual review today or tomorrow, but that's the high level overview of my experience so far.  I do also think that the Siemens tubes are excellent in this amp, giving a little more weight and impact to the sound, but still maintaining the clarity and transparency.  The Stacker still seems to have more weight in the lower end, but it's not nearly as controlled and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back