Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #106 of 424
ALRIGHT fellers!!!!! I don't know about you but I'm getting freaking pumped about CanFest 6 next month!!! I just got off the phone with a very lovely young lady from Schiit Audio who said that they'll be happy to help with our meet!! I'm awaiting confirmation from 2 other vendors but we're about to have more vendors represented that we are enthusiasts (dunno if that's a good or bad thing) but help me by sharing on your social media, youtube, etc... I'm going to be posting an official welcome to CanFest 6 video on my channel in the next coming week (awaiting to hear back from the 2 vendors) but I doubt I'll be bringing in anymore in but ya never know.

My humble little channel is pushing almost 100 people lol but I'll have some coverage too! But excited to hear what vendors we might also have in the works! I also have an HE 4XX in my collection now as well.

Also the Schiit sponsored Raffle is pretty sweet!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #108 of 424
I am very glad to see a meet within reasonable distance get going. I hope this turns into an annual trip for SWMBO and I. My usual run has been to Atlanta just because it offered some choices in audio shops as there is absolutely nothing in NE TN.

(For those uninitiated SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed - wife of 25 years).

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #109 of 424
Oh did you get the schiit kit? I was gonna do that for us earlier, but forgot to apply for it.

It hasn't been quarunteed but they're going to try and get it out to us.

My humble little channel is pushing almost 100 people lol but I'll have some coverage too! But excited to hear what vendors we might also have in the works! I also have an HE 4XX in my collection now as well.

Freak yeah!!! That'll be great publicity (and more content ).

Also the Schiit sponsored Raffle is pretty sweet!

It is. I think that'll bring a few more people in (hopefully) but that blew me away when I was told I'd be sent them to raffle out.

Looks like this year is going to be a lot bigger than last year, I hope this keeps up for the coming years!!

That's the goal. With everyone's help we'll make Carolina CanFest a meet worth making note of.

I am very glad to see a meet within reasonable distance get going. I hope this turns into an annual trip for SWMBO and I. My usual run has been to Atlanta just because it offered some choices in audio shops as there is absolutely nothing in NE TN.

(For those uninitiated SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed - wife of 25 years).

Thank you haha for I was like what in the world are those appreviated for XD.

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #110 of 424
Yeap! Mine's just basic cherry but I do have an BTG Audio OCC Cable. I was hoping to have @zach915m in house OCC to demo with my Eikon as well but I don't think that's going to pan out...

As for gear I MIGHT have an HE 4XX in tow with me as well
I'll have a pair of HE-400 for sale. I have balanced and TRS cables and a TRS pigtail for use with the balanced cable.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #111 of 424
I'll have a pair of HE-400 for sale. I have balanced and TRS cables and a TRS pigtail for use with the balanced cable.

The HE 400 uses those old RF style screw on connectors though right? Either way I have a balanced cable for those, I've got a balanced TRRS 3.5mm for anything that takes dual Mono 3.5mm entry, and I've got a couple of mini 4pin XLR dual entry cables, both balanced and SE. Though I only have 2 4pin XLR to 6.5mm adapters [at the moment] but I do have a 4pin xlr to 3.5mm TRRS adapter as well... So I may barrow one of your adapters if that's ok,

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #112 of 424
In addition to dinner that night, of which I'm excited to have a few of you agree to join my wife and I for. I'm also thinking of arriving earlier on Friday morning to head out to Moon Audio for a small tour around their shop that afternoon. I'm taking 3 days off so for me the more audio the better. For those that are available that morning/afternoon,is any one interested in doing in accompanying me in doing a little tour of their shop around 2pm? I'm personally in the market for a cable for my HD 800 as well as a new dac/amp some time this year as well.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #113 of 424
Moon Audio is in Cary, where I live, so I can maybe meet up with you during that time. I haven't seen his new place since it used to be right out of his house, which had a nice upstairs demo room

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #114 of 424
Moon Audio is in Cary, where I live, so I can maybe meet up with you during that time. I haven't seen his new place since it used to be right out of his house, which had a nice upstairs demo room

Cool that would be awesome! I purchased my 901 from them years ago but again I've never seen the actual store front

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #115 of 424
More impressive to me is Cary Audio, which has been making really high end tube products for 2 channel and some headphone products. That's a demo room I'd want to see in person imo

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #116 of 424
More impressive to me is Cary Audio, which has been making really high end tube products for 2 channel and some headphone products. That's a demo room I'd want to see in person imo

If it's also in Carry why not do both! Or I'll also be there till Sunday the 18'th see if Carry would be open to allowing us to tour their room that Sunday. With a month+ notice they might be ok!

I could leave Myrtle Beach around 9am an get to carry by 11:30ish, we could do 2 hours at Carry Audio then another 2 at Moon Audio, I'll hopefully leave Carry by 430ish and get to Charolette by 630-7 check in to the hotel and away we go!

Though if were visiting 2 shops I'll need to find some place for my wife to hang out, as all this Audio stuff isn't her cup of tea lol

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #117 of 424
It takes longer than 2 1/2 hours to drive to the triangle from myrtle beach. Usually closer to 3 1/2 hours. There are tons of things for women to do if she has her own car. Public transportation isn't really much of a thing here, so uber or a rental would be necessary.

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #118 of 424
at least uber is a thing there. Where I am if you wait for an uber you might be a couple weeks.

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #119 of 424
It takes longer than 2 1/2 hours to drive to the triangle from myrtle beach. Usually closer to 3 1/2 hours. There are tons of things for women to do if she has her own car. Public transportation isn't really much of a thing here, so uber or a rental would be necessary.

Well I'm technically in "Carolina Forest" so it's about the same. 2 1/2 from me to Moon Audio then another 2 1/2 to Charolette from Cary at least according to Google. Though that's not factoring in traffic. I figure if I leave at 9Sharp 12:00 would be the time we arrive, 2 hours at Cary Audio for 2 channel then if your down @Zadok we can head over to moon around 2:30 and spend another 2 hours there. Then leaving around 4:30-5:00 ish I should be in Charollette no later than 7:45ish

@Wiljen, and @Army-Firedawg what time were you guys thinking for Dinner plans?

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #120 of 424
I'm pretty sure everyone's gonna be pretty satisfied with the lunch I've coming courtesy of Schiit so I was thinking around 5:30-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back