First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Page 6 of 29
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. audiophilehe400
    Thank you, I hope everyone enjoys it. I see on your message it has your headphones, do you plan to bring your zmf eikon?

2. Army-Firedawg

Oh wow, it's defintitly a pleasure to have you if we can, that's a heck of a truck. Here's a list of hotels that're pretty close by (right at 10 minutes away). Weddington Road is right off I85 exit 49 (where the Bass Pro Shops etc... are) so just 3 exits down from Station 9 (Exit 52). It's not really vacation time, but there's a really nice (but also very expensive) place called Wolfridge Lodge that has an indoor water park about 5 minutes further if you're wanting to make it a family (or personal) getaway.

Edit: Also, are you just bringing tubes or is the SSMH an amp? Not an expert by any stretch on tubes and rolling so I need your enlightenment :p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. DannyB Contributor
  4. Army-Firedawg

Yup that's it :p you'd think I'd know it's name by now with all the alarms we run there.

5. DannyB Contributor
    If you are interested I can bring rare pair of Telefunken 802S tubes for you to tube roll.

6. Wiljen
    Let me make sure I can make it but that sounds great.

7. mitchell2001
    I just bought an aune x1s dac for my x7s so now I have a full aune system

8. audiophilehe400
    Just thought I would provide a gear update. The ZMF Atticus is now confirmed, and I also ordered a Audio GD 15.32 if you could at that to the list. Thanks

9. Mshenay Contributor
    Yeap! Mine's just basic cherry but I do have an BTG Audio OCC Cable. I was hoping to have @zach915m in house OCC to demo with my Eikon as well but I don't think that's going to pan out...

As for gear I MIGHT have an HE 4XX in tow with me as well

10. Wiljen
    I'll likely bring:

Sennheiser HD700 with Modhouse (Anex) Mod
    Fostex T50RP Mk3 Mayflower modded with Shure Alcantara pads
    Bowers & Wilkins P5
    Superlux HD660 modded
    Hifymediy Sabre 24/96 DAC
    Schitt Magni 2 /Modi 2 uber
    SSMH 19j6 original version with RCA tubes or tungsram tubes
    SSMH 12a_7 version with a bunch of different tubes to roll (I think I have 12 different balanced pairs from 1952 - 1987)
    Mixcder MS-301 Bluetooth over ears and TR008 Bluetooth Transmitter setup.

Brainwavz B400
    AKG N40
    Trinity Icarus III
    Cayin N3 DAP paired with walnut F1
    Crazier R3 (nintaus X10) paired with Topping Nx1
    Benjie K9 Paired with Fiio E17

I might have the Magaosi K5 back by then and will bring it if I do along with a couple others I have on order.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  11. Army-Firedawg
    Wow, buncha updates to do! I'll get em all taken care of when I get off shift tomorrow.

But what is a SSMH? I may not be searchijg correctly but I can't find anything on it.

12. Wiljen
    Starving Student Millett Hybrid amp. The 19J6 is true to Pete's keep it inexpensive design. The 12a_7 version is a bit upgraded in caps resistors etc.

13. Mshenay Contributor
    Great little amp! I had one back in 2013!

14. Army-Firedawg

Ah gotcha, thank you.

15. audiophilehe400
    I would like to listen to your eikon, I have an Atticus and am curious on how they compare. Mine is also cherry.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Page 6 of 29
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.