First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Page 7 of 29
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. Army-Firedawg
    @Wiljen Which model of the hifimediy do you have?

2. Wiljen
  3. Mshenay Contributor
    Yea no problem! Your also welcome to try out a few different cables for your Atticus if your still using stock, I'll have a few that are compatible with the 4pin mini XLR sockets

Also is any one interested in doing something the day before? Wife an I will be arriving on the 16th, and were not sure where we are staying just yet. Were tossing around the idea of Staying in Charlotte or another of the larger cities 1-2 hours away doing something fun that night and trekking out to Kannopolis the day of the meet, back to City X that day, sleeping or out an about that night again and then home on the 19th

4. Wiljen
    Looks like I will make it weather provided. SMWBO wants to go shopping in Charlotte while I am there.

5. Army-Firedawg
    Charlotte will be MUCH more expensive but there'll be much more for you to do (i.e. museums, musicals, plays, nice restaurants, etc...) Kannapolis is where I live and though I haven't really explored much, there's really not a lot to do here. Concord doesn't really have much either other than shopping (which is right down the road from where the meet is). I'm off as well, so I may be able to join.

6. Mshenay Contributor
    Perfect man that would be awesome! I'll make a new PM thread in a few weeks just to finalize our details. Also I'll have the Focal Clear with me for the Meet as well! I reached out and was able to confirm it a loaner for that weekend, given how much every one loved the Elear last year I figured we the Clear would be a hit this year too!

I'll also have both the JDS Labs OL Switcher and the Schiit SYS, I wound up getting one for each of my systems. I'll have the EL Dac with me as well, though I don't have another PC to use the EL Dac with so I may do Optical from my iRiver H140.

So if any one has another Laptop they'd allow me to use that would be stellar! Though the Behring UCA 202 does actually work with AnDroid devices too so I'll have that one running into the Audio GD too

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  7. Army-Firedawg
    HEY HUGE UPDATE GUYS!!!!!!!! The location of the meet has changed. Apparently someone, somehow, got the reservation over me but THAT'S OK. Instead of being at Station 9 it'll be at Station 7 (which is actually my station so y'all will getta check out my Ladder truck). Also, they only take time from 10 onward despite what their website says so the meet is from 10-3. The new address is 250 International Drive, Concord, NC. The room size is pretty much the same as is parking space. So there's no need to worry. Also, the station's are only roughly 5 minutes apart (instead of making a right on kannapolis parkway you now make a left) so there shouldn't be any difference in drive time either.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  8. Mshenay Contributor
    That works, though are we still starting at 9? If so is it safe to arrive early at like 8:30?

9. Army-Firedawg
    No the earliest the woman said they can open it it 10.

10. Mshenay Contributor
    I take it no early arrivals or late leaves then huh...

11. Army-Firedawg
    In all honesty, I'm sure I can work something out being employed at that station and if it goes late then I'll just pay for the extra time if needed. But I wouldn't push it being too early, I'll be there around 9-930 just to get everything set up (I can get into the building) and talk with the rep. who I was told would be there to unlock the door but I'm not certain if I can let anyone else in.

EDIT: I just checked my receipt email which states that we're authorized a 1 hour setup time prior to event and a 1 hour clean up time post event. This means that YOU CAN show up as early as 0900 and stay no later than 1600. So that works out perfectly then!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  12. Mshenay Contributor
    Awesome! That's perfect, 5 hours is a nice amount of time to mingle and listen and that hour before and after is really necessary! That said if we don't see you the night before, then I'll see ya at 9am!

13. Army-Firedawg
    ALRIGHT fellers!!!!! I don't know about you but I'm getting freaking pumped about CanFest 6 next month!!! I just got off the phone with a very lovely young lady from Schiit Audio who said that they'll be happy to help with our meet!! I'm awaiting confirmation from 2 other vendors but we're about to have more vendors represented that we are enthusiasts (dunno if that's a good or bad thing) but help me by sharing on your social media, youtube, etc... I'm going to be posting an official welcome to CanFest 6 video on my channel in the next coming week (awaiting to hear back from the 2 vendors) but I doubt I'll be bringing in anymore in but ya never know.

Mshenay likes this.
  14. Zadok
    Oh did you get the schiit kit? I was gonna do that for us earlier, but forgot to apply for it.

15. Wiljen
    Cool stuff! I've had the magni/modi and an asgard but would love to hear the yaggy/Rag with something like the HD700 running off them.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Page 7 of 29
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.