CanJam SoCal 2022 Impressions Thread (September 17-18, 2022)
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #451 of 638
Our room was so busy that I don't know how many people even knew about your new amp, it was next to the Lina and hooked up to it, I tried to explain to as many people as possible what was going on. A few people have emailed with very positive remarks, I thought it sounded incredible. Based on these El3n comments I will have to compare shortly, admittedly I haven't even heard Caldera off it yet!

We went over what we need to do better next show, and we are going to have a one sheet that explains the setups at our next show, because with the crowd we weren't able to do that at all. A lot of people heard Caldera on OTL amps and we weren't able to catch it, part of the reason there's an inconsistency in response, and because of what @HiFiHawaii808 stated, it does seem to change a lot based on what they're fed.

No worries dude! That room was packed, speaks to the excitement around ZMFs new offerings :) I'm sure some feedback will come out of the woodwork at some point.

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #452 of 638
It's official! CanJam SoCal 2022 was our biggest CanJam show, to date! Thanks to everyone who came out over the weekend, and especially to those that traveled in from out of town. This was a fantastic show and we can't wait to do it again next year.

Save the Dates: CanJam SoCal 2023 will be held on September 30-October 1, 2023, at the Irvine Marriott.

SoCal22_Team.jpg
Absolutely great show. The only thing it really needs is more days. I only got to hear about 1/2 of what I wanted to hear.

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #453 of 638
Absolutely great show. The only thing it really needs is more days. I only got to hear about 1/2 of what I wanted to hear.

Better write SG in your daybook then...

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #454 of 638
Our room was so busy that I don't know how many people even knew about your new amp, it was next to the Lina and hooked up to it, I tried to explain to as many people as possible what was going on. A few people have emailed with very positive remarks, I thought it sounded incredible. Based on these El3n comments I will have to compare shortly, admittedly I haven't even heard Caldera off it yet!

We went over what we need to do better next show, and we are going to have a one sheet that explains the setups at our next show, because with the crowd we weren't able to do that at all. A lot of people heard Caldera on OTL amps and we weren't able to catch it, part of the reason there's an inconsistency in response, and because of what @HiFiHawaii808 stated, it does seem to change a lot based on what they're fed.
it sounded great on the @L0rdGwyn's prototype amp ! I tried to recommend @HiFiHawaii808 that amp but he was so determined to find an amp he could purchase on the spot(or so I felt) I kinda told him probably shouldn't ?!? lol sorry it was a very exciting moment !!!

3 day canjam !!!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #455 of 638
Better write SG in your daybook then...
I am seriously considering it. It is just my work schedule that will dictate whether or not I can go.

it sounded great on the @L0rdGwyn's prototype amp ! I tried to recommend @HiFiHawaii808 that amp but he was so determined to find an amp he could purchase on the spot(or so I felt) I kinda told him probably shouldn't ?!? lol sorry it was very exciting moment !!!
Sorry that I missed it. I was so taken by the combination of the Caldera and the Glenn EL3N that I had to pair the Caldera with some amps that I actually had familiarity with. I could have used 2 days for full sized headphones and 2 days for IEMs and portable set ups.

No worries dude! That room was packed, speaks to the excitement around ZMFs new offerings :) I'm sure some feedback will come out of the woodwork at some point.
I will make it a point to seek out your amp if I get a chance to attend CanJam NYC and it's there.

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #456 of 638
Sorry that I missed it. I was so taken by the combination of the Caldera and the Glenn EL3N that I had to pair the Caldera with some amps that I actually had familiarity with. I could have used 2 days for full sized headphones and 2 days for IEMs and portable set ups.
This is Me xD waiting at the airport
20220916_061655.JPG

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #457 of 638
It's official! CanJam SoCal 2022 was our biggest CanJam show, to date! Thanks to everyone who came out over the weekend, and especially to those that traveled in from out of town. This was a fantastic show and we can't wait to do it again next year.

Save the Dates: CanJam SoCal 2023 will be held on September 30-October 1, 2023, at the Irvine Marriott.

SoCal22_Team.jpg
Cool, room and flights booked! Just kidding… slightly. Can’t wait to see you guys in NYC in early part of the year.

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #458 of 638
Sep 21, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #459 of 638
I am sensing a little bit of bias here :wink:
To clarify: I never got a chance testing the Caldera out of your SET amp. People made sure it never rested for a second :wink:
(which I am sure is a great form of endorsement)
Having said that, I do love my Glenn 6EL3N amp, so there is that :laughing:

Sep 21, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #460 of 638
To clarify: I never got a chance testing the Caldera out of your SET amp. People made sure it never rested for a second :wink:
(which I am sure is a great form of endorsement)
Having said that, I do love my Glenn 6EL3N amp, so there is that :laughing:
I regret selling my Glenn otl amp
6u801o.jpg

Sep 21, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #461 of 638
Pretty difficult task making sure people are "doing it correctly"... Just as an example, the EL3N amp has a 1-stage / 2-stage switch on the front. When I first plugged the Caldera - I was surprised I had to almost max the volume! :scream: Quickly I realized someone switched to 1-stage mode, which is great for IEMs or VERY easy to drive headphones, but definitely under-powered for the Caldera. Switching to 2-stage mode made the combo sing beautifully.
Others might have tried with 1-stage and thought that combo is terrible, but since the switch is on the front - impossible to save people from themselves...

This is Me xD waiting at the airport
20220916_061655.JPG
Cool - I did see you several times at the show, but never connected the face with the Head-Fi-er... Will know for next CanJam!

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #462 of 638

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #463 of 638
Sep 21, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #464 of 638

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #465 of 638
Nice one! Loved the music playing through one of my my new acquisitions from the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back