CanJam @ RMAF 2011: Show Highlights (part 1 of 2) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 014
Nov 10, 2011 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49
NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) took place on October 14, 15 and 16, 2011, and in this episode of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at some of the show highlights (part 1 of 2).

Products mentioned in the video:  

1. Sennheiser RS 220 wireless headphones
  2. Sennheiser HD 600 over-ear headphone
  3. Sennheiser HD 800 over-ear headphone
  4. Audeze LCD-2 planar magnetic headphone
  5. HiFiMan HE-6 planar magnetic headphone
  6. V-MODA Crossfade M-80 on-ear headphone
  7. Ray Samuels Audio DarkStar headphone amplifier
  8. Ray Samuels Audio SR-71B fully balanced portable headphone amplifier
  9. ALO Audio RX Mk3 portable headphone amplifier
  10. Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo portable iDevice DAC
  11. Fostex HP-P1 portable headphone amplifier and iDevice DAC
  12. JH Audio JH-3A DSP amplifier
  13. JH Audio JH-16 Pro custom in-ear monitor
  14. STAX SR-009 open-back electrostatic earspeakers
  15. Woo Audio WES electrostatic headphone amplifier
  16. HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition electrostatic headphone amplifier
  17. Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphone

Head-Fi TV Episode 014 produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 49
rs220 looks amazing! i have been considering hd 600s for some time now, maybe rs220s will end up in my collection sometime in the future 
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 49
Great wrap up. Agreed on many points. Looking forward to part 2.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #6 of 49
Jude said the diaphram of the LCD3 is lighter than that of the LCD2, does that mean it will have less weight than the LCD2 as well? If yes, that's very good news!

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 49
The diaphram is very light already in the LCD2, but the LCD3's is 1/6th the weight of the LCD2. It will have no effect on the weight of the headphone itself since it was so light to begin with.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #10 of 49
Another great video, looking forward to part two. I was wondering if you still thought the SR-009 king after all the excitement over the LCD3. Only a small point, but I think I preferred the 'sat at your desk' presentation over the 'green screen' style - very professionally done either way though. Thanks.

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #13 of 49
Quote:
Another great video, looking forward to part two. I was wondering if you still thought the SR-009 king after all the excitement over the LCD3. Only a small point, but I think I preferred the 'sat at your desk' presentation over the 'green screen' style - very professionally done either way though. Thanks.

I have to agree here. Though it's perhaps a good format for an episode that covers so many products like this one, the sat-at-your-desk ones seem somehow easier to watch. I guess it's because I like to spend my time admiring all the cool gear you have in your office!

And a great summary overall, looking forward to the next episode and the Tokyo coverage. Was there any success in recording the panel, by the way?

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #14 of 49
Every bit of news on the LCD-3 is making the temptation of wallet poisoning much, much greater.

Nov 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 49
Quote:
The diaphram is very light already in the LCD2, but the LCD3's is 1/6th the weight of the LCD2. It will have no effect on the weight of the headphone itself since it was so light to begin with.

You're right. I totally forgot it's the magnets that makes up the weight, not the diaphram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back