CanJam @ RMAF 2011: Show Highlights (part 1 of 2) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 014
Dec 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #46 of 49
any estimate on the price for the alo rx mk3?
is there any talk of putting it in a single chassis with the clas, ala the fostex unit? that'd certainly make it a lot more appealing rather than having to carry around an extra box.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #47 of 49
Quote:
any estimate on the price for the alo rx mk3?
is there any talk of putting it in a single chassis with the clas, ala the fostex unit? that'd certainly make it a lot more appealing rather than having to carry around an extra box.

He lives!

(I guess we inhabit different threads.)

No price yet on the MK3, Dave, and no indication that ALO wil combine units either.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #48 of 49
Quote:
He lives!
(I guess we inhabit different threads.)
No price yet on the MK3, Dave, and no indication that ALO wil combine units either.

i haven't been inhabiting h-f so much lately - busy with other stuff. good to see you, buddy!

i'm wondering if alo thinks it's against their economic interests to bundle it (loss of cable sales etc) but additional volume may make up for that. who wants to deal with extra boxes, bulk, and bux for needless extra cables?! and with fostex making that easy, and i'd imagine others to follow, alo risks losing customers and market share. imo they should continue to offer them as separates as undoubtedly there exists that sort of a market, but there is also a market for the simpler, cleaner, and cheaper one box solution!

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #49 of 49
I think that there is a certain psychology at work by which people balk at spending $1,000 on a portable unit but don't think twice about spending that and more on multiple boxes and cables. We are seeing some of that pushback in the iBasso DX100 thread (although we don't actually know its price yet.)

Good to see you too! Glad glad that you have a life outside of Head-Fi.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back