Can I amp the Audio Technica M50 to be as bassy as beats pro?
Jun 30, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #17 of 110
+1 for the E6. It has 2 bass boost options too.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #19 of 110
Quote:
And I have 1 question for my beats, would a fiio e3 be ok for it to be louder or do you guys think its trash?

The E3 sucks hard.....E6 is decent, E11 is better ( moar power!!! )

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #21 of 110
Quote:
you should sell your beats and get something better really xD

Would the pro 900 be a great alternative? btw this was a present from my dad so its acts of kindness like these that stay with me, anyways my biggest worry with them would be not having the earth shattering bass that the pros have even with an amp like the fiio e6, e7 or e 11

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #22 of 110
I second Sony XB700, I have a pair and the bass is very strong on them or if you can still find the XB1000 go for those. Not sure if you can grab the XB1000s because they were discontinued. One thing about those two cans are that if you have a small head, you'll look ridiculous since the drivers + the pads are really big. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #23 of 110
=1153&graphID[]=1193&graphID[]=2941&graphID[]=2191]I ran a nice little comparison graph between the XB500, the XB700, the ATH-M50, and the Shure SRH750DJ. 

The XB500 has the most mid-bass (the stuff you hear), and the XB700 has the most sub-bass (stuff you feel). However, I can attest that the ATH-M50s can get really bassy with Bass Boosts (from an amp or an Android app) and equalization (from an Android app, in your case). I'm almost certain that the SRH750s can do the same.

Good luck! 

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #25 of 110
Honestly, every piece of equipment recommended here is going to be more then adequate for your needs. And if there isn't enough bass, you download an equalizer and add more! It's simple! 

Go with whatever pair you're drawn to. They're all good. That's the magic of Head-Fi. When we get into arguments over what's the best piece of equipment, nobody is ever wrong because everybody has done research. We may disagree, but it's never quite as simple as, "HEADPHONE X IS GOOD AND HEADPHONE Y IS AWFUL!" It's more of a "Headphone X and Headphone Y are both very formidable in their price range, but I prefer Headphone X slightly for reasons A, B and C." 

So even if it looks like information overload (it is), realize that there's no way to screw this up. 

(Unless you buy from any brand that I don't personally approve of.) 
wink_face.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #26 of 110
Quote:
My terrible phone, a tmobile comet, I am also looking for an amp since I have to put it to full loudness just to be a comfortable listening level for my beats pro

lose the phone, cop an iPod or some other mp3 player.

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #27 of 110
Quote:
lose the phone, cop an iPod or some other mp3 player.

i dont think he wants sound quality, i think he wants a massive amount of bass. in this case, xb500 is all you need and of course an amp that has bass boost will furthermore boost the bass quantity. i have tried full bass boost with my fiio e17 to my xb500, its nice to experience but ill never do that for regular listening

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #28 of 110
then why is he consulting headfi?

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #29 of 110
actually rereading the op's original post, he does seem like he wants some sound quality but first priority seems to be the headphone has to match beats pro's bass quantity.

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #30 of 110
Quote:
then why is he consulting headfi?

To a lot of people out there, big bass equals great sound....like a former co-worker that had 3 15" subs in a Mitsubishi Eclipse! 
basshead.gif

(I certainly don't subscribe to that notion, however) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back