Campfire - Solaris
Jan 13, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #11,611 of 12,035
It seems CFA has officially discontinued the Solaris 2020-- I wonder how long until a new flagship is announced.
Judging from the marketing material of Saber, it sounds like they may be looking to release more models with their new DD's... possibly in a similar dual configuration. Hopefully they don't tune in like Saber, that graph looks horrendous.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 15.37.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 15.37.26.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #11,612 of 12,035
Judging from the marketing material of Saber, it sounds like they may be looking to release more models with their new DD's... possibly in a similar dual configuration. Hopefully they don't tune in like Saber, that graph looks horrendous.

I've learned never to judge IEMs by graphs but yeah the sum of the reports I've read so far suggest that it's not something I'd be into at all. From them I'd love to see a hybrid with e-stats or a single DD in a ceramic shell with a more neutral tuning. We'll see. They love to experiment, which necessarily results in some hits and misses...but on the whole their upper tier offerings (>$1K) tend to very consistently good.

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #11,613 of 12,035
I've learned never to judge IEMs by graphs but yeah the sum of the reports I've read so far suggest that it's not something I'd be into at all. From them I'd love to see a hybrid with e-stats or a single DD in a ceramic shell with a more neutral tuning. We'll see. They love to experiment, which necessarily results in some hits and misses...but on the whole their upper tier offerings (>$1K) tend to very consistently good.
Well yeah, given my love for the Dorado 2020 I've also learnt to not be so hasty to judge an IEM by how it graphs but in this instance I think I can safely assume that I wouldn't get along Saber. I would be surprised if Campfire journeys into E-stats but hopefully I'm incorrect ... they'll be putting themselves in the direct firing line of some of the big boys if they do and it's priced higher than Solaris.

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #11,614 of 12,035
Jan 14, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #11,615 of 12,035
Trying a bit of cable rolling with a few IEMs lately - which i havent done for a bit.
Attempting to capture a certain sound signature i cant describe yet - but will know it when it all comes together.

E05841FE-FBD5-4C27-8C62-9DF0EDC332B8.jpeg

Campfire Audio Solaris w/ Double Helix Cable (Symbiote SE V4), iBasso DX240 w/amp8EX. And various IEMs in a ddhifi carry case.

*photo taken on a common white desk under ugly strip lights at one of my places of work.

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #11,616 of 12,035
Now I've owned them for 6 weeks, I think I can safely say the Solaris is my favourite piece of audio gear that I've ever owned. For the record, those are the Focal Clear, Campfire Andromeda, Focal Elegia, B&W P9, TH909.

The Solaris have everything you could want technically, detail, amazing sound-staging, tonal balance and a full bass, but they manage to do it in iem form. They challenge full size, open back headphones, but its an IEM you can wear anywhere, heck you can workout with it if you wanted.

To me that is wild. To get good audio often you have to be in the very constrained scenario of sitting at a desk. Not with these, what an absolute feat of engineering. Sometimes I'm even at my desk now, and I put the P9 on, and think, 'ah, this would sound better on Solaris', and I switch to the iems.

Madness!

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #11,617 of 12,035
Notice some very small chipping of the black paint on my Solaris 2020, anyone have an idea how to maybe “touch up” the imperfections that have arisen from very normal use?! I haven’t beaten these up or anything!

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #11,620 of 12,035
Notice some very small chipping of the black paint on my Solaris 2020, anyone have an idea how to maybe “touch up” the imperfections that have arisen from very normal use?! I haven’t beaten these up or anything!
I have too but i think it is a bit complicated to touch up

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #11,621 of 12,035
I had the black finish wearing off on the edges of my Solaris 2020 along with one of the stainless steel nozzles coming off. I contacted Campfire and they had me send them back and they replaced them.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #11,622 of 12,035
Despite all the eye-rolling it will induce from the peanut gallery is anyone here hoping that CFA's next flagship is another Solaris-- perhaps more tweaked & refined from the 2020? I sure am. Solaris was my first love and despite everything I've been through since and have in my possession now I'd love to have another Solaris in my life...and I have eminent faith in CFA's capacity to refine & improve their products.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #11,623 of 12,035
Despite all the eye-rolling it will induce from the peanut gallery is anyone here hoping that CFA's next flagship is another Solaris-- perhaps more tweaked & refined from the 2020? I sure am. Solaris was my first love and despite everything I've been through since and have in my possession now I'd love to have another Solaris in my life...and I have eminent faith in CFA's capacity to refine & improve their products.
I'm hoping they come out with some sort of new flagship...whether it's another Solaris derivative or a completely new model. I still love my Solaris LE and Andro Gold Ti's. I would guess a higher-end IEM based on the Sabre is in the works?

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #11,624 of 12,035
I'm hoping they come out with some sort of new flagship...whether it's another Solaris derivative or a completely new model. I still love my Solaris LE and Andro Gold Ti's. I would guess a higher-end IEM based on the Sabre is in the works?

From the website it seems they'll be making more available...whether it will be a higher end product is hard to say. Based on reports it seems to be a rather niche IEM though so I'm not sure if it's the best candidate for a flagship...who knows. I'm excited to see what they are cooking up either way.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #11,625 of 12,035
It is pretty amazing to see the explosion of products on the CA page! Even just in the last year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back