Campfire - Solaris
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #11,583 of 12,035
555 yes .iam sorry
The Solaris SE and Z1R are very different. The Z1R's bass is much better than the Solaris's but it requires a lot of power. The treble is also very unique on the Z1R due to the DD tweeter. The mids do sound like they are lacking in comparison to the Solaris SE though and sound quite recessed. The Solaris is also a lot more balanced where the Z1R sounds more 'V' shaped.

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #11,584 of 12,035
if Solaris SE vs z1r which one is better ? Which one do you like more? and sen ie900I'm deciding these 3 things. I can't choose.
Which z1r? I only have the MDR-Z1R which is a headphone and I use 99% of the time with the TA-ZH1ES.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #11,586 of 12,035
Please someone confirm this situation? i tried these tips on solaris and vega 2020: complyfoam 400, final e types and spinfit cp500.
i thought that nozzles on campfire iem was alla egual. but the nozzle on solaris seems shorter and larger and on vega longer and tighter.
so for example final e type and spinfit cp 500 fit perfectly on solaris when i had difficulty to put comply. in reversa, the comply and final e fits perfect on vega when spinfit comes out of the nozzle

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #11,588 of 12,035
Edit Sep. 25.

The Blackbird S30 surpass the ++ again. With the S30, the Solaris has more emotion in vocals and more precision in the treble

Small update.

A lot has happened to me in the past few days.
I have finally achieved the optimal seal with the ++.
Now these are clear favorites for me.
Out of curiosity, I tried again with Crinacles Harman presets.
After lowering the range between 3-5khz about 3 dB, I couldn't believe my ears. Adjusted in this way, the Solaris plays again much more authentically and realistically.
The sub-bass comes out much clearer. Eliminating the 2khz peak also has great benefits.

I would be happy if someone here would try these settings and report...

Screenshot_20210923-140228_Neutron Player.jpgScreenshot_20210923-140243_Neutron Player.jpg
Which Solaris model do you have? I can't remember, but these EQ tweaks look intriguing.
I have the Solaris 2020 personally.

Jan 8, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #11,589 of 12,035
Has anyone out there heard or got any direct intel from someone who has heard the Shrink Ray? Really curious how it stands up sonically to other Solari.

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #11,590 of 12,035
Has anyone out there heard or got any direct intel from someone who has heard the Shrink Ray? Really curious how it stands up sonically to other Solari.
Curious about this as well. I have the original Solaris & 2020 version; considering selling them both and just picking up the Shrink Ray version.

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #11,592 of 12,035
Isn’t it just the 2020 Version with gold faceplates?

And some minor tweaks to the FR in the mid-bass/lower mid area apparently.

Jan 9, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #11,594 of 12,035
There are some questions on a comparison of the IER Z1R and The Solaris, so here is my view. I am keeping both but some guidance if you were to decide one over the other:-

1. The Solaris is a lot more balanced in it's sound. I can listen to a broader range of music on the Solaris OG than I can on the z1r, the mids and highs are perfect. The low end is ample but the low end on the Z1R is far deeper, more pronounced and smoother. I would say if you like EDM the solaris still makes the Synths sound better and panning sounds far more holographic on the Solaris.

2. The IER Z1R didn't really have resolving treble when I first got it, I switched the sock cable for the ALO Ref 8 (Yes.. the irony), and he improvement to treble was perhaps the biggest difference I have ever heard a cable making to any of my audio equipment. The difference is perhaps on par with changing those stock audio cables you used to get with cheap VCRs and then swapping them to proper RCAs. I was truly shocked, as the ref 8 didnt make a huge change on the Solaris. The tridents made a difference, again the change was minor compared to what the Z1R get from the ref 8.. so well done Ken!

In terms of treble, after the ref 8 addition the treble is beautiful, in fact a lot better than what I had heard before from the solaris. The solaris sound rather veiled in treble when comparing them. The low end is where this IEM tears itself away from the Solaris. With Drum & Bass music the bass adds real heft to everything you listen to, the definition is on point and unmistakably good.

At the end of all of this, I sold my Shure SE846 immediately after getting the Solaris, as the sound was so much better I ended up selling the Shure not long after, I thought adding the Atlas would give me more low end extension, so I ended up getting the Atlas, they did not sound great.. the Solaris was much better so that went.

The ierZ1r is great for what it does, but with the WM1Z as the source it isn't really shining, so going to check in on a few other amplifiers including desktop amplifiers. It does have qualities that make it a better proposition than the Solaris OG, however the differences where it leads don't make the music sound better for what I listen to.

If you are in my position and want to sell your Solaris OG / Solaris please have a listen to the Z1R in advance.. I don't quite regret the purchase to sell it like I did it with the others, but I am still impressed by the Solaris OG. It really is a strong contender against some of the mid-high end IEMs.

PS: They look lovey together :D
7GbmhXQ.png

Jan 9, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #11,595 of 12,035
There are some questions on a comparison of the IER Z1R and The Solaris, so here is my view. I am keeping both but some guidance if you were to decide one over the other:-

1. The Solaris is a lot more balanced in it's sound. I can listen to a broader range of music on the Solaris OG than I can on the z1r, the mids and highs are perfect. The low end is ample but the low end on the Z1R is far deeper, more pronounced and smoother. I would say if you like EDM the solaris still makes the Synths sound better and panning sounds far more holographic on the Solaris.

2. The IER Z1R didn't really have resolving treble when I first got it, I switched the sock cable for the ALO Ref 8 (Yes.. the irony), and he improvement to treble was perhaps the biggest difference I have ever heard a cable making to any of my audio equipment. The difference is perhaps on par with changing those stock audio cables you used to get with cheap VCRs and then swapping them to proper RCAs. I was truly shocked, as the ref 8 didnt make a huge change on the Solaris. The tridents made a difference, again the change was minor compared to what the Z1R get from the ref 8.. so well done Ken!

In terms of treble, after the ref 8 addition the treble is beautiful, in fact a lot better than what I had heard before from the solaris. The solaris sound rather veiled in treble when comparing them. The low end is where this IEM tears itself away from the Solaris. With Drum & Bass music the bass adds real heft to everything you listen to, the definition is on point and unmistakably good.

At the end of all of this, I sold my Shure SE846 immediately after getting the Solaris, as the sound was so much better I ended up selling the Shure not long after, I thought adding the Atlas would give me more low end extension, so I ended up getting the Atlas, they did not sound great.. the Solaris was much better so that went.

The ierZ1r is great for what it does, but with the WM1Z as the source it isn't really shining, so going to check in on a few other amplifiers including desktop amplifiers. It does have qualities that make it a better proposition than the Solaris OG, however the differences where it leads don't make the music sound better for what I listen to.

If you are in my position and want to sell your Solaris OG / Solaris please have a listen to the Z1R in advance.. I don't quite regret the purchase to sell it like I did it with the others, but I am still impressed by the Solaris OG. It really is a strong contender against some of the mid-high end IEMs.

PS: They look lovey together :D
7GbmhXQ.png
Sounds like you need a source with more power tbh. The differences between the lows and highs between both should quite drastic even with the Z1R’s stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back