Campfire - Solaris
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #11,372 of 12,035
my wallet needs to hate me more.
I feel this and agree, I keep browsing other IEMs expecting as soon as I get one a new Solaris will drop.

Sep 9, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #11,373 of 12,035
I feel this and agree, I keep browsing other IEMs expecting as soon as I get one a new Solaris will drop.
Maybe try blowing $ome on a nice ‘fat’ cable... That way, you won’t necessarily ‘need’ to change the cable {termination dependant} or the iems until the ‘new’ babies land.
{You can always keep the cable}

It’s a win win!

Wallet is then your Bessie friend, shall respect you and you’ll then be rewarded.

...we all get that itch.

Just a suggestion.

I’ve gone all Voodoo, right inbetween a sonic spell. I’ve only had these ‘Black Majiks’ for 7 days now in tandem with PW Audio’s No:10 Cable {Anniversary} and their singing boy!!

{see what I did there? Magic!}

Attachments

• CF2F7F60-66C5-4807-A0E6-4B5D08AE1909.jpeg
    CF2F7F60-66C5-4807-A0E6-4B5D08AE1909.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #11,374 of 12,035
"Fat cables" does the pretty job well...

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #11,376 of 12,035
The LE sounds like the OG, but more etched/shouty (at least the pair I got to try). Not technical advantage.
The 2020 is worse in pretty much all aspects compared the bigger shelled brothers.
I, myself, prefer the SE overall. Their midrange is to die for and the sound is more even / balanced than the OG (whose mids are more withdrawn). A bit thicker in the mids, but also less energetic in the treble.
I think they are better technically, but the tonality is different enough that some might prefer the OG/LE.
I made a big mistake recently and sold the 2020. But fortunately the universe is kind to me.
Around here someone sells the SE.
I hope that this sounds even better than the 2020.
The only thing I had to complain about there was that it sometimes sounded a bit too sharp in the highs.
The Spiral Dot helped.
Now I also have the dot ++ here.
I am excited

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #11,377 of 12,035
I made a big mistake recently and sold the 2020. But fortunately the universe is kind to me.
Around here someone sells the SE.
I hope that this sounds even better than the 2020.
The only thing I had to complain about there was that it sometimes sounded a bit too sharp in the highs.
The Spiral Dot helped.
Now I also have the dot ++ here.
I am excited
They do. Easily.

Sep 17, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #11,378 of 12,035
Yes. I think so too.
The Spiral Dot ++ lift it up further...

PSX_20210917_194654.jpg

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #11,379 of 12,035
Yes. I think so too.
The Spiral Dot ++ lift it up further...

Happy to see you're having nice time.
I have a question regarding these Spiral Dots tips. They're very expensive here (35$ a pair) so I need to make sure I'm ordering the right size. Is the size the same as included Final E? for example if I'm using M or ML final-e, should I go the same size for JVC? (Xelastecs was a size smaller so MS was good for me)
EDIT: I found this for Azla vs Final vs JVC. can you confirm with your experience?
Untitled-3.jpg

Attachments

• azla-vs-final.jpg
    azla-vs-final.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #11,380 of 12,035
Yep👍

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #11,381 of 12,035
When comparing Spiral Dot and ++, I still don't have a clear favorite.
Today I ordered the Xelastec.
20210920_112510.jpg

Sep 20, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #11,382 of 12,035
Hi,
V Recently joined Head-Fi...
Been scanning and absorbing various threads here for some time though, seeking impressions, knowledge & perspectives relative to my own audio path. Thought it was about time to get involved.

Head-fi has been extremely helpful and informative for me {this Solaris thread recently in particular.} So a HUGE thanks to ‘one and all’ who have contributed, I’ve learnt so much... You would not believe.

laughed my anus off too! Some real characters on here that probably don’t even know it! Respect.

So... On my fourth day with the Solaris2020’s now {they had 80/100 hours on them when purchased, just over 200+ hrs now} and I’m enjoying them immensely!
Currently using an iphone 11/IPad Air {HQ Utube streams mainly discovering/Tidal/Apple Music}> OG Hugo> PW Audio No:10> Solaris 2020> Sedna Xelastecs tips and am pretty content I’m getting there.

Presently in the process of converting my CD collection into as HiRes as poss files {attempt at lightening my load} with the intention of getting them onto a relatively decent Dap + SD cards/Hdrives.

Done a bit of reading and seen recommendations for Daps on this thread also {Sony, Ak, Cayin, Shanling etc.} Curious to know if anyone has tried the Cowon Plenue 2 with Solaris at all?

If not, Would greatly appreciate any rec/advice on any half decent SQ mid-fi alternatives, not necessarily too concerned regarding their ability to stream however.

...cheers in advance!
Hi, I am using the Cowon Plenue 2 and can confirm that it's great with Solaris! Actually, all Plenues are great with Solaris - mainly because they provide for a completely black background, even with the most sensible IEMs.

Sep 20, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #11,383 of 12,035
Hi, I am using the Cowon Plenue 2 and can confirm that it's great with Solaris! Actually, all Plenues are great with Solaris - mainly because they provide for a completely black background, even with the most sensible IEMs.
Cheers for your response... That’s great news! I had narrowed it down to the Plenue 2 and Cayin N3Pro and have just about been leaning towards the P2. Both are pretty reasonably priced atm, so been a hard decision...

Literally about to pull the trigger, Reviews/Impressions are edged by the P2 I’d say so very grateful for your opinion here!

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #11,384 of 12,035
When comparing Spiral Dot and ++, I still don't have a clear favorite.
Today I ordered the Xelastec.20210920_112510.jpg
Xelastecs are great except that they deform over time and lose their elasticity. I used a pair for half a year and now they even don't hang on to the nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back