Campfire - Solaris
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #6,511 of 12,035
N.B. for you who dont believe cable, Ok. but respect for us who have tried it...
I'm truly respect cables, that's why i'm asking for your opinions here, not just for fun, and many thanks for your thoughts and experience, i'm trying to choose best pairing with what available to me here, i can easily reach dunu hulk and Janus B that i can't for example, same with original Solaris and future limited edition, there is some guys with great possibilities to "trade-in" "old" Solaris for new, but unfortunately i have only one shot for every gear :)

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #6,512 of 12,035
I'm truly respect cables, that's why i'm asking for your opinions here, not just for fun, and many thanks for your thoughts and experience, i'm trying to choose best pairing with what available to me here, i can easily reach dunu hulk and Janus B that i can't for example, same with original Solaris and future limited edition, there is some guys with great possibilities to "trade-in" "old" Solaris for new, but unfortunately i have only one shot for every gear :)
Get the hulk , you won’t regret it ! ( get a good cable clip with it , cause of the weight ) I use a clip from penon
9E1CE25B-E056-42FE-8E10-3EA534706C95.jpeg
A3853B76-0AE2-4D74-8A44-0F1778BE481F.jpeg

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #6,513 of 12,035

Understand that feeling... till further info about the new solaris, we assumed we just find the best pairing...

A challenge has been raise, a couple of friend will try to blind test me with these cables... hope it will happened...

If you only care about Bass, Dita Oslo has unique signature effect on Solaris Mid bass, It gave Texture... Based on my exp.

other alternative is PEQ, but This still blind area for me, and need to study or talk to more exp guys about this...

Get the hulk , you won’t regret it ! ( get a good cable clip with it , cause of the weight ) I use a clip from penon
Yes... Its a very Nice cable... Will try it soon...

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #6,514 of 12,035
Legitimate question to the people who hear significant difference between cables:

So far, in all of the serious tests I've read about, people cannot distinguish sound differences between cables in any kind of blind test (that includes myself, both blind and sighted). So I would like to ask you, are you also able to tell cables apart in blind or ABX tests or have you never tried? Thanks!

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #6,515 of 12,035
Legitimate question to the people who hear significant difference between cables:

So far, in all of the serious tests I've read about, people cannot distinguish sound differences between cables in any kind of blind test (that includes myself, both blind and sighted). So I would like to ask you, are you also able to tell cables apart in blind or ABX tests or have you never tried? Thanks!
Yes , the difference in tonality from Thor silver 2 to dunu hulk is easy noticeable

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #6,516 of 12,035
Yes , the difference in tonality from Thor silver 2 to dunu hulk is easy noticeable
OK, but my question was not whether cables sound differently, but rather if the people who hear the differences also do so in a blind test. Should I interpret your answer to say that you did perform a blind test on yourself and could tell them apart?

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #6,517 of 12,035
OK, but my question was not whether cables sound differently, but rather if the people who hear the differences also do so in a blind test. Should I interpret your answer to say that you did perform a blind test on yourself and could tell them apart?
I did not yet , but I’m 90 % sure I can tell you blind which is which .. I will check .. need a person for help with that :D

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #6,518 of 12,035
Will be having this soon and I'll give my impression. Though im still scared with the unit variation issue with Solaris. From the FR, I might be liking this signature. It matches a lil bit with KSE1200 curve so the highs should have separated and well staged. But yeh, fr cant tell everything so ill give a listen.

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,519 of 12,035
Will be having this soon and I'll give my impression. Though im still scared with the unit variation issue with Solaris. From the FR, I might be liking this signature. It matches a lil bit with KSE1200 curve so the highs should have separated and well staged. But yeh, fr cant tell everything so ill give a listen.
I heard about unit variation in the beginning of production and there were too much words, too little proofs, BTW where i can see number of my pair?

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #6,520 of 12,035
I heard about unit variation in the beginning of production and there were too much words, too little proofs, BTW where i can see number of my pair?
each pair has its own warranty card. I think numbers are there.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #6,522 of 12,035

Janus d is a solid cable with Solaris and lotoo paw gold. I think Thor silver ii 8wire is solid as well. Listen to electronic, folk, rock, and classical

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #6,525 of 12,035
same. Bass is perfect. I’d be worried having more bass would muddy the mids and mids are the most important to me.
Yes... I also agree with this statement, Based on FR graph (which I am still learning btw), High vocal / female vocal will be my concern. No, its not wrong etc. it just compensating, if you want more mid Bass, the vocal will get affected. This is why I am buying a lot of copper cable with various material.
According to my friend, it will be easy if I just play with PEQ.... been trying, not getting what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back