Campfire - Solaris
Oct 22, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #6,496 of 12,035
If I hadn’t heard the limited edition + had this amazing option to sell mine...
I guess I wouldn’t care about the new model. The differences were not that big. It was more like upgrading from a stock cable to a good after market one from EA or Plussound.

Edit: at least for me and my experiences with after market cables although I had not the chance to hear something like Leonidas

IMG-20191016-WA0009.jpeg
EA janus B... best pairing with Solaris for me...
if new Solaris sound like the pairing... well I don't need to buy that cable...

hehehe... never ending of spending...

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #6,498 of 12,035
Well, so many wants to sell original Solaris, are you really not satisfied by this iem, or just to be "in stream", i'm listening it now, and don't understand what else you need from iem. Honestly, those "imperfection" in low region easily can be removed by adding some bass from your DAP, bass is very well controlled here, also changed couple different cables and it also change character but not much. Overall i'm very positive about this iem, very beautiful sound signature, massive soundstage :)

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #6,499 of 12,035
Well, so many wants to sell original Solaris, are you really not satisfied by this iem, or just to be "in stream", i'm listening it now, and don't understand what else you need from iem. Honestly, those "imperfection" in low region easily can be removed by adding some bass from your DAP, bass is very well controlled here, also changed couple different cables and it also change character but not much. Overall i'm very positive about this iem, very beautiful sound signature, massive soundstage :)
Good point, glad to hear you like it..

For me, prob my cup of tea is changing, Warm, so additional Bass will interest me...
but changing to other IEM.. not in a while...
Yes, Solaris isn't perfect... but still fits my ear. I prefer DD bass then BA bass...

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #6,500 of 12,035
I really like the Solaris and I usually wouldn’t care about the new model. But I have a great deal for my „old“ ones. If the price of the limited edition is about the same as the original (what I was told) I just have to pay a small amount (propably even less than a cheap cable upgrade).
So for me it is an easy choice.

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #6,501 of 12,035
I am very satisfied with the Solaris; it fits my preferences very well. However, it doesn't mean that it's perfect - there are a few aspects that can be improved, albeit in the slightest of ways. Yes, you can tweak the EQ, and I seem to be doing that more often these days, but I'd just rather have a Solaris 2.0, with the more pronounced bass baked right in. Well, my ears will decide if the V2 is worth the upgrade. :)

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #6,502 of 12,035
Unpopular opinion: Solaris has just enough bass for me!
It is still interesting to see how CA tunes the new limited edition though.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #6,505 of 12,035
subbass was great , but lacks a bit midbass punch :frowning2:
My dear midbass lover, can you share your thoughts about Dunu Hulk, planning to buy this cable from release, but have zero info instead that it's very durable and versatile (Captain obvious on the duty), but what about sound, what pros and cons, thanks :)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #6,506 of 12,035
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #6,507 of 12,035
Oct 24, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #6,508 of 12,035
My dear midbass lover, can you share your thoughts about Dunu Hulk, planning to buy this cable from release, but have zero info instead that it's very durable and versatile (Captain obvious on the duty), but what about sound, what pros and cons, thanks :)

in short :

Pros & Cons:

• + Remarkable Improvements of the Sound Quality
  • + Subbass Depth and Extension
  • + Additional Clarity and Fullness in the Midrange and Treble Region
  • + Soundstage Improvements
  • + Quick Switching Connectors
  • + Premium Build Quality and Packaging

• – heavy

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #6,509 of 12,035
I love it when we discuss about cable..

Just sharing then, if you have access to EA Ares II Plus, u should try it...

IMO, usually LITZ copper based made you feel better detail Mid Bass with separation with Sub Bass.. but the draw back, u will fell the Mid a bit recess..

With AresII+ somehow the Mid will not recess.

below current quest with 26 AWG UPOCC chopper no Litz (up) vs 22 AWG OFC Copper Local made.
20191020_100245.jpg

newly acquired, 26 AWG 8 Core UP-OCC Copper (no Litz)(right), compare with 28 AWG 8 Core hybrid UPOCC Litz Copper & Pure Ag (Left)
20191023_065314.jpg

And still Why this Janus B still top of my list...
for the best Bass & Vocal experience... (Left side below)
20191016_171510.jpg
Is my curse had tried this forsaken Cable...
I have demoed Solaris with Janus B for more then 5 times, and wished there's some flaw or things that I can expose that it is oil snake... but be honest, it's damn good...

N.B. for you who dont believe cable, Ok. but respect for us who have tried it...

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #6,510 of 12,035
I love it when we discuss about cable..

Just sharing then, if you have access to EA Ares II Plus, u should try it...

IMO, usually LITZ copper based made you feel better detail Mid Bass with separation with Sub Bass.. but the draw back, u will fell the Mid a bit recess..

With AresII+ somehow the Mid will not recess.

below current quest with 26 AWG UPOCC chopper no Litz (up) vs 22 AWG OFC Copper Local made.

newly acquired, 26 AWG 8 Core UP-OCC Copper (no Litz)(right), compare with 28 AWG 8 Core hybrid UPOCC Litz Copper & Pure Ag (Left)

And still Why this Janus B still top of my list...
for the best Bass & Vocal experience... (Left side below)

Is my curse had tried this forsaken Cable...
I have demoed Solaris with Janus B for more then 5 times, and wished there's some flaw or things that I can expose that it is oil snake... but be honest, it's damn good...

N.B. for you who dont believe cable, Ok. but respect for us who have tried it...
2573F81C-3304-463B-BEC6-A72281DBFCD1.jpeg

the hulk vs Thor silver 2
For me , cable have definitely impact to the sound :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back