Campfire - Solaris
Oct 17, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #6,466 of 12,035
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but was hoping to join as I just received my Solaris yesterday. Listening to Daniil Trifonov playing Rachmaninov's Second Piano Concerto, and boy, do these IEMs throw a huge soundstage! I'm still trying to figure out which ear tips are the best fit in terms of comfort and sound.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #6,467 of 12,035
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but was hoping to join as I just received my Solaris yesterday. Listening to Daniil Trifonov playing Rachmaninov's Second Piano Concerto, and boy, do these IEMs throw a huge soundstage! I'm still trying to figure out which ear tips are the best fit in terms of comfort and sound.

spiral dots++ for good sound and comfort
Double flange, wide bore with symbio inserts for best sound but quite uncomfortable
Comply for pure comfort but you lose some detail and treble I find

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #6,468 of 12,035
I liked spiral dots the most with them

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #6,472 of 12,035
This was said on Super Best Audio Friends about the limited edition Solaris.

"I also asked about the rumored limited edition of the Solaris, and they confirmed that it will be released by the end of the year. Whether it will be a color change or change to the sound was undetermined yet, but it's something to look forward to."

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #6,473 of 12,035
This was said on Super Best Audio Friends about the limited edition Solaris.

"I also asked about the rumored limited edition of the Solaris, and they confirmed that it will be released by the end of the year. Whether it will be a color change or change to the sound was undetermined yet, but it's something to look forward to."
If it is only a color .. would be to boring :D

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #6,476 of 12,035
Hi ,

after trying several high-end IEMs my struggle with fit goes on they just don’t stay in my ear.

I have andromeda S ( I tired the standard and they seemed ok in the shop) but because these are heavier and after walking out doors. I can’t get a fit that stays in-ear.

I have very narrow ear canals and on top of that very sensitive ears so they don’t like deep insertion. Even customs where giving me trouble because they go too deep.

I’ve tried Symbio W same issue so imagine most recommenced tips will give me trouble.

I have tried a friends shures 846 and they would probably give me the best fit.

Was wondering if there any similar ears time to these I.e narrow and slow rising tips ?

tried comply and they don’t work either

I’m thinking of selling the andromeda S and just giving up on IEMs.

any recommendations on what to do next :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #6,477 of 12,035
Hi ,

after trying several high-end IEMs my struggle with fit goes on they just don’t stay in my ear.

I have andromeda S ( I tired the standard and they seemed ok in the shop) but because these are heavier and after walking out doors. I can’t get a fit that stays in-ear.

I have very narrow ear canals and on top of that very sensitive ears so they don’t like deep insertion. Even customs where giving me trouble because they go too deep.

I’ve tried Symbio W same issue so imagine most recommenced tips will give me trouble.

Was wondering if there any similar ears time to these I.e narrow and slow rising tips ?

If the fit from se846 fit you good , you could try the rha cl2, it’s near the same fit wise

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #6,479 of 12,035
Westone are also good for fit, they seem to manage shrinking their gear down extremely well.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #6,480 of 12,035
Hi ,

My wife has the same problem; her ears are small, and her canals are narrow. 90% of IEMs don't sit well in her ears, so in the end, she went for customs instead. The Westones offer the best fit, but she doesn't like any single one of the IEMs in their stable, so there's that.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have behemoth IEMs like the Solaris. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back