Campfire - Solaris
Oct 14, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #6,436 of 12,035
Oct 14, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #6,437 of 12,035
Best paring so far. Rme adi 2 dac + Pw audio 5th anniversary + CA Solaris

Nice copper cable...

Local made 22 AWG OCC Copper 4 core...
20191014_171214.jpg
the cable is stiff... but Sound great for Solaris Bass...

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #6,438 of 12,035
How do they sound with your GSX?
They have a terrible background noise with gsx mini. Not good. With rme I prefer 6.3 out. No hiss no background noise. The iem out is very clean but I feel lack of Dynamics. In the other hand I really like gsx mini with noble kahn.

20191010_181206.jpg

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #6,439 of 12,035
Nice copper cable...

Local made 22 AWG OCC Copper 4 core...

the cable is stiff... but Sound great for Solaris Bass...
The 5th anniversary give a tube sound like to the Solaris. With the stock cable I feel the highs a little harsh sometimes.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #6,440 of 12,035
They have a terrible background noise with gsx mini. Not good. With rme I prefer 6.3 out. No hiss no background noise. The iem out is very clean but I feel lack of Dynamics. In the other hand I really like gsx mini with noble kahn.

THX for the info. Because I am considering to buy an external amp for my ADI. And I am no fan of hiss. So the GSX would not work for me (the amp must work with anything I put in)

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #6,442 of 12,035
THX for the info. Because I am considering to buy an external amp for my ADI. And I am no fan of hiss. So the GSX would not work for me (the amp must work with anything I put in)
Just to be clear. Only with the solaris the noise. The gsx isnt made for iems. No noise with the headphones or with kahn or hylate5b. I love the gsx mini. Sound superb.

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #6,443 of 12,035
Just to be clear. Only with the solaris the noise. The gsx isnt made for iems. No noise with the headphones or with kahn or hylate5b. I love the gsx mini. Sound superb.
Obviously, the sensitivity of the IEM, it is very sensitive. The Zeus was another one prone to hiss with many DAPs and amps.

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #6,444 of 12,035
Hi guys, i'm new in posting here, but not in reading, want to buy Solaris, but little bit confused because of info about new limited Solaris, and then don't know, when it will released, am i be able to reach that ears, what price tag will be on those etc. So long question short - are you 100% satisfied by your Solarises? I have an Andromedas and DUNU-2002, and i was listening Solaris in audio store, they're was right out of the box, so i was not truly impressed by sound, understanding that burn-in process is a must...Sorry for my not great british english :)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #6,445 of 12,035
Hi guys, i'm new in posting here, but not in reading, want to buy Solaris, but little bit confused because of info about new limited Solaris, and then don't know, when it will released, am i be able to reach that ears, what price tag will be on those etc. So long question short - are you 100% satisfied by your Solarises? I have an Andromedas and DUNU-2002, and i was listening Solaris in audio store, they're was right out of the box, so i was not truly impressed by sound, understanding that burn-in process is a must...Sorry for my not great british english :)
If you didn’t like the sound out of the box .. you should look for another iem .. it changes but not that drastic ...

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #6,446 of 12,035
Yeah, the sound does not change very much, BUT I think despite Solaris not having that wow factor, after some hours you begin to appreciate it more and more. It grows on you like no other IEM!
But if you are not in a hurry, wait for the special limited version. you might prefer it to OG Solaris for sound or looks.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #6,447 of 12,035
Yeah, the sound does not change very much, BUT I think despite Solaris not having that wow factor, after some hours you begin to appreciate it more and more. It grows on you like no other IEM!
But if you are not in a hurry, wait for the special limited version. you might prefer it to OG Solaris for sound or looks.
im very curious about the special limited version ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back