Campfire - Solaris
Oct 10, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #6,406 of 12,035
hmm...

is there new FW update on M5s....?
20190503_162420.jpg

@Dsnuts fiio M11 Pro ??? new model again ?

DX160 looks promising..

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #6,409 of 12,035
A quite interesting session with Shanling M5s...

20191011_162336.jpg

supposed to be a short time demo, turns to 2 hours serious listening session...
2 things I highlight :
1) Bass, wow... it was the same like my DX221mk2. this was why became a long session...
black eyes peas "my hump", Problem "betta watch yo self", Hans Zimmer Inception Album.. all show great body bass, solid, not too detail sub bass, but was good exp.
2) Hiss, but it managed better then my DX221mk2.

20191011_160853.jpg

During my session, when I told the store guy, that M5s had a good bass, he looked at me intrigued... he pulled another Solaris.

20191011_162651.jpg

Hehehe... it was my CustomArt Eartip all along...
Using Standard Solaris with M5s, its dry Bright...
also my DX221mk2, Neutral to Bright...

well now I know, I must be very careful giving my opinion when Demoing...

The session taught me alot...

@Dsnuts, assuming u get a great seal... yes M5s is a great pairing with Solaris... count me in...

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #6,412 of 12,035
Hey there. Yesterday I was on a limited audio event and there was a world premier with something I’d never expected at that moment.
There is a new version of Solaris coming out. The unit I had the chance to listen to looked also quite different in colours (no gold on top and more looking like perlmut). To me the sound was quite similar but with a tiny bit more detail on the bass texture. I compared it with my own Solaris and unfortunately I like the new ones more :frowning2:

I had not much time with it. You can imagine why. I also had no chance to ask for a precise release date (but in the near future) but pricing should be similar.
Unfortunately this model will be limited to 750 units...

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #6,413 of 12,035
Hey there. Yesterday I was on a limited audio event and there was a world premier with something I’d never expected at that moment.
There is a new version of Solaris coming out. The unit I had the chance to listen to looked also quite different in colours (no gold on top and more looking like perlmut). To me the sound was quite similar but with a tiny bit more detail on the bass texture. I compared it with my own Solaris and unfortunately I like the new ones more :frowning2:

I had not much time with it. You can imagine why. I also had no chance to ask for a precise release date (but in the near future) but pricing should be similar.
Unfortunately this model will be limited to 750 units...

Solaris special edition black? Lolsss

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #6,414 of 12,035
Solaris special edition black? Lolsss
Yes it was mainly black with a perlmut like cover where usually the gold from the other one is

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #6,416 of 12,035
interesting... did the bass seem boosted? Or just more textured? They might of stuck another 10mm DD in there following in the footsteps of the legend. A bass head Solaris :scream: TAKE MY MONEY KB
It’s definitely no bass head IEM :)
Can’t really say if it’s boosted because of the time I had. But it I heard much more textures in Synthesizers (music from Kraftwerk) in the mid to upper bass region.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #6,417 of 12,035
It’s definitely no bass head IEM :)
Can’t really say if it’s boosted because of the time I had. But it I heard much more textures in Synthesizers (music from Kraftwerk) in the mid to upper bass region.

piqued my interest. Although I was really after a hybrid bass head iem like the legend... I’ll keep my eyes peeled!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #6,418 of 12,035
I had the Nobel Khan, Empire Ears Legend X and The Wraith, Tia Noir as well as the 12 and 18 driver unit to compare as well. And i definitely preferred the new Solaris version.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #6,420 of 12,035
Well how much better did you feel that it was than the original??
I really liked it. I wouldn’t say it is that big jump in sound quality. But I preferred it because of the better bass. If I had to put it in numbers I would say (please take it with a grain of salt) somewhere between 5-10% (soundstage felt like it had a bit more depth too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back