Campfire - Solaris
Oct 16, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #6,453 of 12,035
how does the legend x stack up with the golds and the Solaris?

IMHO Solaris > LX > AG

The bass of the LX is wonderful but I prefer the midrange and overall presentation of the Solaris. AG is ok but I found the bass a little congested and it lacks the holographic sound stage and natural presentation of Solaris. If this limited edition Solaris has like 10% more bass impact I will be seriously tempted by it.

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,454 of 12,035
IMHO Solaris > LX > AG

The bass of the LX is wonderful but I prefer the midrange and overall presentation of the Solaris. AG is ok but I found the bass a little congested and it lacks the holographic sound stage and natural presentation of Solaris. If this limited edition Solaris has like 10% more bass impact I will be seriously tempted by it.

What are the differences in the presentation of the legend x and Solaris? Do you mean the v sound sig compared to the balanced / mid centric Solaris? I have been very tempted by the 2 DD in each earpiece of the x tbh ... I do enjoy my bass

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #6,455 of 12,035
What are the differences in the presentation of the legend x and Solaris? Do you mean the v sound sig compared to the balanced / mid centric Solaris? I have been very tempted by the 2 DD in each earpiece of the x tbh ... I do enjoy my bass

Yes the Solaris' presentation is more balanced and the LX is more v-shaped. LX would make a great 2nd IEM and would be a wonderful complement to Solaris but if I had to pick only one I would choose balance over bass. YMMV though. If you want a great bassy IEM the LX would be hard to top.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #6,456 of 12,035
how does the legend x stack up with the golds and the Solaris?
For me , LX is the better sounding iem .
You get a much better and more powerful bass . Way more impact . It’s a fuller sounding iem . With really great technicalities trough the 10 way crossover . So for me LX - AG - Solaris

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #6,457 of 12,035
But don’t get me wrong , I loved the Solaris too. But if you direct compare it to legend x they sound light and thin . Lx sounds fuller . It’s a matter of preference:wink: if you have the chance demo them by yourself , but be warned .. you may fall in Love :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #6,458 of 12,035
It’s going to be a pre order for me I think. I love the original Solaris and my only gripe (which isn’t really a gripe) but I just wanted a little more mid bass.
I hope ur fitting and seal are good.
Costumed ear tips can make the bass more body and textures... with the help of this baby..

IMG-20191016-WA0009.jpeg

Well Solaris is not a bass canon type, but with the pair above... it became a weighted detail bass, a detail recess mid and smooth High with clarity & extend airy..
it seems I got bingo... hope it last longer before my cup of tea changes... the dilemma of this hobbies...

edit : the picture wont upload... yesterday, was trying Janus B again for quite some time, was hoping that it will not give good affect, well the result is otherwise, still it gave a great sound for me...
hikz... I am sad because I am getting less reason to not buy again...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #6,459 of 12,035
I hope ur fitting and seal are good.
Costumed ear tips can make the bass more body and textures... with the help of this baby..

Well Solaris is not a bass canon type, but with the pair above... it became a weighted detail bass, a detail recess mid and smooth High with clarity & extend airy..
it seems I got bingo... hope it last longer before my cup of tea changes... the dilemma of this hobbies...

I have tried every tip choice under the sun besides the custom option... just coming from the Atlas doesn’t really help matters. The sub bass is great and keeps things planted and the Pw Loki 8 wire makes it even more weightier but I just feel it is a little too polite for my tastes sometimes

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #6,460 of 12,035
I have tried every tip choice under the sun besides the custom option... just coming from the Atlas doesn’t really help matters. The sub bass is great and keeps things planted and the Pw Loki 8 wire makes it even more weightier but I just feel it is a little too polite for my tastes sometimes
hmm.. well every one have his own cup of tea
if you have try all, prob its time to move on...
if I move on, CIEM will be my choice...

edit.. my mind is in somewhere else...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #6,461 of 12,035
I get that amount of necessary bass is certainly subjective, but I definitely find the Solaris more than adequate. I have CA marshmallow, Spiral dots, but have settled in on dual flags Spin fits. Main issue was length of comfort. Spiral dots I had to push in too far for the size of theiem, and they'd get uncomfortable after an hour or so. Marshmallow same, but less uncomfortable. Dual flange spin fits have a tight seal, but not uncomfortable after 4hrs. I was thinking about the atlas, but listen to a wide range on genres. Coming from tfz No3 as my current in ear I was worried I may be upset about getting less bass, but with these tips and my Chord Mojo, or if xDSD, I'm more than happy with the bass output, and love the overall presentation of the music. These are my definite no 2 behind my lcd-i4 with parametric eq

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #6,462 of 12,035
I get that amount of necessary bass is certainly subjective, but I definitely find the Solaris more than adequate. I have CA marshmallow, Spiral dots, but have settled in on dual flags Spin fits. Main issue was length of comfort. Spiral dots I had to push in too far for the size of theiem, and they'd get uncomfortable after an hour or so. Marshmallow same, but less uncomfortable. Dual flange spin fits have a tight seal, but not uncomfortable after 4hrs. I was thinking about the atlas, but listen to a wide range on genres. Coming from tfz No3 as my current in ear I was worried I may be upset about getting less bass, but with these tips and my Chord Mojo, or if xDSD, I'm more than happy with the bass output, and love the overall presentation of the music. These are my definite no 2 behind my lcd-i4 with parametric eq
Exactly my POV here, can't decide am i need that amount of bass (my dunu have 2DD and Andromeda has no DD), and i can boost bass on Solaris with hardware switch on Centrance Dacportable, this DAC adding very few amount of bass or treble, Legend X is not available for me, not for order, not for demo, and afraid that limited edition solaris also will not be available for order

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #6,463 of 12,035
Exactly my POV here, can't decide am i need that amount of bass (my dunu have 2DD and Andromeda has no DD), and i can boost bass on Solaris with hardware switch on Centrance Dacportable, this DAC adding very few amount of bass or treble, Legend X is not available for me, not for order, not for demo, and afraid that limited edition solaris also will not be available for order
Can you demo Jomo Trinity brass ?

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #6,464 of 12,035
Can you demo Jomo Trinity brass ?
Yes, been in business trip and listeting to Jomo for couple hours and i must say, very unusual sound, but a bit light or thin for me, must be personal preference, technically unique construction using three types of drivers, perfectly balanced, but "not quite my tempo" (little bit "Whiplash" here) :)
Anyway, i can buy Solaris and listen for about 14 days because of return policy with moneyback and decide if i loved it enough to stay :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #6,465 of 12,035
Yes, been in business trip and listeting to Jomo for couple hours and i must say, very unusual sound, but a bit light or thin for me, must be personal preference, technically unique construction using three types of drivers, perfectly balanced, but "not quite my tempo" (little bit "Whiplash" here) :)
Anyway, i can buy Solaris and listen for about 14 days because of return policy with moneyback and decide if i loved it enough to stay :wink:
Did you listen the brass or SS ? Brass is not thin .. quite punchy and full :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back