Campfire - Solaris
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #6,121 of 12,035
Don't shoot the messenger, but @KB recommended about 100hrs+ if my memory serves. The reasons given were related to the ADLC driver reaching full mechanical excursion and something relating to the dielectric in the crossover.

I'm personally on the fence about burn in, but I took Ken at his word and FOR ME there does seem to be an improvement over extended use/burn in.

No idea if that's just my mind or for the reasons stated above, but I'm glad I followed Ken's advice whichever way it works. :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #6,122 of 12,035
for me, Janus D is good to make all freq appear dominant, but some how I hear it as flat, in a good way.
While Janus B more emphasize on Bass, and rich detail of Mids, While still have a mount of detail.

I tried Leonidas II Octa (LIIO) with Solaris, I believe it fit to what u wanted description...
Superb detail rumble, very distinguish separation, with a lot of detail and sparks...
Because a lot of detail, my experience was so intense, love it, but also tiring...

Recently, I was shocked that my wife noticed something changing on my body poster become roundback (Kifosis) when I listening to IEM, this is usually when I listened Solaris with Silver based cable in long hours. it seems my ear can adapt to the bright detail, but my body was not, the other way around.
A friend suggested change my preferences to Warm, well let's see...

Thanks for that. I need to get it lol

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #6,123 of 12,035
Any recommendation for tips that increase bass?
Well, all the guys suggest about eartip before, is a right way to get better bass of Solaris.
makes sure u get the fitting in ur ear right (seal is crucial), get the narrow bore...
About custom tip, I am getting it, prob in the next 2 weeks, will update on that.

My suggestion, to get more body bass, pair with Copper based cable, get a decent one. Litz and UP-OCC material will get better separation, make the Rumble details.
TRRS cable is the way to go.

And get Source (DAP) more on warm side...
Solaris is Source dependant, so it will transparent following what the source is emphasizing. IMHO.
Majority Cayin and Sony is Warm.
u can read in page before which model is good with Solaris...

Happy Hunting

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #6,124 of 12,035
It's always a good day when a new toy arrives ! :ksc75smile:
20190828_182315.jpg

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #6,126 of 12,035

Rolling Gear...
When the alternative set up get highlight....
Does Solaris hiss with NX4? I really miss my iFi's Micro iDSD BL but I can't afford it anymore. Can the NX4DSD be a viable alternative?

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #6,127 of 12,035
Does Solaris hiss with NX4? I really miss my iFi's Micro iDSD BL but I can't afford it anymore. Can the NX4DSD be a viable alternative?
Well, Solaris did not hiss at all... but it compensates a lot of things, like narrow soundstage, High roll off, no micro detail etc...
Its a back up gear or alternative....

edit : noted, listening Solaris with NX4DSD, must in high Volume, NX4DSD have imbalanced output on low volume..

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #6,128 of 12,035
Aug 31, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #6,130 of 12,035
Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #6,134 of 12,035
Why cut corners on a $1500 flagship IEM? SMH

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #6,135 of 12,035
Guess it comes down to commercials. If Bellsing are producing BAs that sound and work like the more expensive Knowles counterparts, then why wouldn't firms use them as a cheaper alternative?

It's a different story if they knew that they were direct copies of the Knowles kit, but how would they know that without something like this coming to light? Bellsing recruiting lots of Knowles employees would give the impression that they had recruited the relevant knowledge and experience to make credible gear. You wouldn't assume that the tech and gear were directly stolen.

Also, the fact that three well respected and credible high end IEM manufacturers (CTM, Campfire Audio and JH Audio) all used the Bellsing drivers in question in some expensive models either means that the Bellsing guys have a REALLY convincing sales team, or at the least that the gear is pretty well performing.

Will be interested to see how this pans out in terms of the court ruling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back