1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire - Solaris

First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419
Next

Last
  1. Jackpot77
    Don't shoot the messenger, but @KB recommended about 100hrs+ if my memory serves. The reasons given were related to the ADLC driver reaching full mechanical excursion and something relating to the dielectric in the crossover.

I'm personally on the fence about burn in, but I took Ken at his word and FOR ME there does seem to be an improvement over extended use/burn in.

No idea if that's just my mind or for the reasons stated above, but I'm glad I followed Ken's advice whichever way it works. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Rockwell75, snk8699, fokta and 2 others like this.
  2. Audiophonicalistic
    Thanks for that. I need to get it lol

fokta likes this.
  3. fokta
    Well, all the guys suggest about eartip before, is a right way to get better bass of Solaris.
    makes sure u get the fitting in ur ear right (seal is crucial), get the narrow bore...
    About custom tip, I am getting it, prob in the next 2 weeks, will update on that.

My suggestion, to get more body bass, pair with Copper based cable, get a decent one. Litz and UP-OCC material will get better separation, make the Rumble details.
    TRRS cable is the way to go.

And get Source (DAP) more on warm side...
    Solaris is Source dependant, so it will transparent following what the source is emphasizing. IMHO.
    Majority Cayin and Sony is Warm.
    u can read in page before which model is good with Solaris...

Happy Hunting

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    cycheang likes this.
  4. Bart147
    It's always a good day when a new toy arrives ! :ksc75smile:
    20190828_182315.jpg

5. fokta
    20190829_140922.jpg
    Rolling Gear...
    When the alternative set up get highlight....

6. Arghavan
    Does Solaris hiss with NX4? I really miss my iFi's Micro iDSD BL but I can't afford it anymore. Can the NX4DSD be a viable alternative?

7. fokta
    Well, Solaris did not hiss at all... but it compensates a lot of things, like narrow soundstage, High roll off, no micro detail etc...
    Its a back up gear or alternative....

edit : noted, listening Solaris with NX4DSD, must in high Volume, NX4DSD have imbalanced output on low volume..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Arghavan likes this.
  8. subguy812
    Especially when that new toy is a Solaris

davidmolliere and Bart147 like this.
  9. fokta
  10. TooPoorForHiFi
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  11. fokta
    Well, we can't assumed...

Put a side the problem... It is a good IEM that I like... just concern about the after sales service will be affected?

12. JustJoseph
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    reluctant_engineer likes this.
  13. hellfire8888
    hmm was wondering if Campfire Andromeda black gold is using these knock off Knowles Driver or not..

14. BananaOoyoo
    Why cut corners on a $1500 flagship IEM? SMH

Rorset and reluctant_engineer like this.
  15. Jackpot77
    Guess it comes down to commercials. If Bellsing are producing BAs that sound and work like the more expensive Knowles counterparts, then why wouldn't firms use them as a cheaper alternative?

It's a different story if they knew that they were direct copies of the Knowles kit, but how would they know that without something like this coming to light? Bellsing recruiting lots of Knowles employees would give the impression that they had recruited the relevant knowledge and experience to make credible gear. You wouldn't assume that the tech and gear were directly stolen.

Also, the fact that three well respected and credible high end IEM manufacturers (CTM, Campfire Audio and JH Audio) all used the Bellsing drivers in question in some expensive models either means that the Bellsing guys have a REALLY convincing sales team, or at the least that the gear is pretty well performing.

Will be interested to see how this pans out in terms of the court ruling.

specKtre, Currawong, bfreedma and 4 others like this.
First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419
Next

Last