Campfire - Solaris
Sep 29, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #10,246 of 12,035
I have the Leonidas I in 2-pin/ 2.5 balance and will try it with 2pin to mmcx adapters.

I’m using the OE Audio 2 pin to mmcx adapters on my Triton Cardas Clear. I wanted to get the Rhapsodio ones but it looks like they stopped offering them. I’m thinking of get the cable reterminated though.

Sep 29, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #10,247 of 12,035
I’m using the OE Audio 2 pin to mmcx adapters on my Triton Cardas Clear. I wanted to get the Rhapsodio ones but it looks like they stopped offering them. I’m thinking of get the cable reterminated though.

Yes I'm using the same OE adapters here.
You think that they are altering the sound of the cable?
Reterminating them would be the best as they won't be tall as they probably are with the adapters right now.
Only problem would be to wait for them.
But I don't think you're stuck, like me, on an island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea and have to send everything abroad, are you? :scream:

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #10,250 of 12,035
Yes I'm using the same OE adapters here.
You think that they are altering the sound of the cable?
Reterminating them would be the best as they won't be tall as they probably are with the adapters right now.
Only problem would be to wait for them.
But I don't think you're stuck, like me, on an island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea and have to send everything abroad, are you? :scream:

I don’t know if the adapters make an audible difference but for function alone I think it would be worth it. The cable sounds great but it doesn’t sit easily that I have my endgame cable attached to my iems with a $25 adapter.
I’m in Canada which means I have to send it off, plus I would want Triton to do the work anyway.

@SBranson btw, that Triton Cardas Clear is the one that looks like PW's 1950s and 1960s?

Yes these are apparently the same wire in the PW series. They are game changing cables for me. I’ve tried lots of cables but these are the most significant difference in sound of any others by far.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #10,252 of 12,035
Would the 2020 be a good pairing with my iFi Micro BL?

If you use the IEMatch options on the bottom, then the pairing should be outstanding on many tracks. Eco mode should also further widen the soundstage and increase battery life as well. If you are extremely picky about your audio imaging...you might find yourself switching filter options between genres, though.

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #10,254 of 12,035
I had the chance to compare some IEMs at my local store. I tested the Solaris 2020, the Legend X and the 64 Audio Nio. We used a AK SE200 and a LG G7. I tested the OG Solaris long ago, but i remember its sound and was full of hope to get the OG sound in a better shape and nicer color. But unfortunatly the 2020 isn't tuned like the OG. Because of the higher 8k freq. treble comes too harsh now. I was sad. The Legend X got a superb lowend, but i just want to buy a daily IEM for all kinds of music and the Legend X sometimes is too much for relaxing music. The NIO was new for me and after some hours i choose it. The Nio rly sound similar to the Solaris, but did the job better and have mild treble. I'm sorry i don't write long reviews :)

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #10,255 of 12,035
Another good pairing. Campfire Solaris OG + Dunu Blanche. Shoutout to @cytoSiN for being curious about this combo. :p
Bass is more agile, the biggest change for me is better midrange transparency and vocals are expressed more clearly, treble is airier with slightly more sparkle. There is more precise positioning of instruments. There is better stage width while depth is rendered similarly.

It's arriving tomorrow, will update here after some testing. I'm still on the fence if a cable can make these differences, but I'm certainly hopeful!

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #10,256 of 12,035
Good morning!
I got the Solaris OG.
Even with the stock cable and the P2 as soon as I pressed play, it blew me away!
I don't even know what an upgraded cable will do to it.
Holy crap man!
I used a pair of Sony hybrid tips the one with the green core. I think it's the medium and I pushed the IEMs plenty deep.
Will test some more tips with wider bore to see if that changes the sound.
Massive sound!

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #10,257 of 12,035
Good morning!
I got the Solaris OG.
Even with the stock cable and the P2 as soon as I pressed play, it blew me away!
I don't even know what an upgraded cable will do to it.
Holy crap man!
I used a pair of Sony hybrid tips the one with the green core. I think it's the medium and I pushed the IEMs plenty deep.
Will test some more tips with wider bore to see if that changes the sound.
Massive sound!
these love good cable changes, i found that spiral dots/++ really gives them the best, most open sound (atleast to me). wouldn't recc azla sedna on these.

congrats on the buy man hope u havin a blast with em :)

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #10,258 of 12,035
these love good cable changes, i found that spiral dots/++ really gives them the best, most open sound (atleast to me). wouldn't recc azla sedna on these.

congrats on the buy man hope u havin a blast with em :)

Will search to find spiral dots on amazon.co.uk hopefully.
Still trying to find a good cable with 2.5 balanced termination.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #10,259 of 12,035
Will search to find spiral dots on amazon.co.uk hopefully.
Still trying to find a good cable with 2.5 balanced termination.

I've used every tip under the sun with Solaris and Sednas are by far my personal favorite (the short, regular ones with Solaris..NOT the Xelastecs)...spiral dots are nice too but Sednas, while similarly wide bored, are more comfortable. I'm not sure where you stand on the whole cable thing but if you don't necessarily want to spend a lot of money this is a good cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgrade-Earphone-Replacement-Balanced-Detachable-MMCX/dp/B07Z8ZNNQM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=5Q251VSRQWDR&dchild=1&keywords=****+8+core+cable&qid=1601559354&sprefix=****+,aps,371&sr=8-4

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #10,260 of 12,035
I've used every tip under the sun with Solaris and Sednas are by far my personal favorite (the short, regular ones with Solaris..NOT the Xelastecs)...spiral dots are nice too but Sednas, while similarly wide bored, are more comfortable. I'm not sure where you stand on the whole cable thing but if you don't necessarily want to spend a lot of money this is a good cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgrade-Earphone-Replacement-Balanced-Detachable-MMCX/dp/B07Z8ZNNQM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=5Q251VSRQWDR&dchild=1&keywords=****+8+core+cable&qid=1601559354&sprefix=****+,aps,371&sr=8-4

Really?
That cheap? Black or brown cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back