Campfire - Solaris
Sep 29, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #10,231 of 12,035
Can someone suggest a good cable for the Solaris OG?
Something to look for in the sales section preferably so that it's used and cheap :wink:
Han Sound Agni II

1601356057282.png

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #10,232 of 12,035
Can someone suggest a good cable for the Solaris OG?
Something to look for in the sales section preferably so that it's used and cheap :wink:
I have an Alo Gold16 for sale there. :)

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #10,235 of 12,035
Hi all,

By way of an update, I've taken the rare step of upgrading the score on my recent Solaris 2020 review (to 4.5 stars, from 4 stars).
I added in the following explanation on the review, for anyone who might be interested:

[EDIT]: I have taken the somewhat unusual step of retrospectively bumping up the overall score of the Solaris 2020 up to 4.5 stars.
I've already had it for a couple of months and have listened to it plenty during the review process, but since then I still keep coming back to it.

I can't help the feeling that there's something imperfect that I'd like to change (perhaps through cable rolling later, if I can find the right match), and plus I do find it to be a bit fatiguing, both in terms of ear pressure and some (for my subjective sensitivities) peakiness in the upper mids/treble.
But for all that, I can't stop listening to it on a daily basis, because it's otherwise so damn good, such a great performer with a unique and enchantingly engaging sound signature:)

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #10,239 of 12,035
they might be, idk i'm not a genre god.

i'm saying they're as unique as tool tho.
just like z1r and solaris are both same tier of performance imo but do things differently

Yeah I get you now. They're not metal in any way. They're some type of hip hop, rap, punk, hardcore genres but not metal.
I don't think anyone plays a guitar of the 3.
Tool are unique yes. Progressive metal there are many bands.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #10,240 of 12,035
Hi all,

By way of an update, I've taken the rare step of upgrading the score on my recent Solaris 2020 review (to 4.5 stars, from 4 stars).
I added in the following explanation on the review, for anyone who might be interested:

[EDIT]: I have taken the somewhat unusual step of retrospectively bumping up the overall score of the Solaris 2020 up to 4.5 stars.
I've already had it for a couple of months and have listened to it plenty during the review process, but since then I still keep coming back to it.

I can't help the feeling that there's something imperfect that I'd like to change (perhaps through cable rolling later, if I can find the right match), and plus I do find it to be a bit fatiguing, both in terms of ear pressure and some (for my subjective sensitivities) peakiness in the upper mids/treble.
But for all that, I can't stop listening to it on a daily basis, because it's otherwise so damn good, such a great performer with a unique and enchantingly engaging sound signature:)
The Solaris 2020 is an engaging IEM. Can't go wrong with it. Excellent.

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #10,241 of 12,035
Another good pairing. Campfire Solaris OG + Dunu Blanche. Shoutout to @cytoSiN for being curious about this combo. :p
Bass is more agile, the biggest change for me is better midrange transparency and vocals are expressed more clearly, treble is airier with slightly more sparkle. There is more precise positioning of instruments. There is better stage width while depth is rendered similarly.

photo_2020-09-29_21-52-19.jpg

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #10,242 of 12,035
I have an EA Eros II to test as soon as the Solaris are here.
Btw, do you guys push them all the way in in the ear canal?
I noticed lately that the further i stick tips in on all IEMs I seem to hear less bass and the soundstage becomes more narrow.
I seem to find the best fit as soon as the tip just enters the ear canal.

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #10,243 of 12,035
Another good pairing. Campfire Solaris OG + Dunu Blanche. Shoutout to @cytoSiN for being curious about this combo. :p
Bass is more agile, the biggest change for me is better midrange transparency and vocals are expressed more clearly, treble is airier with slightly more sparkle. There is more precise positioning of instruments. There is better stage width while depth is rendered similarly.

photo_2020-09-29_21-52-19.jpg
is that the best pairing you've found so far around the $400 range? do you remember how it compares to a luminox day for night?

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #10,244 of 12,035
All this cable talk, I will be posting an EA Leonidas I in 4.4 that I had reterminated to mmcx with premium Plussound connectors by Triton Audio. Fantastic sound.

I’m currently using Triton Audio Cardas Clear on my Solaris 2020 and it’s the best pairing I’ve come across but that’s a significantly more expensive cable and pretty rare.

On another note, I just received my Andromeda V3 and as good as they are, they highlight just how good the Solaris 2020 is.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #10,245 of 12,035
All this cable talk, I will be posting an EA Leonidas I in 4.4 that I had reterminated to mmcx with premium Plussound connectors by Triton Audio. Fantastic sound.

I’m currently using Triton Audio Cardas Clear on my Solaris 2020 and it’s the best pairing I’ve come across but that’s a significantly more expensive cable and pretty rare.

On another note, I just received my Andromeda V3 and as good as they are, they highlight just how good the Solaris 2020 is.

I have the Leonidas I in 2-pin/ 2.5 balance and will try it with 2pin to mmcx adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back