Campfire - Solaris
Sep 23, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #10,186 of 12,035
Sep 24, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #10,188 of 12,035
What kind of wide bore tips do you all prefer for the Solaris?

I've tried Azla Sedna EarFits and Earfits Light as well as JVC Spiral Dots and Tennmark Whirlwinds.

Personally i liked the Sedna EarFit Lights the best but i can not wear them very long. JVC SpiralDots are less 3-D like compared to the Sednas.

Does anyone may have another advice for a wide bore tip?

Thanks a lot :)

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #10,189 of 12,035

I've tried Azla Sedna EarFits and Earfits Light as well as JVC Spiral Dots and Tennmark Whirlwinds.

Personally i liked the Sedna EarFit Lights the best but i can not wear them very long. JVC SpiralDots are less 3-D like compared to the Sednas.

I like the Symbio W for sound, seal and grip in the ear.

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #10,191 of 12,035
www.aboutaudio.org/campfire-audio-solaris-2020-review-gently-ripen

Good review of the 2020 I came across through my Instagram feed. Sometimes I read reviews and wonder if the person listened to the same IEM I did...this guy nicely describes some of my favorite subtleties of the Solaris sound (particularly wrt the lows and mids) in a precise and detailed way. Worth a read imho.

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #10,192 of 12,035
Sep 25, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #10,193 of 12,035
I should have mentioned that I use the hybrids. I guess it's the inner memory foam that provides the grip. I am using them with the Solaris OG.

Sep 25, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #10,194 of 12,035
I should have mentioned that I use the hybrids. I guess it's the inner memory foam that provides the grip. I am using them with the Solaris OG.
I would also recommend the Symbio W hybrids...I think they’re great.

Sep 25, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #10,195 of 12,035

I actually use New Bee foam tips; inexpensive and hence fairly economical to replace on a fairly regular basis as they get too soft.
I tried the Sedna Xelastec tips and found that (for my tastes) I preferred the Solaris 2020 with the New Bee foams.
I felt the Xelastec reduced the richness and low end power a bit, which for me are two things I particularly love about the Solaris 2020 :)
The Xelastec seemed to boost clarity and air and generally sounded very good though; some people will love the effect they have on the Solaris for sure.

Interestingly, I used Symbio W pretty much exclusively until about 6 months ago, but found that they tended to get soft too quickly, and plus I never liked the feel of silicone ear tips, having gotten used to foam. Then I switched to the New Bee foams and didn't look back, although I'm now trying out the Sedna Xelastecs with some IEMs too.
I ought to give the Symbol W another try though; this was a good reminder :)

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #10,196 of 12,035
I actually use New Bee foam tips; inexpensive and hence fairly economical to replace on a fairly regular basis as they get too soft.
I tried the Sedna Xelastec tips and found that (for my tastes) I preferred the Solaris 2020 with the New Bee foams.
I felt the Xelastec reduced the richness and low end power a bit, which for me are two things I particularly love about the Solaris 2020 :)
The Xelastec seemed to boost clarity and air and generally sounded very good though; some people will love the effect they have on the Solaris for sure.

Interestingly, I used Symbio W pretty much exclusively until about 6 months ago, but found that they tended to get soft too quickly, and plus I never liked the feel of silicone ear tips, having gotten used to foam. Then I switched to the New Bee foams and didn't look back, although I'm now trying out the Sedna Xelastecs with some IEMs too.
I ought to give the Symbol W another try though; this was a good reminder :)

Glad someone else mentioned New Bee, I really like their silocone though not foamies.

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #10,198 of 12,035
The way he describes sound makes me hungry and thirsty. Great review!

Yeah the English was a little awkward at times (it's obviously not his first language) but despite that he's got a gift for vivid description.

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #10,199 of 12,035
Nice sinergy between Solaris SE and CM Cable "Dark".
Deep bass and smooth treble

1601063414577.png

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #10,200 of 12,035
recently got some plunge audio iems, planar drivers in them.

the difference in bass quality is otherworldly.

makes me wonder why doesn't CFA experiment with planars or even ESTs.

the time of BAs has gone long enough, a solaris with a planar would rock if implemented correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back