Campfire - Solaris
Feb 23, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #7,621 of 12,035
Hi all, I could try some in ears lately and I liked Solaris the most. It's energetic and clear sound is amazing. But I suffer tinitus and think the apex tech of 64 audio can help with this. Due I don't have any 64 dealer close to me, any advice or comparision will be much apreciated. I'm interested in Tia Trio and u12t. If I get something similar to Solaris with any of those I'll get one of the 64 audio iems instead... If there's a noticeable upgrade in SQ in favour of the Solaris I'll get them anyway.

Thanks in advance.
I should be receiving my A12t in about 1.5 weeks, so if you can wait, I can give you a comparison then.

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #7,622 of 12,035
Sadly mine sounds worse lol, albeit it being more coherent, transparent... bass was too flat, sound a bit too dry/ forward tited.

Have you played around with different tips?

I'm interested in Tia Trio and u12t. If I get something similar to Solaris with any of those I'll get one of the 64 audio iems instead.

I've heard all 3. The Trio and u12t are both amazing IEMs-- the one you choose will depend in if your tastes veer more toward analytical (u12t) or musical (Trio). Trio has dynamic bass, which is a huge plus, though u12t has what many consider the best BA bass going. I'm hoping to demo Trio sometime in the future to refresh my thoughts on it.

Also, encourage everyone to try the following with whatever nice gear they have on hand:

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #7,624 of 12,035
Have you played around with different tips?

I've heard all 3. The Trio and u12t are both amazing IEMs-- the one you choose will depend in if your tastes veer more toward analytical (u12t) or musical (Trio). Trio has dynamic bass, which is a huge plus, though u12t has what many consider the best BA bass going. I'm hoping to demo Trio sometime in the future to refresh my thoughts on it.

Also, encourage everyone to try the following with whatever nice gear they have on hand:

But I see you finally got the Solaris instead 64 audio. :wink:

Wich one of both do you think it's closer to Solaris?

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #7,625 of 12,035
But I see you finally got the Solaris instead 64 audio. :wink:

Wich one of both do you think it's closer to Solaris?

I got Solaris because I have access to a CFA dealer and the capacity to demo-- if there was a 64 Audio dealer in Vancouver who's to say how things could have gone. I'm really happy with Solaris though. The truth is they're all amazing in different and I could probably be happy with any of them as my main IEM.

Signature-wise, relative to u12t and Trio I think Solaris is in the middle.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #7,627 of 12,035
Interestingly 64 Audio seems to have much graver QC issues but this doesn't get brought as much for some reason.

To your point, I've never heard about QC issues with 64 Audio. But having seen their attention to detail when it comes to fit & finish I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues. Then again, 64 seems to be the choice of a certain type of audiophile (at least this was my impression after reading through their thread), who is more interested in the benefit provided by a 1k cable upgrade than the detriment introduced by QC issues. Ah, well, to each their own, I guess.

Feb 23, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #7,628 of 12,035
Well, I don't feel like this kind of users, in fact QC issues would make me to take a faster decision, because I don't have any 64a authorized dealer in my country and repairs could be a problem. So I am interested in this QC problems you are talking about if there's any.

Feb 23, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #7,629 of 12,035
I'd also love to hear more about the 64audio QC issues. Recently ordered an A12t so would like to know what to watch out for.

Feb 23, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #7,630 of 12,035
Curiosity is the driving force of this hobby-- a lot of the time we seek new gear to demo not because of any inherent flaw in what we have for the thrill of trying something new. Honestly many of these TOTL IEMs are way more similar than our descriptions let on sometimes.
Isn't the thrill of trying something new a worthy pursuit by itself? Life without new experiences is dull.

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #7,632 of 12,035
I've tried 3 Solaris, but had a chance to A/B too and they sounded different enough to conclude they were distinctly different.

Albeit, I'm sure this would happen with many other of the niche brands.

Sadly mine sounds worse lol, albeit it being more coherent, transparent... bass was too flat, sound a bit too dry/ forward tited.
How many hours do you have on your Solaris? They don't settle down until 150-175 hours of play.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #7,634 of 12,035
Well after hearing the Solaris SE at Canjam I knew I had to have them. It’s truly amazing the level of refinement the ceramic chamber adds. The clarity is unreal. The OG Solaris now sound vailed and muffled when I compare. I’m only at about 24hours of burn in and in just that short amount of time the changes are quite impressive. Ken said atleast 100 hours is needs, upwards of 150. I can’t imagine them getting better.
2B8C25ED-1188-4BDE-9413-EE85F6F543CA.jpeg
D6495FAE-8AF2-4F22-BD9E-BE34D7BE767D.jpeg
CED39EBE-74B6-4CAC-A8CD-6651EABBFFAF.jpeg

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #7,635 of 12,035
ended up fidgeting with both the SElaris and solaris OG, found a superdeep fit (whole nozzle inside) which lets the SElaris outshine OG by a mile, opens soundstage massively and brings in depth and control.

DD elements also took control over bass and mids which brought the sound to a truly beautiful place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back