Campfire - Solaris
Feb 24, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #7,637 of 12,035
Had U12t, u18, and solaris all at the same time. Both u12t and u18 sounded more analytical than solaris. Felt like I was listening more to sounds than music.
This is why I'm so eager to hear the Solaris. Most high end audio feels a little too scientific and truthful to me. I want to hear music, not truth. Tell me a beautiful sonic lie, please.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #7,638 of 12,035
ended up fidgeting with both the SElaris and solaris OG, found a superdeep fit (whole nozzle inside) which lets the SElaris outshine OG by a mile, opens soundstage massively and brings in depth and control.

DD elements also took control over bass and mids which brought the sound to a truly beautiful place!

Which tips are you using?

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #7,640 of 12,035
This is why I'm so eager to hear the Solaris. Most high end audio feels a little too scientific and truthful to me. I want to hear music, not truth. Tell me a beautiful sonic lie, please.

u12t and u18t are two great IEMs...but they're a little on the analytic side for some. Solaris sacrifices a little of the sheer resolution and detail for a more musical flavor. Some other great IEMs along those lines are the 64 Audio Tia Trio, EE Legend X, Vision Ears VE8 and Sony IER Z1R.

spiral dots ++, L size. best ones i got so far

I would love to get some Spiral Dots ++ but can't seem to find them for a reasonable price.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #7,641 of 12,035
Both u12t and u18 sounded more analytical than solaris. Felt like I was listening more to sounds than music.

Indeed they are-- but that can be great in certain circumstances. The speed, precision and detail of u12t is great for metal. I also have a friend who listens to a lot of chamber/baroque music where it's just like one person and a cello-- with u12t it sounds like there's nothing between you and the person playing the instrument...it's pretty spectacular.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #7,643 of 12,035
@Rockwell75 i'd recc spiral ++, worth it.

do you have any experience with EST iems?
i'm currently hovering over plunge audio unity 7 to see what'll come out of it, tribrids are seriously interesting.

wonder if the next solaris/cfa flagship will be a tribrid

No I haven't. The one I'm most curious about is the VE Elysium.

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #7,645 of 12,035
Hi guys, just picking your brains a little. I'm currently using a pair of Symbio W Peel tips (the ones without the foam inserts). It sounds good and all, but I'm hoping to find a tip out there that can enhance the bass presence a little without altering any of the other aspects of the OG Solaris.

For that matter, what are some of your favorite tips? I'd love to tip roll and try some new combinations. Thanks in advance!

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #7,646 of 12,035
Hi guys, just picking your brains a little. I'm currently using a pair of Symbio W Peel tips (the ones without the foam inserts). It sounds good and all, but I'm hoping to find a tip out there that can enhance the bass presence a little without altering any of the other aspects of the OG Solaris.

For that matter, what are some of your favorite tips? I'd love to tip roll and try some new combinations. Thanks in advance!
I used spiral dots with solaris :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back