Campfire - Solaris
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #7,456 of 12,035
20200131_130209.jpg
Hi guys. I have some cosmetic problems with gold plating on my solaris. I kept them on their pouch about a week ago and never touch them, and today i open them up and they become like this..

Anyone got the same problem?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #7,457 of 12,035
Hi guys

I just ordered Solaris SE just because after being the owner of Ultimate Ears Live(which I love for they natural sounding sound, in my opinion none of the IEMs I tried sound so close to the instruments of an classical orchestra as they do, the warmth of the violins,cellos are absolutely blowing on these IEMs and i tried many, from all the campfire to the a k ones then VE , legend x , Elysium,etc) but listening to the normal Solaris I got to the conclusion I really need that soundstage, the equally registers on them and that cool punch for jazz, alternative, electronic etc.

I just hope that the SE are not worse then the OS I hope the soundstage is at least the same, no need to be bigger as they claim but would be happy about it if it is, nevertheless I hope the bass is not less( I don’t need more either ).

Anyway I am supposed to get them in a week from now and if you still wanna hear about differences between the SE and The OG as soon as I get them will share some personal opinions( I am not an advanced audiophile but just a beginner so my language won’t be really on the point but my ears are really good as I am a trained musician, now traveling the entire world and singing in some of the most important opera houses.)

MTFBWY Yours Jedi Baritone.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #7,458 of 12,035
Hi guys. I have some cosmetic problems with gold plating on my solaris. I kept them on their pouch about a week ago and never touch them, and today i open them up and they become like this..

Anyone got the same problem?

Seems like dirt... is it gone when you wipe it ?
When you store it, do u put moisterizer (Silica gel) ??

mine getting chip in the edge... hehehe... now, I need to baby these...
20200131_142448.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #7,459 of 12,035
Seems like dirt... is it gone when you wipe it ?
When you store it, do u put moisterizer (Silica gel) ??

mine getting chip in the edge... hehehe... now, I need to baby these...

That's not dirt, it's like the gold plating flaked.
They are stored in the original punch, i didn't put any moisturizer on it, because i have been storing andromeda for the same way for years and have no problem with it.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #7,460 of 12,035
Hi guys

I just ordered Solaris SE just because after being the owner of Ultimate Ears Live(which I love for they natural sounding sound, in my opinion none of the IEMs I tried sound so close to the instruments of an classical orchestra as they do, the warmth of the violins,cellos are absolutely blowing on these IEMs and i tried many, from all the campfire to the a k ones then VE , legend x , Elysium,etc) but listening to the normal Solaris I got to the conclusion I really need that soundstage, the equally registers on them and that cool punch for jazz, alternative, electronic etc.

I just hope that the SE are not worse then the OS I hope the soundstage is at least the same, no need to be bigger as they claim but would be happy about it if it is, nevertheless I hope the bass is not less( I don’t need more either ).

Have you considered the Z1R? (Sorry, guys, I had to say it.) In my opinion they excel in naturalness and soundstage. There's also a guy on the Z1R thread who listens exclusively to classical (I know, right?) and he seems very happy with the Z1R. Not to say you shouldn't be happy with the SE, it's just an invitation to the dark side. :)

Anyway I am supposed to get them in a week from now and if you still wanna hear about differences between the SE and The OG as soon as I get them will share some personal opinions( I am not an advanced audiophile but just a beginner so my language won’t be really on the point but my ears are really good as I am a trained musician, now traveling the entire world and singing in some of the most important opera houses.)

MTFBWY Yours Jedi Baritone.

"Advanced audiophile" is like "advanced cancer", not necessarily a good thing. :) Conversely, I'm really excited to hear the opinion of a professional musician.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #7,461 of 12,035
That's not dirt, it's like the gold plating flaked.
They are stored in the original punch, i didn't put any moisturizer on it, because i have been storing andromeda for the same way for years and have no problem with it.

"Moisturizer", lol. Gotta keep The Precious silky smooth and hydrated I guess. :)

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #7,462 of 12,035
it's just an invitation to the dark side. :)
you declare your self from the dark side...
20200131_082040.jpg

Ok2.. lets get back to the track...
@candlejack leave the man be, don't influence your seductive Dark side to the young pandawan... let Him try the force and choose which side he be...

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #7,463 of 12,035
Have you considered the Z1R? (Sorry, guys, I had to say it.) In my opinion they excel in naturalness and soundstage. There's also a guy on the Z1R thread who listens exclusively to classical (I know, right?) and he seems very happy with the Z1R. Not to say you shouldn't be happy with the SE, it's just an invitation to the dark side. :)

"Advanced audiophile" is like "advanced cancer", not necessarily a good thing. :) Conversely, I'm really excited to hear the opinion of a professional musician.

seems like there are two big combos between the two pairs.
n6ii + solaris SE, and wm1a + Z1R
i'd say solaris SE is far better for jazz and alternative.
but for electronic i'll probably take the z1rs.
even tho this is obviously subjective opinions i think the faster bass and more coherent sound of n6ii definitely fits jazz and alternative more, where the opposite would excel in electronics.

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #7,464 of 12,035
@candlejack leave the man be, don't influence your seductive Dark side to the young pandawan... let Him try the force and choose which side he be...

I'm only that voice you hear inside your head and don't know where it's coming from. You still have your free will.

Muhahahahhaahaaa...

Jan 31, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #7,465 of 12,035
seems like there are two big combos between the two pairs.
n6ii + solaris SE, and wm1a + Z1R
i'd say solaris SE is far better for jazz and alternative.
but for electronic i'll probably take the z1rs.
even tho this is obviously subjective opinions i think the faster bass and more coherent sound of n6ii definitely fits jazz and alternative more, where the opposite would excel in electronics.

I listen to mostly electronic and overall much preferred the sound of Solaris over Z1R. n6ii with e01 is better still.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #7,467 of 12,035
how's e01 vs a01 with sola SE?

Sound is cleaner, punchier, more detailed and refinedl with improved clarity, separation, dynamics and overall "liquidity" of the signature.. Someone once described the E01 as like a "mini N8" and I would agree with that. Having a hard time taking Solaris out of my ears when using E01...definitely a worthy upgrade imho, even with the reduced battery life,

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #7,468 of 12,035
I listen to mostly electronic and overall much preferred the sound of Solaris over Z1R. n6ii with e01 is better still.
I thought you mostly listened to male vocals like Sinatra. And I remember one of your favorite bands is Dire Straits. Does that count as electronic? Do you mean that the N6II is an electronic device that you listen to? :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back