Campfire - Solaris
Dec 29, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #7,216 of 12,035
Where are you bro?
How's the SE?
Singapore...
SE... yeah still SOLARIS sounding...
The MID is really refine, no issued with Male or Female sounding...
Bass... same in a good way...
My point, if you already have OG... u prob should test SE first before you upgrade..
IMO, prob I was expecting too much...

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #7,217 of 12,035
20191229_190614.jpg

Get the full Vocal potential with AMP8EX-FE.. and also custom eartip...

But still, My ear can't get enough of these... grrr Man, That Fluidity... Solaris at it finest
20191229_170849.jpg

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #7,218 of 12,035
Have you tried the VE8? They pretty much caused me to sell the Andro Golds.
Haven't listened to them and not interested due to price and using 2 pin cable.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #7,219 of 12,035
The only all BA IEM I've found that can compete with the Solaris is the Andromeda Gold SE.

That would be the Anole VX for me. I demoed that the same day I heard the Andro G and there was no comparison. The Andro G was one IEM that I just failed to make a connection with.

Haven't listened to them and not interested due to price and using 2 pin cable.

I'm in the same boat. The VE lineup looks amazing, but the cost of them combined with the hassle and commitment required for a custom more-or-less places them out of the running for me. I'm continually astounded how good Solaris is for its cost relative to the rest of the top of the line market, even factoring in the increased cost of the SE, which imho is more than justified by the improved vocals, mids and sparkle up top...not to mention the new design, which impresses me more every time I put them on. To people who love the OG...do what you can to demo the SE...you may be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #7,221 of 12,035
I love my Solaris but hearing Solaris SE's an improvement refining the sound to its fullest I couldn't resist but to order one. I am so excited to receive one tomorrow.

Good choice man can't wait to hear your impressions.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #7,222 of 12,035
Good choice man can't wait to hear your impressions.

I am afraid it would be a while before I post my feedback. I remember Solaris sounded crap when I first got it but after about 50 hours
it started shining to be my favorite IEM. Honestly I wouldn't expect night and day improvement but I take any minor refinement I can get.
Not many review on this IEM so I was rather hesitant in getting one but I can afford two Solaris in case one goes down :)

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #7,223 of 12,035
I am afraid it would be a while before I post my feedback. I remember Solaris sounded crap when I first got it but after about 50 hours
it started shining to be my favorite IEM. Honestly I wouldn't expect night and day improvement but I take any minor refinement I can get.
Not many review on this IEM so I was rather hesitant in getting one but I can afford two Solaris in case one goes down :)
get that AMP8EX-FE burn in together then...:beerchug:

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #7,224 of 12,035
get that AMP8EX-FE burn in together then...:beerchug:

lol, yeah I am currently burning my amp8exfe while waiting for the code 51 cable, solaris se and fidelizer dx220 body mod. This will be best combo ever, oh boy I can't wait.
I thought amp8exfe sounded so great that it deserves some good companions. Solaris and DX220 are definitely two gems which don't cost an arm and leg.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #7,225 of 12,035
lol, yeah I am currently burning my amp8exfe while waiting for the code 51 cable, solaris se and fidelizer dx220 body mod. This will be best combo ever, oh boy I can't wait.
I thought amp8exfe sounded so great that it deserves some good companions. Solaris and DX220 are definitely two gems which don't cost an arm and leg.
Woah... I envy you...
maximize all out...
Looking forward for that Impression then...
DX220 Fidelizer Mod + AMP8EX-FE + Area 51 + Solaris SE... what could go wrong with that?

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #7,226 of 12,035
[...] while waiting for the code 51 cable, solaris se and fidelizer dx220 body mod. This will be best combo ever, oh boy I can't wait.

So that's a $2,400 cable, right? Hope you won't take this too hard, but unfortunately that is not the best combo ever. I expect that next week EA will release an even better cable for a mere $3,500. I'll be sure to send you the link.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #7,229 of 12,035
I actually find it hard to imagine what can actually be better than Solaris, and when I hear news that there is a new version of Solaris I feel righteous anger! it's not very nice of Campfire audio to release several versions of Solarises so often, why don't they just put out one best version! :)

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #7,230 of 12,035
Iwhy don't they just put out one best version! :)

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." ~ Bruce Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back