Campfire - Solaris
Nov 15, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #6,707 of 12,035
Nov 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #6,713 of 12,035
I believe its inlaid abalone shell.

like the CA Logo on the Andro MW10.

42B9E6E2-51DE-438F-9B62-3A27AA445423.jpeg

2477404B-4CFC-40C4-9C7E-82BF60B4696C.jpeg

*its hard to tell whether the photo is an actual beta/alpha model or a photo mock up.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #6,717 of 12,035
I personally don't really care how it looks-- the important question is how does it sound. The current Solaris is one of the if not the most competently tuned hybrids on the market right now...if they could add just a touch more mid bass impact it could be really be something (and I would be very tempted by it).

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #6,718 of 12,035
I personally don't really care how it looks-- the important question is how does it sound. The current Solaris is one of the if not the most competently tuned hybrids on the market right now...if they could add just a touch more mid bass impact it could be really be something (and I would be very tempted by it).

I agree that looks aren't the top priority but I do think it should be nice to look at... Especially past the kilobuck range, not even for others to look at but just for yourself.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #6,719 of 12,035
I agree that looks aren't the top priority but I do think it should be nice to look at... Especially past the kilobuck range, not even for others to look at but just for yourself.

Fair point but I'm not too worried about that side of it-- there has yet to be a CFA IEM that isn't nice to look at so I'm sure it will be...I'm very eager to hear if the new one will have an updated sound (and in what way).

Nov 15, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #6,720 of 12,035
.... if they could add just a touch more mid bass impact it could be really be something........

I have read so many guys here talk about the lack of bass or mid-bass...

Personally I find the bass very good... of course it can and is a subjective matter in the most part... but given from what I have read it seems pretty much an even split....

So could that variance of opinion.. be all down to that subjective opinion or is it more likely to be the set up from tips to cable to source... even in conjunction with the genre of music...

As I say I really find the bass very good... it doesn’t over power but it accurately reflects the bass of the music I am listening to...

I find it odd a few guys say it doesn’t really perform... and I do wonder if it is simply just us all hearing something different or is it the set up possibly or even a combination of both..

If I could afford for a pair of these new Solaris’ I really wouldn’t be looking for any more bass... and if it did perhaps it really would not be a Solaris.. (if you see what I mean) isn’t that the aim of the Solaris?

I suppose it’s like the Andromeda... when you look at the many variations of it then at what point do you say that it’s no longer an Andromeda... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back