Campfire Audio Trifecta
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #781 of 876
That's my experience, too.

Did you swap out the stock cable? I like them but they don't seem like the easiest thing to manage for a small case. I'm looking at Cema Acousti.
I didn't try other cables, but I am considering to find a cable which is less "plasticky" if I can say it like that. Because I hear the bumping of the cable while walking around with them. I want a softer cable for easier carry and walkarounds

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #782 of 876
I'm thinking of getting a used set of these. Anybody know if campfire would help me if anything went wrong with them?

From their site:

The Campfire Audio 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty protects against defects in the manufacture and assembly of earphones and cables for two (2) years from the date of the original retail purchase.

Accessories such as carrying cases and ear tips are not covered by warranty. The warranty does not cover damage or malfunction due to misuse or wear and tear. The warranty is transferable between users, original proof of purchase may be needed to validate your warranty.

If your product is found to be defective during the warranty period, we will either repair the product or replace the product with a new or equivalent model at the discretion of Campfire Audio. Any product found to be defective or damaged outside of the warranty period can be repaired for a service fee (parts+labor). An estimate will be provided once our engineers have reviewed your product.

And... Even if something is out of warranty, they will repair at parts plus labor.

We will service any Campfire Audio IEM for the life of the product regardless of the warranty listed. For instance, if a truck runs over your IEM, we will repair or replace them for parts cost and shop time for the repair. (proof of purchase required).

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #783 of 876
From their site:

The Campfire Audio 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty protects against defects in the manufacture and assembly of earphones and cables for two (2) years from the date of the original retail purchase.

Accessories such as carrying cases and ear tips are not covered by warranty. The warranty does not cover damage or malfunction due to misuse or wear and tear. The warranty is transferable between users, original proof of purchase may be needed to validate your warranty.

If your product is found to be defective during the warranty period, we will either repair the product or replace the product with a new or equivalent model at the discretion of Campfire Audio. Any product found to be defective or damaged outside of the warranty period can be repaired for a service fee (parts+labor). An estimate will be provided once our engineers have reviewed your product.

And... Even if something is out of warranty, they will repair at parts plus labor.

We will service any Campfire Audio IEM for the life of the product regardless of the warranty listed. For instance, if a truck runs over your IEM, we will repair or replace them for parts cost and shop time for the repair. (proof of purchase required).
Honestly, Campfire are pretty spot on when it comes to stuff like this. I've had some extremely pleasant experiences with them when it comes to warranty issues, they've gone above any beyond when anything has gone wrong. Even when out of warranty they have been extremely helpful, no one should have concerns with after sales support.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #784 of 876
Honestly, Campfire are pretty spot on when it comes to stuff like this. I've had some extremely pleasant experiences with them when it comes to warranty issues, they've gone above any beyond when anything has gone wrong. Even when out of warranty they have been extremely helpful, no one should have concerns with after sales support.

I have no doubt. Support is quick to respond... I was getting used to Hifiman's one reply per 24- to 96-hour period.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #785 of 876
I'm checking if the seller has a proof of purchase before I make a purchase.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #786 of 876
I'm checking if the seller has a proof of purchase before I make a purchase.

I see you have the Sony WM1Z. You're in for a treat.

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #787 of 876
Unfortunately he doesn't have a proof of purchase so I'm not sure I can risk buying it

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #788 of 876
Unfortunately he doesn't have a proof of purchase so I'm not sure I can risk buying it

If you're planning on dealing with CFA directly for any warranty issues I don't think that will matter. They tend to look after their products without question.

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #789 of 876
If you're planning on dealing with CFA directly for any warranty issues I don't think that will matter. They tend to look after their products without question.
Ah I didn't know that. Hmm I might buy them. My wm1z is npaudio modded too so it should be an amazing match

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #790 of 876
Ah I didn't know that. Hmm I might buy them. My wm1z is npaudio modded too so it should be an amazing match

Yeah proof of purchase documentation really only matters if you're planning on going through the original retailer for warranty issues.

I heard @bigbeans npaudio modded 1z with the Trifecta last week and indeed it sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #792 of 876
Call me doubtful, but how could he NOT have one?

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #793 of 876
Mar 17, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #794 of 876
If anyone is interested in a headphone that sounds similiar in that meaty textured live-feeling sound that the Trifecta represents: Spirit Torino Pulsar (and probably Valkyria).
It's more resolving, but i think it's in the same general direction more than any other headphone that i've heard.

Mar 17, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #795 of 876
If anyone is interested in a headphone that sounds similiar in that meaty textured live-feeling sound that the Trifecta represents: Spirit Torino Pulsar (and probably Valkyria).
It's more resolving, but i think it's in the same general direction more than any other headphone that i've heard.
If you want to try meaty sound that feels like a live concert, you should really try the Kennerton Heartland Planars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back