Campfire Audio Trifecta
Feb 13, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #751 of 893
Vol about 60. I listen to pretty much anything, but not a lot of classical, metal or super fast electronic. I think it's pretty well established at this point that we have different tastes and don't always hear things the same. YMMV etc.

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #752 of 893
Vol about 60. I listen to pretty much anything, but not a lot of classical, metal or super fast electronic. I think it's pretty well established at this point that we have different tastes and don't always hear things the same. YMMV etc.
Yes true, which is why I wanted to hear Trifecta 'with your ears', and a specific playlist is the only way to do that. HG or LG?

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #753 of 893
Yes true, which is why I wanted to hear Trifecta 'with your ears', and a specific playlist is the only way to do that. HG or LG?

My playlist has like 2k songs in it...but take a random samplying of classic rock, jazz, electronica, funk, blues with a dash of orchestra and soundtracks and you should have some idea.

I list a bunch of tracks throughout my Trifecta review if that's helpful. FWIW I listen to some but not a lot of female vocals, which I know is an area of fixation for you.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #754 of 893
My playlist has like 2k songs in it...but take a random samplying of classic rock, jazz, electronica, funk, blues with a dash of orchestra and soundtracks and you should have some idea.

I list a bunch of tracks throughout my Trifecta review if that's helpful. FWIW I listen to some but not a lot of female vocals, which I know is an area of fixation for you.
Thanks I'll check that out again. Read it a while back. And yes, female vocals are usually the deal breaker with IEMs for me...when they mess them up that is. Male vocals are much easier since they hardly ever creep into the sibilance/zing ranges.

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #755 of 893
Thanks I'll check that out again. Read it a while back. And yes, female vocals are usually the deal breaker with IEMs for me...when they mess them up that is. Male vocals are much easier since they hardly ever creep into the sibilance/zing ranges.
This entire album:

On this chain:

RS8 (Class A, turbo, middle gain, Soundfield plug-in on .95, Mastermind plug-in on PC1704, Darwin Ultra filter, Atmosphere Enhanced on, Harmonic Controller on 92->Qobuz through UAPP->Timestream Cable->Trifecta Golden Sunset = the most visceral and sublime listening experience of my life

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #756 of 893
This entire album:

On this chain:

RS8 (Class A, turbo, middle gain, Soundfield plug-in on .95, Mastermind plug-in on PC1704, Darwin Ultra filter, Atmosphere Enhanced on, Harmonic Controller on 92->Qobuz through UAPP->Timestream Cable->Trifecta Golden Sunset = the most visceral and sublime listening experience of my life

Whatever formula that is, it's working a treat. Same chain, except for PWA 1950s on Trifecta, and playing through Tidal/hi-res. Very chill indeed.

Don't think I've actually experimented with either Mastermind or Sound Field properly.

PS. What volume do you have yours set at?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #757 of 893
Whatever formula that is, it's working a treat. Same chain, except for PWA 1950s on Trifecta, and playing through Tidal/hi-res. Very chill indeed.

Don't think I've actually experimented with either Mastermind or Sound Field properly.

PS. What volume do you have yours set at?
Pretty low. Around 25. Getting the Lavinia to pair with the Trifecta for some extra detaail. Soundfield is a must. Mastermind I switch on and off. But that PC1704 sounds soooo good. Also I found I am not using any MSEB with the Trifectas whereas I have used at least some on most other sets. I don't want to mess with perfection!

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #758 of 893
Yeah maybe it’s more muffled than full on no sound. For some reason it’s hard to tell, haha. It’s definitely quieter. But it happens with any tips that get a good, suctiony seal. I’m using Eartune Fidelity Us, if that means anything lol. Although I was able to replicate with Baroque’s and Spiraldots, too. But oh well! I just have to be more deliberate with how I seat them
Same thing happened to me. It happened to me when I used silicon tips and inserted them too much. I couldn’t tell if it was due to too good a seal causing drive or if the tip bent over the nozzle and restricted sound. I had to switch tips and it’s gone away.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #759 of 893
Pretty low. Around 25. Getting the Lavinia to pair with the Trifecta for some extra detaail. Soundfield is a must. Mastermind I switch on and off. But that PC1704 sounds soooo good. Also I found I am not using any MSEB with the Trifectas whereas I have used at least some on most other sets. I don't want to mess with perfection!
Wow, 25. I think I was pushing 40 and that wasn't overly loud. Interesting how you equate visceral with such low volume listening. Your hearing must be MUCH better than mine! 😅

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #760 of 893
Wow, 25. I think I was pushing 40 and that wasn't overly loud. Interesting how you equate visceral with such low volume listening. Your hearing must be MUCH better than mine! 😅
I mean, 40 is definitely MORE visceral lol. I'm a lower volume guy but that's indoors in my quiet work space. I might crank it higher if I were outside/in a car/on a train etc. I don't generally take the titanium brick out and even when I do find the Trifectas are incredibly easy to drive. They even sound full and impactful on the Apple dongle

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #761 of 893
Same thing happened to me. It happened to me when I used silicon tips and inserted them too much. I couldn’t tell if it was due to too good a seal causing drive or if the tip bent over the nozzle and restricted sound. I had to switch tips and it’s gone away.
To me there is definitely 'too deep' for the Trifectas where the midbass gets muddy, depth and stage collapse. I spend a minute or two making sure they are resting in a sweet spot in my ears each time I listen - perfect seal but not jammed in.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #762 of 893
Using the same set up (RS8+ Trifecta),

one of my favourite album is Flying by Garth Stevenson. The 2nd track Horizon I can literally feel the plucking of the cello/double bass.

Also Brighter Wound by Son Lux, the drum kicks are just amazing treat. Especially All Direction and The Fool you need, they are my test tracks for Trifecta.

Also Maustetytöt, the Finnish spice girl band with pop and charming melody.

Also doom jazz band like Kilimanjaro Dark Jazz Ensemble or Bohren & Der Club of Gore sounds amazing on trifecta.

Other tracks I love:
Posterity from soundtrack of Tenet
I think it was Love by Josephine Oniyama

Trifecta is like the Nicolas Cage or the Keaneu Reeves in the IEM world, with the right setting/context they are amazing.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #763 of 893
Hi guys, does anyone have suggestion for cable for Trifecta - but only ergonomics wise - I want lightweight, bendy, maybe cloth sleeved cable when I carry it outside. With the stock cable it grinds along the zipper on the jacket or pocket and I hear that transfered to the iems, or while walking it hits the body and also sounds annoying.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #764 of 893
Hi guys, does anyone have suggestion for cable for Trifecta - but only ergonomics wise - I want lightweight, bendy, maybe cloth sleeved cable when I carry it outside. With the stock cable it grinds along the zipper on the jacket or pocket and I hear that transfered to the iems, or while walking it hits the body and also sounds annoying.
That is interesting to hear. I find the Timestream cable to be very bendy and not microphonic at all. I use the Vortex Lavinia but that is more stiff so you may not like it. But it is cloth-covered, shielded and sounds frickin' awesome.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #765 of 893
Yes!

I have been using the Eletech Raphael and love it with Trifecta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back