Campfire Audio Trifecta
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #766 of 876
Thanks I will gather info and put those on my list to try. The stock white one (that is Timestream?) is bendy but I guess it could be because of the plastic outside skin I can feel/hear the bumping on the jacket and zippers. Currently I have Madoo typ512 to compare and its stock cable is like non-existing, really low profile :)

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #767 of 876
Newbie IEM question: could I drive Trifecta decently with an ifi Go Blu, or do I need something more powerful to get the best out of it. Something like an ifi Gryphon/Diablo or a quality DAP?

I understand from headphones that they can scale significantly on better amps. Would like to get some of the magic out of these, without heading to TOTL DAP territory.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #768 of 876
All CFA IEMs can be driven by a phone or DAP, but will scale up a bit with more power.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #769 of 876
Newbie IEM question: could I drive Trifecta decently with an ifi Go Blu, or do I need something more powerful to get the best out of it. Something like an ifi Gryphon/Diablo or a quality DAP?

I understand from headphones that they can scale significantly on better amps. Would like to get some of the magic out of these, without heading to TOTL DAP territory.
Mine sounds phenomenal on the iBasso DC Elite.

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #770 of 876
Ok I've joined you guys.

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #771 of 876
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #772 of 876
Fcuk yeah brah, welcome to the team. You have chosen wisely.

Thanks! I've never heard any iems like these. Playing with tips now, that's a tough one--I do like the BGVP W01 and Spiral Dots. Are the Coreir that much better?

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #773 of 876
Thanks! I've never heard any iems like these. Playing with tips now, that's a tough one--I do like the BGVP W01 and Spiral Dots. Are the Coreir that much better?

Which variant (of the Trifecta) did you get? RE tips I'm not the right person to ask as due to my weirdly shaped right ear canal I'm very limited in the tips I can use to get a seal. Sednafit Crystals are my standby and they're great.

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #774 of 876
Which variant (of the Trifecta) did you get? RE tips I'm not the right person to ask as due to my weirdly shaped right ear canal I'm very limited in the tips I can use to get a seal. Sednafit Crystals are my standby and they're great.

Got one from the original run. I have tried Final E, BGVP A07, E01, KBEAR 07, Tri Clarion, SpinFits, Spiral Dots, and BGVP W01. I bet I haven't tried enough but narrow bore attenuates the treble but also reduces the stage for me, takes away the special.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #775 of 876
Well, impressions. I haven't felt like this since I heard the Meze Elite.

For a long time, I never thought an iem could compete with a headphone, but these stage like open backs. The sense of air, separation, the force behind each bass hit... it really is like listening to something much bigger. On the right songs, they completely disappear and are almost speaker-like. I've not come across this in another iem. There's also a romantic quality to them, something very visceral and old school to the sound... it feels very real. I do believe I'm done searching.

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #776 of 876
... it feels very real. I do believe I'm done searching.
Based on your very impressive sig line, I'm gonna say "I doubt it!" :dt880smile::sweat_smile:

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #777 of 876
Mar 17, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #778 of 876
Got one from the original run. I have tried Final E, BGVP A07, E01, KBEAR 07, Tri Clarion, SpinFits, Spiral Dots, and BGVP W01. I bet I haven't tried enough but narrow bore attenuates the treble but also reduces the stage for me, takes away the special.
at the moment I am waiting for Coreir the one with the metal opening to arive. I mostly use now the Spinfit W1 because of the longer canal, it gives me the deepest bass of all I tried but on the other side I struggle to fit them without squashing the tips too much and reducing the trebble. But when I get the correct possition, it is like large festival speakers simulation, unique experience :)

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #779 of 876
at the moment I am waiting for Coreir the one with the metal opening to arive. I mostly use now the Spinfit W1 because of the longer canal, it gives me the deepest bass of all I tried but on the other side I struggle to fit them without squashing the tips too much and reducing the trebble. But when I get the correct possition, it is like large festival speakers simulation, unique experience :)
That's my experience, too.

Did you swap out the stock cable? I like them but they don't seem like the easiest thing to manage for a small case. I'm looking at Cema Acousti.

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #780 of 876
I'm thinking of getting a used set of these. Anybody know if campfire would help me if anything went wrong with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back