Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #7,502 of 9,829
I don't agree with calling this an andromeda, it should have it's own name, because it has a different sound. I feel like this was done to maximise on the andromedas popularity.
"Campfire Audio Milky Way" it is

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #7,503 of 9,829
Aug 9, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #7,504 of 9,829
And they do 1000 units intentionally too...

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #7,505 of 9,829
I don't agree with calling this an andromeda, it should have it's own name, because it has a different sound. I feel like this was done to maximise on the andromedas popularity.

Nah they should milk Andro's name for all it's worth, it's a for-profit business after all. Offer a clear shell and call it an Andro View. Add two more drivers and call it an Andro Titan. Keep the Andro train rollin' KB choo-choo.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #7,506 of 9,829
Demoed the black/gold andromeda today, it is an andromeda with slightly more bass, makes the sound warmer but still airy. Soundstage remains the same. The nozzle is much longer which I think will benefit the fit although I have no problem with the regular andromeda. My impression is very rough since I didn't test it with my regular andros side by side, because the line of waiting is so long. But I think it is safe to say that the black one suits a wider variety of genres, a good choice for the one who considers the regular version slightly lacking in bass.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #7,507 of 9,829
Love that black and gold look. Wish I had the budget for these I would 100 % pull the trigger.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #7,508 of 9,829
Nah they should milk Andro's name for all it's worth, it's a for-profit business after all. Offer a clear shell and call it an Andro View. Add two more drivers and call it an Andro Titan. Keep the Andro train rollin' KB choo-choo.
By now, they should just change Campfire Audio to Andromeda Audio

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #7,509 of 9,829
I’m actually more interested in the crossover-less design, I wonder how they did that.

Empire Ears does like a million way crossovers.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #7,510 of 9,829
I’m actually more interested in the crossover-less design, I wonder how they did that.

Empire Ears does like a million way crossovers.

I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it! Multi-BA with no X-Over.... anyone else doing it?

Edit: @crinacle informed me that KZ has a no x-over ba design. Im looking at their lineup trying to figure out which one though.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #7,514 of 9,829

If you can't see the embedded video above, please click here.

Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold Review & Measurements - Head-Fi TV

The Campfire Audio Andromeda Special Edition Gold could just as easily been given a completely new name, because it's both an Andromeda and something new. We gave it a look, listen, and we measured it.

Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold Review & Measurements - Produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

The measurements included in this video were made using:

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #7,515 of 9,829
I'm glad someone else finally mentioned it! Multi-BA with no X-Over.... anyone else doing it?

Edit: @crinacle informed me that KZ has a no x-over ba design. Im looking at their lineup trying to figure out which one though.
Audiosense T800 is 8 BA with no crossovers and with 3 D printed tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back