Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #7,516 of 9,829
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #7,518 of 9,829
Clearly Campfire wants to capitalize on the success of the original.

Personally I don’t think the original Andromeda can be improved upon. But as always, taste may vary.

If Campfire wants to really improve the Andromeda, they should stop making it being so sensitive to the DAC/amp you are using. It is a night and day difference between the Chord Hugo 2 and Chord Poly / Mojo as an example.

But it means I get multiple IEM's for the price of one I guess. If I want a dark sounding IEM, I use the Chord / Poly. If I want a more neutral IEM, I use the Chord Hugo 2 or straight out of the iPhone :p

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #7,519 of 9,829
i don't have the s8F, but some guys made a comparison with 6 rui and according to them the T800 is more capable in ear
Bggar too said s8f is better than 6rui. So idk which one is better for surgical iem. Clarity, details emphasizr without highs being thin like t2pro.

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #7,520 of 9,829
If Campfire wants to really improve the Andromeda, they should stop making it being so sensitive to the DAC/amp you are using. It is a night and day difference between the Chord Hugo 2 and Chord Poly / Mojo as an example.
Actually that's one of the reasons i returned my andros. The coherency between source is too obvious and i cant find any source that can make the vocals sound natural and clean.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #7,521 of 9,829
CA must be really busy with the Gold Andromeda PR and stuff that they haven't answered the 10 emails I've sent this week inquiring about my order for the regular Andro. Seriously even if I want to get the Gold I have to cancel this order, and even if I want that they wouldn't respond to let me do it :deadhorse:

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #7,522 of 9,829
Actually that's one of the reasons i returned my andros. The coherency between source is too obvious and i cant find any source that can make the vocals sound natural and clean.
Original Andromeda has a bit recessed vocals, you should have tried SR15, AK240 or SP1000 for the best performance or find an Andromeda S.

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #7,523 of 9,829
CA must be really busy with the Gold Andromeda PR and stuff that they haven't answered the 10 emails I've sent this week inquiring about my order for the regular Andro. Seriously even if I want to get the Gold I have to cancel this order, and even if I want that they wouldn't respond to let me do it :deadhorse:

I think much of the team may be in Hong Kong for the AV show there.

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #7,524 of 9,829
Original Andromeda has a bit recessed vocals, you should have tried SR15, AK240 or SP1000 for the best performance or find an Andromeda S.
what about comet?

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #7,525 of 9,829

But it means I get multiple IEM's for the price of one I guess. If I want a dark sounding IEM, I use the Chord / Poly. If I want a more neutral IEM, I use the Chord Hugo 2 or straight out of the iPhone :p

that's what you want from a earphone.A clear window into your source.you are actually giving it high praise when you say that.

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #7,526 of 9,829
that's what you want from a earphone.A clear window into your source.you are actually giving it high praise when you say that.
Not really, i prefer coherency, i will stick to an iems longer than any other device like phone etc so i want my iems sound good on any device. Like audio64 did with tia driver. Consistency.

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #7,528 of 9,829
@KB you should package the Andromeda Special Edition: Gold and Gold 16 to create the Gold Standard Package :grinning:

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #7,529 of 9,829

Are you sure about the recessed vocals?

I have the v3, and if anything, the mids sounds a tad lifted and vocals are quite present and not recessed at all. If anything, the bass sits a bit further back.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #7,530 of 9,829
I've been using Audio 64 U6's for a while now until a large chip came out below the APEX module - now I'm in the market for a new set of IEM. I'm tempted by the new Andro's but I'm concerned about fatigue. Can anyone who's familiar with the Andros comment on their experience with listening times? I'll regularly go 3-5 hours a day at my desk and have never had issues with my Audio 64's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back